+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got TRV aproved 1st time they apply without any assistance?

Me2015

Apr 14, 2015
I was wondering if anyone got TRV approved 1st time they applied by following information on Canada Immi website? I find their website is very misleading.On the check list:

- Current and valid passport - doesnt ask for travel history, then reject people due to no travel history

- Bankstatement - doesnt mention what info they are looking for on the statement. For example, over the last 3-6months statement. I would submit my most current statement, then probably get rejected

They reject people without giving a specific reason, so you have to guess what important to include with your next application. If you email them you will only get generic reply, if you want to call them talk to someone about your situation good luck with that! Only immigration can get away from treating customers like that. If you are unsure about something and you cant clarify with the department directly where should you get this info from? You have better luck get info from this forum, some people here know more and are more helpful than visa officer

Me2015

Apr 14, 2015
Harneet463, thanks for your reply. You are smart by taking suggestion from forum to prepare your application. It was my first time applied for TRV, I follow everything on their website, then took my application to Visa Office and got the officer to check - everything ticked! The office doesnt have a clue, they just check if you signed the form etc if you have an enquiry you have to call/email which noone will answer or only get generic response. When my application was rejected, I tried to contact to get clear guideline to get rejected points approved for my next application. I got this "please only reapply if your circumstances changed" Well nothing changed - they are just so lazy to contact me for more documents. It is easy for them to reject application and make me pay and reapply again. They do nothing for customer, zero customer service. And let me tell you their attention to detail is bad, so if you are rejected there is a chance they misread your file. Get frustrated from not getting any info from them, then I found this forum. Most people in this forum would have more knowledge and do a better job than visa officer or consulate.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Me2015 said:
Harneet463, thanks for your reply. You are smart by taking suggestion from forum to prepare your application. It was my first time applied for TRV, I follow everything on their website, then took my application to Visa Office and got the officer to check - everything ticked! The office doesnt have a clue, they just check if you signed the form etc if you have an enquiry you have to call/email which noone will answer or only get generic response. When my application was rejected, I tried to contact to get clear guideline to get rejected points approved for my next application. I got this "please only reapply if your circumstances changed" Well nothing changed - they are just so lazy to contact me for more documents. It is easy for them to reject application and make me pay and reapply again. They do nothing for customer, zero customer service. And let me tell you their attention to detail is bad, so if you are rejected there is a chance they misread your file. Get frustrated from not getting any info from them, then I found this forum. Most people in this forum would have more knowledge and do a better job than visa officer or consulate.
The employees at the Visa Application Centers are not Visa Officers nor are they employed the consulate. They have no bearing on your application and really can only check if your forms are filled out and signed and if you submit the docs required on your checklist.

It is your responsibility to submit a complete application with whatever documents support your case. If you can call them lazy for not asking you for more information I suppose they could call you lazy for not being thorough. Name calling helps no one.

I understand the frustration but it is unrealistic to expect the officers to be able to respond to every message in a personal way which is why the put so much information in the public domain. Some people never even bother to read the website and send it all manner of queries. I suspect if they took the time to respond to every email they would have very little time to process applications.

Me2015

Apr 14, 2015
ButterflyChemist, thank you for your response. I call them Lazy because the service they delivered. It is not personal it is professional. They can call me lazy because I didn't provide enough documents but in fact I gave everything according to the check list.. They dont have a clear guideline, their check list is misleading that is why most people get their first application rejected and end up finding this forum like myself. Yes I know now what VFS and Consulate office are different but if people want to apply for a visa, they would look at visa information section, mainly application process and required documents, nothing else. They dont have to know everything.

- They ask for a current and valid passport, so I gave my new/current passport. There is no where on the checklist asking for travel history, then they reject people based on something they don't mention as a required doc/info. Do you think it is fair?
- They ask for Bank Statement, so I gave most current statement. Got rejected as insufficient fund, no explanation whatsoever.. I have more than $50,000 in saving, own a house, fulltime employed. surely it is enough for 2weeks in Canada. At first I thought they misread my file, then I found out later from this forum that they want to see bank statement for the last 6months. Again this requirement is not stated anywhere.

I contacted them by email after my application refused because I need to know what I did wrong and need to improve, I only get generic reply.

If you said I am lazy, you are seriously mistaken. They only give bullet points and expect people to guess what important to include.

You are right, I am frustrated.

thanhlong1984

Dec 14, 2014
I would like to provide another view on this, given that my wife is approved of TRV in her 1st try.

Me2015 said:
- They ask for a current and valid passport, so I gave my new/current passport. There is no where on the checklist asking for travel history, then they reject people based on something they don't mention as a required doc/info. Do you think it is fair?
My Vietnamese wife (a very high risk country in the eyes of canadian officials) does not have any travel history, except for a very short stay in Thailand (which is quite similar to having no travel history), yet she still gets her TRV approved. So I think having an extensive travel history does help but it is not an absolute requirement. As a result, it makes sense to not have the requirement in the document checklist.

Me2015 said:
- They ask for Bank Statement, so I gave most current statement. Got rejected as insufficient fund, no explanation whatsoever.. I have more than $50,000 in saving, own a house, fulltime employed. surely it is enough for 2weeks in Canada. At first I thought they misread my file, then I found out later from this forum that they want to see bank statement for the last 6months. Again this requirement is not stated anywhere.
My wife only submitted a summary of her bank account. I did submit bank statements for 3 months, as it is required in the document checklist. I didn't submit bank statements for 6 months for my wife's case.

Me2015 said:
I contacted them by email after my application refused because I need to know what I did wrong and need to improve, I only get generic reply.
Yep, that is what happened to me when I contacted them. Happened in both cases: US embassy and Canadian embassy. I guess it's how the government operates and interestingly, governments in both countries are inefficient.

Me2015 said:
Do you think it is fair?
I can't comment on the fairness of the system, as it is useless since it gives too much power to an individual to decide your application. If you look around the forum, you would see people get rejected for a variety of reasons. If you venture to Family class sponsorship sub-forum, you would see people got pushed into waiting list for an interview because the immigration officer who previously handled the case quit and the next guy decided to interview the person instead of re-read the whole application again. Essentially, everything comes down to luck when it comes to visa application.

If your application was handled by an immigration officer who happened to be grumpy, had a bad day on that day or just had a nasty breakup. Well, I think the only course of action is to re-apply and hope that the same officer does not handle your case the second time around.

Me2015 said:
You are right, I am frustrated.
I share your frustration as I am on the same boat (but in different situation as my wife was put into a 2 year waiting list of interview :( :( ). But I would think getting frustration does not help. You are better off trying to take all the advice you can find in this forum and re-apply again. Good luck.

Me2015

Apr 14, 2015
Thanks Thanhlong1984, you are awesome :) We planned to go USA, NZ, and Canada for our honeymoon. I got USA and NZ Visa easily - they didnt ask for extra doc, everything is straight forward. So I was surprised when I got my Canada visa rejected. I am still holding my country passport, but I have been living/working, PR in other country which my husband is a citizen, he doesnt need a visa to travel to the three countries. We have good job, saving, travel alot that is why I am so upset when they reject me based on travel history, and financial proof without giving any clear explanation. I travel too much, used all the pages on my passport that is why I applied for a new passport. I had USA, NZ visa stickers on my new passport, and they still reject me, well you are right I am just unlucky.

No I dont care about Canada visa anymore, I will just go to USA and NZ. Wait till I become citizen of this country so I dont need a visa to go to Canada.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Me2015 said:
I was wondering if anyone got TRV approved 1st time they applied by following information on Canada Immi website? I find their website is very misleading.
Me.

Any questions I could have were answered by the website. Quite straightforward. Since then 6 TRVs, 3 WP, 1 SP, 1PR, 1 SPR and all from the website resources, one or two questions that I had to ask here in the forum, but more out of my insecurities than a lack of CC's website information.

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
Hello All

I am from India.I am on work permit and soon will be permanent resident of canada as I am just waiting for my passport request to get it stamp with PR.My brother is here in canada on student visa.He just came last month.I am looking to apply visitor visa for my parents.But I am confused regarding invitation letter that what would I mention there.I would really appreciate if someone can help me to write down a invitation letter for my parents.My father own his business and mother is housewife(helps my father in business too).What point should i mention in their invitation letter ? If anyone can send me their invitation letter whoever get the approval that would be really appreciated.Thanks in advance.

jEmilio

May 27, 2015
I had my TRV approved the 1st time, it was really easy; I made all the process through the cic website, ust uploaded my passport, US visa and the forms, it was approved in just a few days.