+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got police certificate of Australia

GBMfaith

Apr 6, 2023
Hi everyone,my wife is going to sponsor me,she is Canadian. I lived in a town near Melbourne Victoria State Australia for about a year. In order to get the Australia police certificate online, I have a few questions.
1. What should I write down the reason for the police certificate?
On the IRCC website it says

• Purpose type: “Commonwealth Employment / Purpose”
  • Purpose of Check: “35 – Overseas employment/visa – for supply to a country other than Australia” So apparently I am not applying for employment purpose.

• 2. Do I need to submit my fingerprint to Australia to get the police check for immigration to Canada?

• 3. I never held a driver’s license then how do I get the letter from the roads authority to state the fact?
    Thank you in advance

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
You don't need fingerprints , you just have to go to AFP website and fill out the form and you can use your passport and any other ID in the 100 points checklist. Got mine in 2 weeks but I'm an Australian citizen so I had all the Australian IDS.

TrickyColonel

May 4, 2023
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
28-02-2022
AOR Received.
07-05-2022
Med's Request
17-06-2022
Med's Done....
27-06-2022
Passport Req..
07-06-2023
LANDED..........
31-07-2023
Hi everyone,my wife is going to sponsor me,she is Canadian. I lived in a town near Melbourne Victoria State Australia for about a year. In order to get the Australia police certificate online, I have a few questions.
1. What should I write down the reason for the police certificate?
On the IRCC website it says

• Purpose type: “Commonwealth Employment / Purpose”
  • Purpose of Check: “35 – Overseas employment/visa – for supply to a country other than Australia” So apparently I am not applying for employment purpose.

• 2. Do I need to submit my fingerprint to Australia to get the police check for immigration to Canada?

• 3. I never held a driver’s license then how do I get the letter from the roads authority to state the fact?
    Thank you in advance
You have to request Vicroads for the authority letter that states you never held a drivers license since you lived in the state of Victoria, it is a compulsory requirement for Canada in order to process your application