Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
QCSunshine said:
If you have the CSQ, you can take French classes at (at least some) community centers that offer Francisation courses. I applied outland, and am in Canada with my CSQ. Because of the CSQ, I was able to enroll in francisation courses at the (very) reduced rate (mine are $40 for 10 weeks of class.) So, maybe google "francisation" and your town name, and maybe you can find some local centers that offer the classes with only a CSQ? I hope you can find something!
Thanks QCSunshine, I googled it and I found these usefull links http://www.accc.ca/english/services/i-services/lef.htm and http://www.csdm.qc.ca/EducationAdultes/Programmes/FrancaisLangueSeconde.aspx that redirect to schools,community centers and colleges that offer francisation courses. I contacted one close to my area to see if one can apply there having only the CSQ, and they replied yes if "you have a CSQ R8 OR RA", but I 'm not sure what this R8 or RA is.Do you have an idea? Let me ask you sth, at what stage of "waiting" do outland applicants get their CSQ? I'm not asking for me but for people that haven't applied yet and want to choose inland or outland. I mean, I m waiting 10 months now, without having any right at least to study french to help myself, and hopefully now with the CSQ I will be able to. I wish all this time I would have been able to take classes. After how much time does an outland applicant get the CSQ and so is able to take classes? Thank you, I wish you the best of luck.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
SssS said:
My e-cas got updated today

We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 16, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on March 1, 2011

Now waiting :)
Congratulations! It seems like good news!
No news for me though: I called the call centre and the agent told me that if I don't receive a letter within the next month, I should call them again... :'( My e-cas is still in progress... C'est plate!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konstantinos, I am glad you found some possibilities for classes. I don't know what the R8 or RA is either. I googled those terms and found a manual on the CSQ, and there are lots of Federal codes with similar numbers, but I couldn't find exactly those. Maybe you could call again and ask what those codes refer to? Or go there in person to show them your CSQ and see if it is what they need? My school said nothing about those codes. I just showed them my CSQ, and that was all they needed to see.

I submitted my outland application at the beginning of October and received my CSQ in mid-December. Of course, I can neither work or have RAMQ until I get PR, but the CSQ did let me take those classes.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!
I am quite young (20) and my status is International Student. I have been following this website for a while now, and I am really thankful because it helped me understand the nature of the whole immigration process.
I applied inland in the province of Quebec, so as you may know, Quebec residents receive a letter (generally a month before getting AIP) telling you to continue with the MICC.
I sent my application to the MICC on the 8th of February and I called yesterday to know the status of it (I couldn't take it anymore haha). The guy told me my application was approved and that I should receive my CSQ next week.

My questions are: 1. When do you think I might get an answer from CIC after they receive the CSQ and the approval from the MICC?
2. I read that with the CSQ it is possible to get the provincial Health Insurance plan. How does it work exactly?

(Apparently it is not possible before AIP...)
3. How do you know CIC is processing applications 9 days ahead of the date shown on the website?

PS: They received my application May 27th, 2010 (Vegreville) and I applied for an OWP too.

Thanks for your help!

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, today I received the AIP, and it says that the processing of my application has been completed and I will be contacted by local CIC office in Montreal concerning my permanent resident status. I hope it means that they will just schedule the landing interview :eek:

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
SssS said:
So, today I received the AIP, and it says that the processing of my application has been completed and I will be contacted by local CIC office in Montreal concerning my permanent resident status. I hope it means that they will just schedule the landing interview :eek:
Congratulations! It seems it will be for the landing... Please keep posting about the rest of your application's progress. It's usefull for me to know since our application's timelines are so close.
I called CIC today but the answer I got is that my application is still in progress and that quebec applications take longer due to CSQ...
Of course that is sth general. I guess that since every case is unique and paricular, each one has its own timeline. But I just WISH it's not going to take much longer for me, this is getting so tedious..

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you,

I will keep you updated. Judging from our timeline, I get the impression that your CSQ was issued about week after mine so I'd say you are pretty close on the CIC side. My E-cas changed last Wednesday, so keep the hopes up.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Thanks for encouraging :)
The truth is I delivered myself the app for CSQ to MICC, but 3 days after I received the letter from CIC so I guess that explains why my CSQ was issued one week later :-[ It's nice you remarked it.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my CSQ!
I know its not AIP but its still one step closer. Now I guess i just have to wait for CIC's answer. when do you think ill get something?
should I fax my CSQ just in case?

:)

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not send the fax and all went well. I guess it cannot hurt, but I opted not to mess with the process :)

So today I went to get the Health Insurance - three months delay so it will start June 1. Somewhere I read that it is instantly if you do Inland - but I think instant coverage is only when Quebec has an agreement with other country like France, Portugal - list of them is on their website.

On a French note - I went to show my AIP, so I will get to a free course. I was told that full time are managed by MICC - you do online application and all that, but if you want to do part time you should contact the list of participating institutes. What I will probably do, I will sign up at the University of Montreal for real French course which will finish with a certificate - I think the fee is like 300 for a semester which is reasonable.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
SssS thanks for the info. I looked for that list of countries, this is the link if someone wants to look http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/choose-quebec/daily-life/health/index.html.
Why did you say "real french course"? Do you suspect or know that the courses managed by MICC are not good enough?

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding of the MICC French courses is that the MICC offers classes from a range of a beginner level and up to some sort of intermediate level. If one already has an extensive knowledge of French, I was told that the MICC doesn't offer classes for those already at an advanced level, who are looking to "perfect" their French. The center I found offers classes that go to a more advanced level than the MICC classes, according to the director of the center.

As far as Francisation courses go, I think they are roughly the same whether one takes them at a university or a community center that offers a program of Francisation courses. And I am told there is a test at the end of each session, and if you pass, you have credit for passing whatever level of Francisation you took. Some work places, cegeps, or universites might require certification of Francisation level before considering applications. A friend of mine (who is immigrant who has learned French since arriving here) was asked to provide that to enter some sort of professional certification program. She started in a university Francisation system and took all three of the levels they offered there, then proceeded to the most advanced level at my school.

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No no, I do not have any experience with MICC courses.

By real I meant ones that finish with some sort of a certificate that will prove level of French, should anyone ask for it in the future. And I also understand that it is MICC who will decide where you will take the course, so if the place near you is full, you will have to go where they have a free place. In addition it is a full-time course so I do not know how flexible it will be if I work or study. Well, since its free I will take it and see - maybe it will work just fine :)

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I received letter from CIC Montreal about my landing interview. It says that because to date I have not paid my fee of $ 490 they cannot schedule my appointment and it will be scheduled once they received the confirmation of payment. Apparently it is not possible to pay this fee at the landing interview here in Montreal.

Nevertheless, they included payment sheet for the bank so it will be easily sorted. They also included printed record of confirmation of permanent residence for me to verify the accurateness of the data. I guess I am not far of the landing :)

So I guess it is best to pay the fee right after decision is made. But honestly I have no idea who to pay as the decision said not to Vegreville so my fellow Quebeckers check this to avoid the delay if the landing is pressing you.

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
Not to Vegreville? Now that's confusing... but I'm still so far from that part of the process I won't even begin stressing :D

Congratulations, SssS! Let us know how the landing interview went :)