+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got called for an interview even though was qualified for drop box

bear joules

Sep 26, 2022
Hi, could you please let us know if you were given an in-person date by the consulate or you had to book an appointment through the portal? Also did they contact you by email? My docs were returned for more than a week now and I haven’t been contacted yet
Hey ! No they dont book any appointment date on your behalf. Your ais.visa account will automatically request you to book an appointment for your in person interview.
The day the status changed online against the DS160 #, the same day I received an email for the next step to book in person appointment. Documents came back after two days from this change day.

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
@bear joules @Crashcrosster Did you guys get dates earlier than Oct 2023? Were you able to expedite the appointment? If yes, what did you write in the request. How was the interview and what were the questions (if already done)?
Were you able to get an earlier date?
I am relocating to Canada (as a PR holder) and wanting to get my H1b stamped via dropbox but worried that I will be called in for interview and no dates are available currently till Jan 2024 :(

arjun256

Jun 21, 2018
Hi,
Any Canadian resident PR holder applied under drop box ( last stamp issued outside Canada) but got called for interview instead?

Also, in such case, how far were the interview dates you were able to get as a Canadian resident.

This question is about Canadian residents and not people who merely hold a Canadian PR and actually live in the US full time.

Trying to get an idea about how many are getting called for in person interview despite of their qualification for drop box as a Canadian resident.
I am eligible for dropbox
I did my first time stamping in Canda itself
For the extension I am eligible for dropbox but called for an interview.
I.need to schedule interview dates.
Did you get a slot?

Anil23

Jan 9, 2023
I am eligible for dropbox
I did my first time stamping in Canda itself
For the extension I am eligible for dropbox but called for an interview.
I.need to schedule interview dates.
Did you get a slot?
Are you looking into all locations? Also, could you share your visa types for first time and extension. Anything that might have changed triggering the interview call? Thank you.

arjun256

Jun 21, 2018
Are you looking into all locations? Also, could you share your visa types for first time and extension. Anything that might have changed triggering the interview call? Thank you.
I am looking in Toronto only. Same type H1B first time and now H1B extension.