+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone have a sample invitation letter (TRV application)

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
I want to invite a friend to visit they need a TRV and I would like to submit a notarized letter of invitation. I need an guideline of what to say and how to say it,

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Information from CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

Sometimes a person applying for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada is asked to provide a letter of invitation from someone in Canada. The following information will help you prepare such a letter to send to a relative or friend abroad.

A letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. Visa officers assess the applicant to determine whether they meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Note
The following information is only a guide. You must write the letter of invitation yourself. Some visa offices may require that your letter be notarized by a Notary Public. Check with the visa office that is processing the application to find out if you need to do this.

By writing a letter of invitation, you are not legally responsible for the visitor once they get to Canada, but you should provide the letter in good faith. You must give truthful information and intend to keep the promises you made in the letter.

Send your letter (notarized if necessary) to the person you are inviting to Canada. They must then submit this letter to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate outside of Canada when they apply for their Temporary Resident Visa.

Your letter must include the following information about the person being invited:

* Complete name.
* Date of birth.
* The person's address and telephone number.
* Your relationship to the person being invited.
* The purpose of the trip.
* How long the person you are inviting intends to stay in Canada.
* Details on accommodation and living expenses.
* The date the person you are inviting intends to leave Canada.

Your letter must also include the following information about yourself:

* Complete name.
* Date of birth.
* Address and telephone number in Canada.
* Occupation.
* Whether you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
* A photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada. For instance, a Canadian birth certificate if you were born in Canada or a Canadian citizenship card if you are a naturalized citizen. If you are Permanent Resident, you must send proof of your permanent resident status (a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing).

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
found this too...

SEARCH:

The Best Sample Invitation Letter for Canadian Visit Visa
In view of the fact that the requirements for letters of invitation for visit visa of Canada are only outlined on the whole, it is often tricky to produce the good invitation. There are large numbers of immigration lawyers and consultants who offer a service of filling out pre-printed common "invitation" forms for a fee. For your ease, here I have provided the sample of a best invitation letter for Canadian Visit Visa. You can modify it as per your requirements.

-------------------------------------------

Mary Brown
423 Park Ave.,
Toronto 1XW AA1
Ontario, Canada
(416) 555-5555

INVITATION LETTER

November 10, 2010

To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

I, Mary Brown, born on January 1, 1977, resident of 423 Park Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, am a citizen of Canada. I hereby, would like to verify my purpose to invite Mr. John Abraham to visit me in Canada for a little period of time starting on June 15, 2011 and ending on September 5, 2011.

I am requesting to consider Mr. John Abraham application for a visitor’s visa for the following reasons.

Mr. John Abraham is a citizen of the U.S. and he resides in his personal condo apartment at 34 John St. in New York (please find evidence of the possession enclosed). He is presently studying at the New York College of Information Technology where he is at his second year of studies at the IT security Professionals Program (proof of his studies is enclosed). In addition, he is presently employed part-time as a Computer Operator with New York Presbyterian Hospital. John’s family which consists of her parents and 3 younger siblings lives close in the same neighborhood John lives in.

John and I are engaged and have been in a connection since the winter of 2009. I travel to the America as a minimum once in 2 months to use up quality time with my fiancé. In addition, for the last two years we have spend our vacations jointly and travelled to Brazil in the autumn of 2008, to the Dominican Republic in the spring of 2009, to Alaska in the summer of 2009 and so on.

We have discussed our viewpoint on wedding ceremony and determined on having a wedding ceremony in Toronto in the month of August. I am thus respectfully requesting that you permit John to come to Canada for a time of less than 3 months so that we might be married in Canada. John's relatives in the US have it in mind to join us for the wedding. All of my friends and family members in Canada are also keen to attend our wedding and share this instant with us.

John needs to be here with me in Canada before the wedding as we desire to make wedding arrangements jointly. We plan to have a ritual in the month of August as John intends to go back to the US to continue his studies and resume her employment.

During his stay in Canada, John will live with me in my condo apartment, which I have possession of and where I live by myself (proof of the possession is enclosed). I vow to provide lodging, board and to pay for all expenses incurred regarding John’s visit to Canada and I vow to be legally responsible for him.

I hold enough funds to bear all the expenses mentioned in this. I have been working at Toronto Family Clinic as a Registered Nurse with the annual salary of $50,000 (enclosed please find the evidence of same). I also hold quite a few accounts with the Toronto Dominion Bank (evidence enclosed). I undertake to make sure that John will not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for her stay and that he will return to the US as stated by the conditions of his visitor’s visa.

Taking into consideration the previous, I am requesting you to kindly grant a visitor’s visa to John Abraham. Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

(Signed)
Mary Brown

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
Thanks! I guess my question is do I address it to Canadian Immigration or to my friend?

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
tweetybird said:
Thanks! I guess my question is do I address it to Canadian Immigration or to my friend?
I'd suggest you address it to your friend!!-But that's just my opinion.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
To the embassy or consulate of the country your friends going to send the application.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
tweetybird said:
I want to invite a friend to visit they need a TRV and I would like to submit a notarized letter of invitation. I need an guideline of what to say and how to say it,
Please this is a model i've made by myself for a visit visa and you may get an idea & show it to somebody else.

Your address
contacting details
(tel no/ email address)
date

The Visa Officer
The Canadian High Commission
(the country your friend lives).

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Invitation to My friend for a Short Visit to Canada

I, the undersigned, (Your name) xxxxxx, bearing the passport Number 000000, would like to invite my dear friend (him or his name) xxxxxxx ( Date of Birth: 10-10-2010) bearing Passport Number (your friend's) 0000000 , residing at no 10, ggggggg road, hgggg, (friend's address), for two weeks stay to be with me, to visit my family and also to visit the popular tourist attractions in Canada.
I am more than happy to provide my friend with accommodation as I am renting a very spacious five bed room detached house in Alberta, while she/he would be supporting her expenses for the full stay.
As she/he is a (his /her occupation) of (address of his /her working place). (Tel/Fax No. 000000000). She could only take a leave for two weeks. Therefore, she intends to leave Canada on the 05th of May 2013.

I agree that this letter may be shown to the Canadian Embassy in (country which your friend lives).
I will confirm the contents of this letter at the request of the Canadian Embassy in (country which your friend lives).
I am willing to share this information with the Canadian Embassy in (country which your friend lives).
The Bank accounts and the funds in under my friend's name xxxxxxxxx are available to my friend's visit in Canada. (Documents Attached)
Please find the following documents attached as a further support for this letter.
Copy of My Passport
Copy of the Citizenship Card
Tenancy Agreement
Business Registration (if u are a businessman, otherwise your paying sheet copies & details of your working place)
I totally support my friend (friend's name) xxxxxxxx 's application and I am eagerly waiting to see my friend in Canada and sincerely hope the necessary visa would be granted to my friend.

If you need any further details or clarification's, please do not hesitate to contact me on the above Tel. Number or via Email.

Thanking You
Yours sincerely,

(your name)

Declared this on
Before Me:

Attorney- at -law/ Commissioner of Oath

Reactions: vj171081

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
tweetybird said:
you should address it to the visa office or The Canadian High Commission which your friend lives (as i mentioned in my letter)
& also you should certify your letter by an Attorney- at -law/ Commissioner of Oath from your country. you should sign in front of him (Attorney- at -law/ Commissioner of Oath)

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
gango girl said:
you should address it to the visa office or The Canadian High Commission which your friend lives (as i mentioned in my letter)
& also you should certify your letter by an Attorney- at -law/ Commissioner of Oath from your country. you should sign in front of him (Attorney- at -law/ Commissioner of Oath)

Does anyone know if mexican citizens need to have their letters notarized?

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I don't think it is a requirement for any country. I do think that they look at it and see that the person who is willing to go to the extra lengths by doing it is responsible thus might get a better review. But, that is just my opinion.

EDIT*

Take a look here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/mexico-t35385.0.html

Someone dealing with Mexico VO might be able to help more then me.

Take Care

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
tweetybird said:
Does anyone know if mexican citizens need to have their letters notarized?
where ever you live, if you want to visit to canada & if your friend from canada send you an invitation letter to you by addressing it to the canadian high commission, your friend has to certify it & send it to you.

adnan_hossain

Apr 22, 2014
MadeInCanada, do you know if the "Mary Brown" letter was actually succesful as a letter. Trying to invite my fiancee for a visit, and would hate to hinder my chances by saying too much up front. Do you know if that letter was successful?

casaken

Dec 27, 2013
Yes you can find an example of a letter of invitation for immigration to canada here: invitationletter.net

Tanvir1405

Nov 9, 2017
Information from CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

Sometimes a person applying for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada is asked to provide a letter of invitation from someone in Canada. The following information will help you prepare such a letter to send to a relative or friend abroad.

A letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. Visa officers assess the applicant to determine whether they meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Note
The following information is only a guide. You must write the letter of invitation yourself. Some visa offices may require that your letter be notarized by a Notary Public. Check with the visa office that is processing the application to find out if you need to do this.

By writing a letter of invitation, you are not legally responsible for the visitor once they get to Canada, but you should provide the letter in good faith. You must give truthful information and intend to keep the promises you made in the letter.

Send your letter (notarized if necessary) to the person you are inviting to Canada. They must then submit this letter to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate outside of Canada when they apply for their Temporary Resident Visa.

Your letter must include the following information about the person being invited:

* Complete name.
* Date of birth.
* The person's address and telephone number.
* Your relationship to the person being invited.
* The purpose of the trip.
* How long the person you are inviting intends to stay in Canada.
* Details on accommodation and living expenses.
* The date the person you are inviting intends to leave Canada.

Your letter must also include the following information about yourself:

* Complete name.
* Date of birth.
* Address and telephone number in Canada.
* Occupation.
* Whether you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
* A photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada. For instance, a Canadian birth certificate if you were born in Canada or a Canadian citizenship card if you are a naturalized citizen. If you are Permanent Resident, you must send proof of your permanent resident status (a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing).