+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got APEGS Engineer In Training Certificate

shohel112

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I applied for eng in training but they put two deficiencies.but I have already did those subjects before my bachelors degree.so how to remove these deficiencies and how to find course for those two subjects.
what are your deficiencies subjects?

prashantarane

Oct 11, 2017
NOC 2173 and 2175 are not under APEGS.
APEGS is only for engg graduates and it takes min 1 yr to get the certificate/license if you are an international engg graduate.
So does this mean that a currently working Software Engineer with 2173 NOC whose bachelors degree was in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical engineering would require to go for APEGS certification?

While those experienced 2173 NOC Software Engineers whose bachelors degree was in Computer Science (B.E./BTech/BSc/BCS/BS/etc) will have to get the ISP/AITP/ITCP from CIPS right?
This is not clear from the SINP Occupations in demand page : http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

Please help clarify.

addy_sinha

Jan 31, 2018
So does this mean that a currently working Software Engineer with 2173 NOC whose bachelors degree was in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical engineering would require to go for APEGS certification?

While those experienced 2173 NOC Software Engineers whose bachelors degree was in Computer Science (B.E./BTech/BSc/BCS/BS/etc) will have to get the ISP/AITP/ITCP from CIPS right?
This is not clear from the SINP Occupations in demand page : http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

Please help clarify.
It is clearly mentioned on the SINP website that 2173 software engineer has to apply license from APEGS. Software designers are for CIPS.

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
It is clearly mentioned on the SINP website that 2173 software engineer has to apply license from APEGS. Software designers are for CIPS.
Does that mean if we have non-CS engineering we can still go for "software engineer" but only when we get APEGS approval ?

Sorry ..if i am asking the obvious .. Everyday am learning sth new

I was under impression APEGS does just academic evaluation and if one has non-CS engineering degree then that person is out of the "software engineer" NOC even if that person had a decade experience in IT/software ...

Is there some link out there that tells the steps that one needs to follow with APEGS for evaluation of "software engineer" based on non-CS engineering degree?

prashantarane

Oct 11, 2017
Thanks for responding. I am confused because,
On the occupations in demand list page
There are 2 rows for 2173 noc
One say Apegs required and
second says ISP, itcp, aitp required.

I am a CS graduate with 16 years experience and my job role has been sw architect and designer and this job role also comes under 2173 noc, right?

I already applied for ISP from cips.
Do I have to also apply for Apegs?

Can you please clear this confusion in my case?

stranger1987

Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for responding. I am confused because,
On the occupations in demand list page
There are 2 rows for 2173 noc
One say Apegs required and
second says ISP, itcp, aitp required.

I am a CS graduate with 16 years experience and my job role has been sw architect and designer and this job role also comes under 2173 noc, right?

I already applied for ISP from cips.
Do I have to also apply for Apegs?

Can you please clear this confusion in my case?
Me too have same confusion.
I am a web developer under 2175 NOC category and have a bachelor degree with major/ specialization : Computer science and engineering which is verified and approved by WES.
I applied for licensure to CIPS through Route 1 (education plus experience). But now I am confused whether I need to go for APEGS? I asked the same query with SINP Customer support. You can check the reply:

Any time that an individual has a degree in engineering, they should go to APEGS and apply for licensure in order to be able to work in Saskatchewan.You would still have to apply through APEGS, as your education was completed as an engineer.
The SINP wants to ensure that individuals that have engineering education are going to APEGS for the verification, to meet the Canadian Engineering standards.In order for a full assessment to be made, you must submit an application to the SINP.
Kind regards,

AK - Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).

Please let me know if you had applied for APEGS? Did you get the same answer as i got?

DKinL

May 17, 2018
I am new to this thread and interested in SINP.

I am an IT professional with 5 years of experience in Front End Development ( NOC A 2175 maybe ).
My ECA is in progress.

Can someone please guide me about the licence required for SINP,
Cost and processing time,

how is the ethic exam? Is it technical or general?

I came to know about AITP, ISP and ITCP. which one would be good for me?

my IELTS is
L : 6
R : 5.5
W : 5.5
S : 6

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in Advance

My situation is similar to yours. IELTS of my is L:5.5, R:6.5, W:5.5, S:5.5. Do you have an answer whether this is eligible to apply APEGS?

Zen_1987

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Navsari
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
My situation is similar to yours. IELTS of my is L:5.5, R:6.5, W:5.5, S:5.5. Do you have an answer whether this is eligible to apply APEGS?
Reappear for IELTS. I did the same and got L 7 R 6 W 6 S 7. Overall 6.5. So the first step is to be eligible for express entry. Improve your IELTS

All the best

greatsumit

Jun 1, 2018
India
NOC Code......
Does that mean if we have non-CS engineering we can still go for "software engineer" but only when we get APEGS approval ?

Sorry ..if i am asking the obvious .. Everyday am learning sth new

I was under impression APEGS does just academic evaluation and if one has non-CS engineering degree then that person is out of the "software engineer" NOC even if that person had a decade experience in IT/software ...

Is there some link out there that tells the steps that one needs to follow with APEGS for evaluation of "software engineer" based on non-CS engineering degree?
What did you apply? I am in same situation. I have Bachelor in Electronics and Communication and have 11+ years of it experience.

virenptl30

Jan 1, 2018
Good. NOC 2173 and 2175 take only 2 months for licensing.
But NOC 2147 takes min. 1 year.
Hi,

After much findings I got one from you.

Can you please help answer my queries?

Is (NOC 2173 and 2175 take only 2 months for licensing) this through CIPS or APEGS?

I am under 2175 with B.E. IT degree and 7+ years experience.
Planning to go with APEGS but afraid of timeline.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

virenptl30

Jan 1, 2018
NOC 2173 and 2175 are not under APEGS.
APEGS is only for engg graduates and it takes min 1 yr to get the certificate/license if you are an international engg graduate.

I just applied last July 30 and they have not even started my assessment, eventhough I had already submitted all my docs.

If you have a deficiency, please read this flow chart so you have an idea of what you need to do
http://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Sites-Management/FileDownload/DataDownload/9273/EIT flowchart_Oct2014/pdf/1/1033

Hi,

You said 2175 is not under APEGS it is only for egg graduates.
So what if one is engg graduate and choose noc 2175?

Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Viren.