+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone got PR as a cook with NOC 6322

beebietbay

Jun 14, 2018
Hey guys,

I am to submit my application for PR. I've been working as a cook for one year. I have a question regarding Primary Occupation (the 4 digit NOC code)

If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)

My NOC code is 6322 and i don't have a qualified trade. What should I put there? Because my education is different with what I've been doing now. I never studied culinary but Logistic and end up working as a cook. Would my one year experience still counted toward the total score? Or they would reject because I don't have a qualified trade means that I am not qualified to work as a cook in Canada?

Thank you very much

Ranjeet singh gill

Jun 18, 2018
The Cec does not require any education requirement, only the job has to be in NOC 0,a,b. As per my knowledge, The cook qualified trade scene is only for those who are claiming points for trade certificate.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You haven't stated explicitly that you're already in Canada, but i'm assuming you are.

If you have 1 year of work experience in Canada you qualify as a CEC candidate.

Whatever education you can claim is solely for points which can help your CRS score.

The certificate of qualification is only a requirement for the federal trades program, and if you don't already have a job offer for a year.

Last edited:

beebietbay

Jun 14, 2018
You haven't stated explicitly that you're already in Canada, but i'm assuming you are.

If you have 1 year of work experience in Canada you qualify as a CEC candidate.

Whatever education you can claim is solely for points which can help your CRS score.

The certificate of qualification is only a requirement for the federal trades program, and if you don't already have a job offer for a year.
Yes I am already in Canada. I am now on my PGWP and working my best for the PR.

I created my profile and it direct me to CEC stream. I do understand that the certificate of qualification isn't a requirement for CEC stream, but what was I supposed to put there because there is a date I need to fill in Occupation section. Thank you very much

Ranjeet singh gill

Jun 18, 2018
Yes I am already in Canada. I am now on my PGWP and working my best for the PR.

I created my profile and it direct me to CEC stream. I do understand that the certificate of qualification isn't a requirement for CEC stream, but what was I supposed to put there because there is a date I need to fill in Occupation section. Thank you very much
As far I know that date thing is same for other noc’s as well. I am not sure but you probably waana put the day you finished your studies
Not sure ,but other can comment as well