+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PR with withdrawn case(diversion) in Canada?

monty007

Jan 8, 2018
Hello folks,

Here is my scenario. Please help if you can.

I have applied for PR under EE-CEC category in March 2017. So far, medical and eligibility have been passed, Criminality is under progress and security not started.

Back in 2014, I was charged with theft under 5000 (shoplifting) in Toronto. My case was withdrew via diversion (Known as alternative measure, community service, donation etc...). It was not a conviction, just to be clear.

I am worried now because my criminality is under progress since 2.5 months and I was asked to submit court documents in June.

Am I inadmissible to Canada? Anyone has got PR with scenario like me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seniors please help. @legalfalcon @Asivad Anac @rajkamalmohanram @scylla @PMM @Leon @canuck_in_uk @jes_ON

Thanks a lot.
Can you help me please
Same thing happen yesterday

Simran9524

Mar 14, 2020
Hello folks,

Here is my scenario. Please help if you can.

I have applied for PR under EE-CEC category in March 2017. So far, medical and eligibility have been passed, Criminality is under progress and security not started.

Back in 2014, I was charged with theft under 5000 (shoplifting) in Toronto. My case was withdrew via diversion (Known as alternative measure, community service, donation etc...). It was not a conviction, just to be clear.

I am worried now because my criminality is under progress since 2.5 months and I was asked to submit court documents in June.

Am I inadmissible to Canada? Anyone has got PR with scenario like me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seniors please help. @legalfalcon @Asivad Anac @rajkamalmohanram @scylla @PMM @Leon @canuck_in_uk @jes_ON

Thanks a lot.
Hey
Have you sent only the court papers or anything else as well
Please let us know it will be really helpful
Thanks in

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Can you please give the lawyer number I really needed thank you
I had this guy help me get diversion back in 2014. He was good. https://www.torontoshopliftinglawyer.ca/
You don't really need a lawyer for this purpose, you can go to court on your date and ask for a Diversion to a Crown attorney. If you are a first time offender in ON with smaller crimes. They will give you. The lawyer does the same thing. I just realized this later.

I applied all my immigration application myself, no lawyers at all. Including PR and Citizenship applications. I suggest you do the same. There is no reason to have a lawyer unless you have extra money.