+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone here who worked in a ship or plane before?

haven30

Feb 2, 2015
Hi guys need help please... cic is asking for fbi clearance certificate while I have not stayed physically in the land of US but in the waters surrounding US and other countries like mexico etc. I did not submit my FBI since i did not stay for a total of 6 months in the land of US. what will i do? i uploaded explanation with a copy of my visa C1/d (transit visa) but still they asked for fbi. my work permit expires next month, june and it takes 3 months for FBI...

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
haven30 said:
Hi guys need help please... cic is asking for fbi clearance certificate while I have not stayed physically in the land of US but in the waters surrounding US and other countries like mexico etc. I did not submit my FBI since i did not stay for a total of 6 months in the land of US. what will i do? i uploaded explanation with a copy of my visa C1/d (transit visa) but still they asked for fbi. my work permit expires next month, june and it takes 3 months for FBI...
If they have asked for it, then get it done. Files are rejected for not submitting the PCC.
I am not sure why would they ask in your case, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

haven30

Feb 2, 2015
doobie.doobie said:
If they have asked for it, then get it done. Files are rejected for not submitting the PCC.
I am not sure why would they ask in your case, but you gotta do what you gotta do!
Yah that's what im gonna do i'm just worried it'll take another 3 months just for waiting for my fbi. I just hope there's other way....i was just hoping i dont need one since i did not need it when i came to Canada. :(

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
haven30 said:
We are in the same boat but in different ship.
Hi, you are seafarer. Right?

I worked also on a ship. Anchor Handling Tug. I have my transit visa valid for only 96 hours to join my ship in UAE and another transit visa to exit from UAE also valid for 96 hrs. I just entered UAE for only 2 day total. Form airport then travel directly to our ship. But my employer was based in UAE and I worked in that company for 11 months though we never stayed in UAE on land. We sail and travel most of the time whole region of Persian Gulf and the Far East. Did you disclosed in your work history the address of your Principal employer in the US. And it is impossible for me to obtained PCC Dubai. We don't used passport to travel outside the country as a seaman. We used Seaman's book (seaman passport) and all the visa stamped is in Seaman Book not on the passport. My visa was on paper not in the passport and a guaranteed letter for my employer. Besides I just entered UAE for just 2 days to joined the ship and exit to travel back home. But what I have read here in Forum many applicant got rejected because of no PCC though they did not stayed in the country for more than six months.

Just shared Your experience. Waiting for your reply.

haven30

Feb 2, 2015
Nebm31 said:
We are in the same boat but in different ship.
Hi, you are seafarer. Right?

I worked also on a ship. Anchor Handling Tug. I have my transit visa valid for only 96 hours to join my ship in UAE and another transit visa to exit from UAE also valid for 96 hrs. I just entered UAE for only 2 day total. Form airport then travel directly to our ship. But my employer was based in UAE and I worked in that company for 11 months though we never stayed in UAE on land. We sail and travel most of the time whole region of Persian Gulf and the Far East. Did you disclosed in your work history the address of your Principal employer in the US. And it is impossible for me to obtained PCC Dubai. We don't used passport to travel outside the country as a seaman. We used Seaman's book (seaman passport) and all the visa stamped is in Seaman Book not on the passport. My visa was on paper not in the passport and a guaranteed letter for my employer. Besides I just entered UAE for just 2 days to joined the ship and exit to travel back home. But what I have read here in Forum many applicant got rejected because of no PCC though they did not stayed in the country for more than six months.

Just shared Your experience. Waiting for your reply.
yup we are on the same boat... same visa as yours serves as transit visa to the US and we use seamans book as well. anyway, ill get my fbi still on tuesday since monday is holiday. and i might as well consult my lawyer about this. this is so stressfull, i even uploaded pages of my seamans book with all the stamps but still they asked for FBI. ill keep u posted maybe on tuesday...

king5

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Hi heaven30

Me also used to work on cruise lines before ,in u.s.a.in my case i submit a explanation letter for fbi.and i clearly mentioned ,i already apply for fbi clearance,and i attach the proof also .still they didnt ask fbi clearance.just want to know when they ask you for fbi ?my cic status shown background inprocess,but ecas status shown application received and 3 lines.when did u summit ur profile?if u dont mind could u post ur timeline plz

thanks

haven30

Feb 2, 2015
king5 said:
Hi heaven30

Me also used to work on cruise lines before ,in u.s.a.in my case i submit a explanation letter for fbi.and i clearly mentioned ,i already apply for fbi clearance,and i attach the proof also .still they didnt ask fbi clearance.just want to know when they ask you for fbi ?my cic status shown background inprocess,but ecas status shown application received and 3 lines.when did u summit ur profile?if u dont mind could u post ur timeline plz

thanks
ITA recvd: feb 7
Application submittd: March 11
AOR rcvd: march 11
request for ielts: march 12
request for ielts spouse: march 16
medical passed: march 17
background check and eligibiliy in progress: march 18
Pcc request: may 15

I did a letter of explanation and even attached pages of my seamans book and likewise my US visa but still they asked for PCC.

kambal82

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Celpip-14/04/15 and sched A/seamansbook-20-07/15
AOR Received.
13-04-15
Med's Request
12-03-15
Med's Done....
30-04-15
Passport Req..
23-07-15
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-15
LANDED..........
19-08-15
haven30 said:
Hi! we are on the same tune,I also worked on a cruise ship for 6 years and travel in most ports of the U.S.I just send them letter of explanation regarding that matter and attached all my visa stamps including my C-1/D,Im just hoping they will not ask me the same thing cause for now they just ask me for my CELPIP and my BG check is in progress since first week of April

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
kambal82 said:
Hi! we are on the same tune,I also worked on a cruise ship for 6 years and travel in most ports of the U.S.I just send them letter of explanation regarding that matter and attached all my visa stamps including my C-1/D,Im just hoping they will not ask me the same thing cause for now they just ask me for my CELPIP and my BG check is in progress since first week of April
Welcome aboard.

Hoping CIC will not requested a PCC for us as a Seafarer. We don't leave on land. But on the ship that travel whole world form port to port.
Prayer for you will get positive result from CIC.

God Bless.

haven30

Feb 2, 2015
Nebm31 said:
Welcome aboard.

Hoping CIC will not requested a PCC for us as a Seafarer. We don't leave on land. But on the ship that travel whole world form port to port.
Prayer for you will get positive result from CIC.

God Bless.
@Nebm31, fbi is really needed for seafarers according to cic. if they asked for it we need to provide it, no questions or bargaining. better get it now or application will be delayed.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
haven30 said:
@ Nebm31, fbi is really needed for seafarers according to cic. if they asked for it we need to provide it, no questions or bargaining. better get it now or application will be delayed.
Have you already applied for your FBI. Right? Have you received it. I called CIC about my PCC UAE they asked if I have an address in UAE. Of course I said NO nothing.. I never lived in UAE by land and I only travel there for only 2 days to join my ship and ship to airport going back home. They advice me to provide an explanation letter along with my application why can I not able to obtain PCC UAE.

God Bless.

haven30

Feb 2, 2015
Nebm31 said:
Have you already applied for your FBI. Right? Have you received it. I called CIC about my PCC UAE they asked if I have an address in UAE. Of course I said NO nothing.. I never lived in UAE by land and I only travel there for only 2 days to join my ship and ship to airport going back home. They advice me to provide an explanation letter along with my application why can I not able to obtain PCC UAE.

God Bless.
yes, i applied for fbi just today. hopefully i will be able to get one (fingerscrossed). i submitted everything to cic today including receipt for delivery and stuff. I am not sure if i will be able to secure one so i again for the 2nd time provided explanation letter. $18 for fbi doesnt hurt compared to $550 if our papers gets rejected... anyway have tried to get one at UAE? if it doesnt cost u that much i suggest start getting one now before they ask for it like mine. good luck

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
haven30 said:
yes, i applied for fbi just today. hopefully i will be able to get one (fingerscrossed). i submitted everything to cic today including receipt for delivery and stuff. I am not sure if i will be able to secure one so i again for the 2nd time provided explanation letter. $18 for fbi doesnt hurt compared to $550 if our papers gets rejected... anyway have tried to get one at UAE? if it doesnt cost u that much i suggest start getting one now before they ask for it like mine. good luck
I been already applied for PCC UAE way back form 2013. I send my NBI fingerprint for which primary documents for Certificate of Right Conduct for attestation and I got the stamped attested on it by UAE embassy Manila. But they never processed it for PCC and they sent it back to me because I have no Residence Visa stamped on my passport nor having an emirates ID. You must have a Residence Visa to acquire UAE PCC. I used paper based Visa (Transit entry visa valid for 96 hrs. to joined my ship and my cancellation exit visa for 96 hrs. also going back home. Besides, on my visa which I translated it to English (paid 180cad for 2 visas) it showed that I used my Seaman's Book number not my passport. UAE website stated that requires your passport with residence visa. I used seaman's book to travel outside my country as a seafarer.

Then here in Canada., I follow all the instruction given by CIC how to obtain UAE PCC. I took fingerprint form RCMP (Commissioner) then sent it to JLAC then sent to UAE embassy Ottawa for attestation then sent it to my friend in Dubai. Unfortunately, it was the same result. You must have a residence visa or Emirates ID.

It is impossible to get UAE PCC if you are a seafarer. we don't lived on land. I lived in a ship that travel whole Persian Gulf area most of the time and the Far East.

Hope explanation letter would suffice for having no PCC.
Pray to God this can help for our application.

Sharmprab

May 3, 2015
well I do not know about seafarers...but about flying...I was flying for long 7 years and traveled all ova ....but I applied for pcc only for the places where I stayed for more than 6 months as mentioned by CIC website

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Sharmprab said:
well I do not know about seafarers...but about flying...I was flying for long 7 years and traveled all ova ....but I applied for pcc only for the places where I stayed for more than 6 months as mentioned by CIC website
The problem is our Principal Employer was based in UAE and I was hired and worked on that company for 11 months though I never lived on land physically in UAE. I disclosed on my worked history that I worked on that company but did not put any UAE address on my Address History since of course I did not lived there. Also on my travel history I just put only 2 days the day I joined my ship from UAE airport and the day form ship going to airport that was on only the day I sat foot on UAE soil.