+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone from quebec who applied inland?

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx, I will keep you updated on the progress, but they seem quite flexible - this letter received just one week after letter on decision made, so hoping for landing interview inside this month :).

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hello everyone.. i hope someone can enlightened me on this matter. I have applied for spouse sponsorship Within canada last MAY2010 and im holding a visitors visa which i applied for extension. recently i got my CSQ FEB2011 ,here in montreal where Im living with my husband. I have applied for another extension of my visitors visa since november2010 but i didnt got any reply from CIC which make me worried for my status here instead i got the CSQ . My question is:

Is CSQ enough requirement to apply for health govt insurance and french courses?

what documents I needed to work now that im holding CSQ?

what will i do now that i never got any reply from CIC about my extension of status(VISITORS VISA) which I applied last NOV 2010? is it because i dont need it anymore since I got my CSQ?

Should I wait for AIP as some others are saying and when should i expect this?

Thank you more power on this forum! any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
hello everyone.. i hope someone can enlightened me on this matter. I have applied for spouse sponsorship Within canada last MAY2010 and im holding a visitors visa which i applied for extension. recently i got my CSQ FEB2011 ,here in montreal where Im living with my husband. I have applied for another extension of my visitors visa since november2010 but i didnt got any reply from CIC which make me worried for my status here instead i got the CSQ . My question is:

Is CSQ enough requirement to apply for health govt insurance and french courses?

No - unless application was made outland, you can apply for Insurance and French courses after you receive at least AIP

what documents I needed to work now that im holding CSQ?

CSQ is useless without subsequent decisions of CIC, so you have to wait for AIP and then apply for OWP, unless you have already sent your application for OWP with your sponsorship application

what will i do now that i never got any reply from CIC about my extension of status(VISITORS VISA) which I applied last NOV 2010? is it because i dont need it anymore since I got my CSQ?

Again CSQ is useless to you. If you applied for extension within validity of your now expired visa you are ok because you are on implied status until you receive the decision from CIC.

Should I wait for AIP as some others are saying and when should i expect this?

This is the first document which will enable you to do just about anything - apply for OWP, student visa, health insurance, french course (with CSQ of course because we are in Quebec). When to expect it? No one can tell you for sure - but timeline is on the CIC website (very bottom)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Thank you more power on this forum! any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

I saw that most of your questions were answered in the other thread, but I wanted to keep our process knowledge pool in here. You should look at CSQ only as an extra step in the process, without which the process will not continue but which does not, itself alone, give you anything.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
QCSunshine said:
My understanding of the MICC French courses is that the MICC offers classes from a range of a beginner level and up to some sort of intermediate level. If one already has an extensive knowledge of French, I was told that the MICC doesn't offer classes for those already at an advanced level, who are looking to "perfect" their French. The center I found offers classes that go to a more advanced level than the MICC classes, according to the director of the center.
Hello... I took that course 32 years ago and my French is very good, then after two years I decided to perfectionate or improve it so I went to the University but it was only to write reports or university work... Right after that course I found a job in a Bank as a teller so my French was pretty good, then when registering at the University they put me in an Advanced level in order to complied with the University language requirements, these courses are very goodd in terms off cultural integration... I still remember my teachers! cheers...

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
canadiancitizen said:
Hello... I took that course 32 years ago and my French is very good, then after two years I decided to perfectionate or improve it so I went to the University but it was only to write reports or university work... Right after that course I found a job in a Bank as a teller so my French was pretty good, then when registering at the University they put me in an Advanced level in order to complied with the University language requirements, these courses are very goodd in terms off cultural integration... I still remember my teachers! cheers...
Thanks for sharing your experience with us canadiancitizen, although things will have changed after 32 years! Of course, we hope, always for the better! I do not doubt that MICC courses will be effective...
It's nice you still remember your teachers... Good teachers, real teachers or Teachers are invaluable in one's life. As Great Alexander said "To my parents I owe my being, to my teachers my well-being".

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Hi,

Finally we got the letter, saying that decision have been made and we will receive a second letter from Montreal Office. It seems they will call us for an interview. Do somebody know the process is coming.
Any who has passed the interview for sponsor in Montreal or it is just formality?
Info please

Very excited almost at the end, I hope!!

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venemex said:
Hi,

Finally we got the letter, saying that decision have been made and we will receive a second letter from Montreal Office. It seems they will call us for an interview. Do somebody know the process is coming.
Any who has passed the interview for sponsor in Montreal or it is just formality?
Info please

Very excited almost at the end, I hope!!
As I stated in other thread, after CIC i was contacted by Montreal office - actually only one week after I received decision from Vegreville about my landing interview, and to my surprise they demanded that I pay the PR fee and send them a proof in order to schedule the landing interview. I sent the proof last Monday and now just waiting :) hope it will be soon. I read somewhere else that it is only formality

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
montreal meeting!

hey im so happy to see theres more people in this thread, so i tought i was the only one in quebec under the snow and waiting for the papers! so i was just thinking if theres any more people living in the montreal area to meet for a coffe and talk about this paper stuff but also about our experiences being here and much more. So if you are interested please leave a reply and suggest a place to meet and a week of the day to see what works best for all.

thanks to the creator of the thread to give us space to do this :)

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Bonne chance tout le monde!!! GO go gooooo!!!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
My Quebec inland application timeline:

2 july 2010 I sent the application
6 july 2010 appl. received by vegreville
24 oct 2010 I sent additional info(not asked for)
9 march 2011 vegreville sends me a letter asking me to go on with the Quebec Government for immigration(this is the norm for quebec applicants but it is a good sign because it means that probably there are not many obstacles in my path hopefully)
23 march 2011 received this letter (yes it took 14 days for the letter to reach me in the east of quebec)
23 march 2011 i send the whole quebec application to the quebec government asking also for CSQ

I thought this update would be interesting for quebec applicants and for everybody to understand the timelines

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SssS said:
My e-cas got updated today

We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 16, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on March 1, 2011

Now waiting :)

Wow, that looks "faster" than usual. that means that you jumped From the sending the application directly to landing without passing for AIP? or in quebec it works differently? I ask this because i also applied inland from quebec. yesterday i received the letter to go on with MICC and i applied yesterday too(for CSQ among the other papers). any thoughts?

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
those time lines sound great! i sent mine the 31 of july so i guess i should be hearing something soon...

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it was pretty fast even to my surprise. But because the PR fee was not paid, when Montreal office sent me a letter about landing they first asked to pay and send the proof. Now I am waiting - since 14 March. So I suggest go pay the PR fee if you do not want to delay landing because other person received the same letter. I have no idea why we cannot pay this fee when landing.

Not only we have to go through MICC we cannot even pay PR fee when landing like other people.

Weird

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi Ssss,

Luckily i decided to pay my PR fee in advance, anyway your timeline sounds great compared to many others in this forum. I hope i get more or less the same lenght for mine

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Inlandappl said:
Wow, that looks "faster" than usual. that means that you jumped From the sending the application directly to landing without passing for AIP? or in quebec it works differently? I ask this because i also applied inland from quebec. yesterday i received the letter to go on with MICC and i applied yesterday too(for CSQ among the other papers). any thoughts?
I believe a decision made is within In Porccess in the first page as it happens to me, and it means that AIP stage is done when they ask you to apply for CSQ, but anyway, Congratulations your are almost done! :)