Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Congrats SssS!!! That's a nice birthday present!
Today I received my letter to pay the PR fee. I'm going to call cic montreal tomorrow to ask if I can go to pay the fee there in person.
Today I also had my first french class, at the immigration centre of my neighborhood and I 'm very excited!
I told them that I have also applied for the full time courses and they told me no problem. Also, concerning what I had asked before, about the financial assistance, I called MICC and they told me that there is no complication, my spouse doesn't have to refund this, but still, for some reason, the old man that picked up the phone didn't seem to me trustworthy enough !!
I 'm looking for job these days and it seems essential to speak french for the majority of jobs. I think I'm going to try some recruitment agencies, to see if they can help. One question for whoever knows: Concerning my spouse's income tax, what is he supposed to fill in for me? Is there something he must pay attention in particular? Usually before, he made it himself, but we are thinking to have it made for us, this time.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad to hear about what you learned about the reduced rate French classes. Thanks for sharing that, and please update us if you hear anything else.

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konstantinos said:
Congrats SssS!!! That's a nice birthday present!
Today I received my letter to pay the PR fee. I'm going to call cic montreal tomorrow to ask if I can go to pay the fee there in person.
Today I also had my first french class, at the immigration centre of my neighborhood and I 'm very excited!
I told them that I have also applied for the full time courses and they told me no problem. Also, concerning what I had asked before, about the financial assistance, I called MICC and they told me that there is no complication, my spouse doesn't have to refund this, but still, for some reason, the old man that picked up the phone didn't seem to me trustworthy enough !!
I 'm looking for job these days and it seems essential to speak french for the majority of jobs. I think I'm going to try some recruitment agencies, to see if they can help. One question for whoever knows: Concerning my spouse's income tax, what is he supposed to fill in for me? Is there something he must pay attention in particular? Usually before, he made it himself, but we are thinking to have it made for us, this time.
Thanks, I imagine your French is good - you write months already in French as I can see from your signature ;D. I am going to do tax too - we are in the same situation, I will use TurboTax and will see what it gives.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Lol I just remarked it!!! I guess though, that this is more a sign of confusion! ???
I went to CIC montreal yesterday, I paid the fee cash (although they say you can't at the letter) and submitted corrections because they had made spelling mistakes! Waiting for the appointment now... :) TurboTax? Thanks I will check it.

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konstantinos said:
Lol I just remarked it!!! I guess though, that this is more a sign of confusion! ???
I went to CIC montreal yesterday, I paid the fee cash (although they say you can't at the letter) and submitted corrections because they had made spelling mistakes! Waiting for the appointment now... :) TurboTax? Thanks I will check it.
That's good they let you pay. I am looking for job too now. But my problem is that I plan to go home soon so it might be difficult :). Hope you will receive the landing interview soon.

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I am officially permanent resident as of today.

The landing interview was fun packed 15 minutes. As some of you might know, I am in Montreal which seems to have different way of doing things. I got there 45 minutes before my appointment and to my surprise I got called just after 15 I was there Smiley. The lady was ''goofy'' but in a very good way - we had a lots of laugh. She just verified the details from my passport, checked CSQ and undertaking agreement, took my visitor visa and asked 2 obligatory questions (dependants and criminal record) and that was it.

However, what boggles me is that she did not put any visa in my passport and all I have is confirmation of permanent residence - which she told me is more important than citizenship papers for the retirement purposes Smiley. So, because I do not have visa in my passport and have only confirmation of permanent residence Service Canada CANNOT issue SSN number for me before I show them my PR card. So even though I am permanent resident I cannot apply for SSN and have to wait for PR card - 4 to 6 weeks. I guess they did not give my visa into my passport because I am from visa exempt country or something. I dunno if someone will hire my without SSN Shocked. Well I guess given my time-line I cannot really complain.

I hope more landing interviews are coming soon for fellow Montrealers

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
SssS said:

The landing interview was fun packed 15 minutes. As some of you might know, I am in Montreal which seems to have different way of doing things. I got there 45 minutes before my appointment and to my surprise I got called just after 15 I was there Smiley. The lady was ''goofy'' but in a very good way - we had a lots of laugh. She just verified the details from my passport, checked CSQ and undertaking agreement, took my visitor visa and asked 2 obligatory questions (dependants and criminal record) and that was it.

However, what boggles me is that she did not put any visa in my passport and all I have is confirmation of permanent residence - which she told me is more important than citizenship papers for the retirement purposes Smiley. So, because I do not have visa in my passport and have only confirmation of permanent residence Service Canada CANNOT issue SSN number for me before I show them my PR card. So even though I am permanent resident I cannot apply for SSN and have to wait for PR card - 4 to 6 weeks. I guess they did not give my visa into my passport because I am from visa exempt country or something. I dunno if someone will hire my without SSN Shocked. Well I guess given my time-line I cannot really complain.

Congratulations!!! Im from MONTREAL too but im still on the process . I got my AIP and recently submitted a police certificate , I also applied for OWP 3 wks back. I hope my papers would be ok soon. but they never request my medical yet only the POlice cert and im pretty worried about it ::) should i wait for their request for medical ? cheers to you! good luck ;)

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SssS said:

Cheeeeeeeeerssssss!!!~~~!!~~!!

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
SssS said:

Congrats!!!! I am using your timeline as I guide for mine! I hope it moves as quickly because I could be a PR by the end of summer if that is the case :).

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teriskier said:
Congrats!!!! I am using your timeline as I guide for mine! I hope it moves as quickly because I could be a PR by the end of summer if that is the case :).
Good luck, I am really surprised how quickly it was done even though CSQ step is involved.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
SssS said:
Good luck, I am really surprised how quickly it was done even though CSQ step is involved.
I am hoping to see the CSQ in the mail anyday now...it has been almost exactly 7 months since we submitted the application.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
I am hoping to see the CSQ in the mail anyday now...it has been almost exactly 7 months since we submitted the application.
Hi Teriskier,

you submitted the application in september and you are already expecting CSQ? Did they send you the letter to go on with MICC? i received the letter on the 24 th of march and i sent it to MICC right away. i will probably receive some news soon. I sent the application to Vegreville on the 2 nd of july and they received iton the 6 th of july 2010. they started processing it in september 2010

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Inlandappl said:
Hi Teriskier,

you submitted the application in september and you are already expecting CSQ? Did they send you the letter to go on with MICC? i received the letter on the 24 th of march and i sent it to MICC right away. i will probably receive some news soon. I sent the application to Vegreville on the 2 nd of july and they received iton the 6 th of july 2010. they started processing it in september 2010
No I just meant I was hoping to get the letter from CIC to apply for CSQ from QC.

L

limanoid

Hellooooo inlanders,
I feel like I'm spying on you guys as I'm a outlander! ;)

Since this seems like an active topic, I was hoping someone here could help me! here is my question: did you or your spouse have a good experience with the French courses offered by the MICC? Are they any good? If you liked your class could you either private message me or post here your school? I'm looking for one either in Montreal or nearby like Longueuil.

Right now my husband's accent is atrocious!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
A few questions that could be answered by some of you:

I heard that for people who applied inland in quebec they can get public health insurance( Regie de l assurance maladie) without the usual wait of 90 days after PR. This should apply to all nationalities even if the countries where they are from don't have a reciprocal agreement with the quebec government

I heard that the only things to present are:

CSQ (quebec selections certificate)
and a letter confirming that the application is processed in Canada

My questions are:

do you apply for the health insurance card after you got CSQ? Did you have to wait for AIP or the CSQ and the letter was sufficient? the letter confirming that the application is processed inland refers to the letter that we receive to go on with MICC or is another one?(or AIP?)
I'm a bit confused. i ask these questions because pretty soon i should receive CSQ and i would love to apply for health insurance right away. Thanks for your help!