+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANYONE FROM RUSSIA HERE??? ЕСТЬ КТО ИЗ РОССИИ?

ana2233

Aug 13, 2020
Hey:)
Just got OPR too but confused about how to send it exactly. Did you get any separate instructions on how to submit it to VAC?
Hi, actually not, I wrote to VFS and they sent me the bunch of docs to send along with the passport. I didn't find any instructions even on their website. So better write them, they respond real quick and send all you need to fill in, also you have to pay a courier fee, and might need to pay an additional amount if you haven't given biometrics at the same office where you send the passport to.

• Love
Reactions: Shayshay_127

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
Hi, actually not, I wrote to VFS and they sent me the bunch of docs to send along with the passport. I didn't find any instructions even on their website. So better write them, they respond real quick and send all you need to fill in, also you have to pay a courier fee, and might need to pay an additional amount if you haven't given biometrics at the same office where you send the passport to.
ohhh alright. Thank you tons!!!
it's so weird to have to use a courier when I live in the same city lol
which courier did you use by the way?

ana2233

Aug 13, 2020
ohhh alright. Thank you tons!!!
it's so weird to have to use a courier when I live in the same city lol
which courier did you use by the way?
I used DIMEX, but you can take any, doesn't really matter. Also, keep in mind that they're super slow in processing - I sent passport on Oct 23 and only a few days ago they sent me a tracking number, and when I checked the status - my docs are not even in the IRCC office yet, so it may take up to a month

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
I used DIMEX, but you can take any, doesn't really matter. Also, keep in mind that they're super slow in processing - I sent passport on Oct 23 and only a few days ago they sent me a tracking number, and when I checked the status - my docs are not even in the IRCC office yet, so it may take up to a month
holy cow that's a lot of time!!
hopefully, I'll get instructions from VFS on Monday and send the docs right away.
thank you so much again! I couldn't find any info on this anywhere else. IRCC should've been a bit more specific

John_486

Jan 26, 2020
Из тех, кто подавал на учебу, кто-нибудь получил Letter of Introduction?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Из тех, кто подавал на учебу, кто-нибудь получил Letter of Introduction?
Я получила на следующий день после counterfoil

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
heyyyyyy:) just got my stamped passport back. I'm curious - what does your "place of issue" say on the counterfoil??

Reactions: ana2233

caelst

Jan 16, 2022
Good day,
I realize this is an old thread, but I wanted to give other Russians an option if they are in need.

Here is a Russian Immigration consultant that lives in Vancouver Canada. She was excellent in dealing with our applications.

https://vt-immigration.com/

Have a great year everyone!

Lolan

Dec 1, 2022
Эхх, крутая у вас тут атмосферка была.
Curious if there are any Russians that applied for Study Permits since the war started.
I hope there are some, as I feel like I'm the only one who applied for Study Permit from Russia :)
Please feel free to write your experiences with Study Permit, especially if you applied for it in 2022-23.
As for me, I applied for Study Permit on 10th March 2023, Biometrics passed on 13th March 2023 in Novosibirsk VAC. Since then I have had no updates. I hope I will get a medical request in April, as it means that chances are I will get my Study Permit eventually.
The most important thing is time, I hope to get my passport stamped no later than April, since April is the month when conscription into the army starts. I'm 17 right now and will be 18 at the end of the summer, so time is a really damn important thing to consider. Otherwise, if I don't get my passport stamped by April, I will probably flee to Serbia, I don't know, so stressful times nowadays.
Anyway, I hope everyone will get their Study Permits or any other type of visa to Canada.
Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

AlbUniStudent2020

Sep 5, 2020
Эхх, крутая у вас тут атмосферка была.
Curious if there are any Russians that applied for Study Permits since the war started.
I hope there are some, as I feel like I'm the only one who applied for Study Permit from Russia :)
Please feel free to write your experiences with Study Permit, especially if you applied for it in 2022-23.
As for me, I applied for Study Permit on 10th March 2023, Biometrics passed on 13th March 2023 in Novosibirsk VAC. Since then I have had no updates. I hope I will get a medical request in April, as it means that chances are I will get my Study Permit eventually.
The most important thing is time, I hope to get my passport stamped no later than April, since April is the month when conscription into the army starts. I'm 17 right now and will be 18 at the end of the summer, so time is a really damn important thing to consider. Otherwise, if I don't get my passport stamped by April, I will probably flee to Serbia, I don't know, so stressful times nowadays.
Anyway, I hope everyone will get their Study Permits or any other type of visa to Canada.
Thank you.
Hi! My son had the same situation, he was 17 when we applied, and we were worried that he could be drafted.
What you need to do is to send an inquiry about your student visa using this form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

In the Type of Application, choose Temporary Residence (applied online) and in the text field explain your situation and ask if they could speed up you process due to the conscription threat.

In the Enquirer field choose "Applicant" if you are not using any immigration advisor. If you have any information about conscription - you can also upload it to the form to show the proof.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Lolan

Dec 1, 2022
Hi! My son had the same situation, he was 17 when we applied, and we were worried that he could be drafted.
What you need to do is to send an inquiry about your student visa using this form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

In the Type of Application, choose Temporary Residence (applied online) and in the text field explain your situation and ask if they could speed up your process due to the conscription threat.

In the Enquirer field choose "Applicant" if you are not using any immigration advisor. If you have any information about conscription - you can also upload it to the form to show the proof.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
Hello, thank you for your answer. But I think the fact that I will tell them to process my application faster due to the conscription will be a red flag for them because they might think that I'm going to Canada not to study but to immigrate due to the conscription threat in Russia. I would surely do that, but it could have big consequences for my application. Well, maybe it's just me, and it's actually a good reason to process my application faster, but I think I'm going to talk with my immigration advisor first. Anyway, your idea is great, thank you. I hope your son's doing great in Canada:)