+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got called for an interview even though was qualified for drop box

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hi,
Any Canadian resident PR holder applied under drop box ( last stamp issued outside Canada) but got called for interview instead?

Also, in such case, how far were the interview dates you were able to get as a Canadian resident.

This question is about Canadian residents and not people who merely hold a Canadian PR and actually live in the US full time.

Trying to get an idea about how many are getting called for in person interview despite of their qualification for drop box as a Canadian resident.

bear joules

Sep 26, 2022
Hi,
Any Canadian resident PR holder applied under drop box ( last stamp issued outside Canada) but got called for interview instead?

Also, in such case, how far were the interview dates you were able to get as a Canadian resident.

This question is about Canadian residents and not people who merely hold a Canadian PR and actually live in the US full time.

Trying to get an idea about how many are getting called for in person interview despite of their qualification for drop box as a Canadian resident.
I did this week.. however my last stamp was inside Canada itself. Current interview dates are open for October 2023.

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Oh okay. If you don't mind answering, from the time you sent your doc package, how long did they take to inform you that you need to come in-person?.

Also, did they return your doc package , or at least the passport? It will be difficult if they hold passport for almost a year I guess.

bear joules

Sep 26, 2022
I was informed in less 6 days to be precise. And the package was received 3 days later with the passport.

are you able to see a sooner appointment date ?

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
No, I have just started applying. Was trying to get an idea so that I can weigh between continuing to use AVR vs applying for stamp. Haven't seen any dates yet but Oct 2023 is what I have heard also.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
I was informed in less 6 days to be precise. And the package was received 3 days later with the passport.

Any guess what may have triggered the in-person call on your profile or you have no idea? I know at the EOD, they can do whatever they want and it could even be just random.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Any guess what may have triggered the in-person call on your profile or you have no idea? I know at the EOD, they can do whatever they want and it could even be just random.
Its totally random and depends on which officer is reviewing your case. They might not be having same pattern of calling people for interview unless if everyone shares their experience in detail here, its difficult i think to predict.

Reactions: paneka penalty

zoh7009

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018

Hi,
So, did they returned all your supporting docs as well? I797A, Paystubs offer etc.. along with passport? or just the passport?

Crashcrosster

Oct 28, 2022
Hey ! Yes, all documents were returned but the photo.
Hi, could you please let us know if you were given an in-person date by the consulate or you had to book an appointment through the portal? Also did they contact you by email? My docs were returned for more than a week now and I haven’t been contacted yet