Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2010
Hi Venemex,

I have applied from inland (Montreal)too. I applied in October, 2009 and in June I've got a letter that I could apply to Quebec office.
Then, the first stage was done in the mid of August.
Alberta office asked for the police certificate and I have sent that in the beginning of September. Until now, I haven't got any answer.
I also have been told that there is no time line for the second stage.
Everyone thought our case would be so straight forward. After all, we've married for 10 years and have children together. We just didn't live in Canada after we got married. Hence, we are applying now.
Thinking of applying for the open work permit.

HTH.

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Hi Kaismun,

How long did Quebec took to issue to you CSQ? you said middle August, so did Quebec took 1 month or 1,5 months?
I applied for the open work permit when I sent the application for the resident in January 2010. And they told me they will issue the work permit once they received the CSQ approved?
Can I asked you were r u from?
We submit police certificates from his country and medical exams at the same time we sent the application in January? I think they do by themselve the polices certificates from Canada? whih police certificates did they asked you?
Also in your sponsorship are you asking for your babies as well?
We have a baby too but she is just a newborn and she is from here, which means that we applied only for my husband is the same in your case?
I called to Canada Immigration and they mentioned to me they have started to verify his criminal record and his background even when we were still in the first stage because I ask in the application to continue te process even if I wasn't approve as sponsor which means they do not return any fee. As per their coment they start to verify his file since anyway the case was not going to be withdraw, is the same in your case?
If you have any news about your case let me know, I really want to go back home on my maternity leave and we can't because he can't leave the country. Do you know if there is anyway to get out of the country if we applied inland?
I asked about it and they told me it's not really recommended :(

Thanks for your reply

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
jordana said:
Hello Konstantinos:

I applied inland QUébec too and I received my CSQ on July 7th.

I wonder how long will it take until de AIP. Did you finally got any information?

Konstantinos, Jordana,
What AIP stand for?
I applied from quebec too and I am just started the proces with MICC for the CSQ? I also applied for OWP when I applied in January for PR?
Any current timeline?

Thanks

Disabel

Oct 8, 2010
Im about to send my application. Im writing the letters explaining our relationship, what kind of info should be included ? Does some one know what happens whne the sponsor is a student and gets bourseries from the university? does it affect it?
thanks

kaismum

Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2010
Wow Venemex!
That is a lot of questions;)
Let me go through them one by one.

How long did Quebec took to issue to you CSQ? you said middle August, so did Quebec took 1 month or 1,5 months?

It took 2 month. I think it took longer because of the summer holiday, though.

I applied for the open work permit when I sent the application for the resident in January 2010. And they told me they will issue the work permit once they received the CSQ approved?

I haven't applied for the open work permit. I am going to do it now since the whole process is taking longer than I anticipated. I was told (from this forum) that it would take about 20 days.

Can I asked you were r u from? UK, where are you from

We submit police certificates from his country and medical exams at the same time we sent the application in January? I think they do by themselve the polices certificates from Canada? whih police certificates did they asked you?

For UK citizens, they don't ask for it from the beginning. When the first stage was over, they asked for it. I wish I knew it earlier, though, so I could have saved some time.

Also in your sponsorship are you asking for your babies as well? Nope, they are all canadians.

We have a baby too but she is just a newborn and she is from here, which means that we applied only for my husband is the same in your case? Only for me (wife) ;)

I called to Canada Immigration and they mentioned to me they have started to verify his criminal record and his background even when we were still in the first stage because I ask in the application to continue te process even if I wasn't approve as sponsor which means they do not return any fee. As per their coment they start to verify his file since anyway the case was not going to be withdraw, is the same in your case? I don't know about this. Probably not.

If you have any news about your case let me know, I really want to go back home on my maternity leave and we can't because he can't leave the country. Do you know if there is anyway to get out of the country if we applied inland?

I asked about it and they told me it's not really recommended :(

If you really want to go, you should go without your husband. I really don't think it is a good idea for him to leave the country. I have dealt with immigration at the border many, many times and it is not pretty.

Thanks for your reply

HTH

kaismum

Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2010
Hi,

I have correction to make...

I got my CSQ in two weeks not two months (Mid June). Then, I got the answer from the CIC on the 5th of August. It took me another month to get the Police certificate and then sent it at the beginning of Sept.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Just wondering if anyone has an updated timeline. My partner sponsored me in September, so I know we still have a long way to go. But we are just trying to get a handle on how long it will take including sending the appropriate paperwork to MICC. Currently CIC says 8-9 months although I know may application was opened in early Nov. so hopefully things will get a little faster in the New Year.

Thanks for the help :)

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Teriskier said:
Just wondering if anyone has an updated timeline.
wops, sorry I didn't check this topic for a long time. Well, below is my updated timeline.
info for inlanders-quebecers : I called RAMQ to see if the CSQ (Quebec selection cetificate) is enough to apply for RAMQ health insurance, answer was no, approval in principle or work permit or PR is needed with the CSQ.
Question: Is it possible to start a MICC French course at this stage or AIP/OWP is also needed? Does sb know by experience?
At the phone at MICC they told me to check the website, at the site they say that to start a course your status must be one of the following:
* you are a permanent resident
* you are authorized to apply for permanent residence on-site in Canada
* you hold a temporary stay permit issued with a view to the eventual granting of permanent residence (code 17, 27, 37, 86 to 95 on the permit)
* you have obtained asylum (recognized as a refugee)
* you are seeking asylum
* you are a naturalized Canadian citizen
* you are a temporary worker and you hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate)
* you are a foreign student and you hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate)

you are the spouse of a temporary worker or a foreign students who holds a Québec selection certificate (CSQ).

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
I guess outland, you only need a CSQ to start the french classes, and they will reimburse you if you study in a place where it is sponsored by Quebec : Alliance française...

My wife is studying there since she got her CSQ but we are waiting for the PR....from Bogota...it's too long :(

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konstantinos said:
wops, sorry I didn't check this topic for a long time. Well, below is my updated timeline.
info for inlanders-quebecers : I called RAMQ to see if the CSQ (Quebec selection cetificate) is enough to apply for RAMQ health insurance, answer was no, approval in principle or work permit or PR is needed with the CSQ.
Question: Is it possible to start a MICC French course at this stage or AIP/OWP is also needed? Does sb know by experience?
At the phone at MICC they told me to check the website, at the site they say that to start a course your status must be one of the following:
* you are a permanent resident
* you are authorized to apply for permanent residence on-site in Canada
* you hold a temporary stay permit issued with a view to the eventual granting of permanent residence (code 17, 27, 37, 86 to 95 on the permit)
* you have obtained asylum (recognized as a refugee)
* you are seeking asylum
* you are a naturalized Canadian citizen
* you are a temporary worker and you hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate)
* you are a foreign student and you hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate)

you are the spouse of a temporary worker or a foreign students who holds a Québec selection certificate (CSQ).
Hi,

we have pretty much the same timeline - my app was received 6 May, letter to proceed with MICC received January 24, CSQ received February 17 and now I am waiting what will happen :). I can confirm that Medical insurance is not possible at this stage - the lady even showed me the sample letters from Vegreville they accept and I suspect the French lessons will be the same. Nevertheless, I applied for French courses through MICC website so I will see what response I get :).

I just hope that even with MICC step involved the Vegreville will keep the timeline.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
SssS said:
Nevertheless, I applied for French courses through MICC website so I will see what response I get :).
SssS did you fill in the application for admission to a full time french course at this link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/full-time/admission.html ? If yes, on the first page that you have to select your status what did you select? Our timelines are indeed similar, I hope we will be hearing from CIC soon, I guess it's the Quebec thing that delays it a bit more, since I ve read somewhere on the forum another case of the same timeline as mine that has already received AIP.
Medellinguy did your wife fill in the same online application above?

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
I just called MICC and they told me that I need approval in principle to apply for french courses. The last time I called they gave me the site address and they told me that all the info and and the answers are in there! Like 10 months ago, when I applied, they had told me that when I will have the CSQ I will be able to take courses! ???

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes,

that is the link. I selected an option - you are authorized to apply for permanent residence on-site in Canada, which I believe I am - and I strongly believe that both letter from vegreville and CSQ attests to it. But I expect the situation to be the same as with medical coverage.

Nevertheless, I completed online application and sent the visitor record - as requested as one of the documents after completion of the application. I do not know how far it will get me, but it does not cost anything and in the worst case scenario they will just keep my file open until I hear from Vegreville.

The guide for Quebec is badly written and implies that once you have CSQ you could apply for medical coverage and french courses - which apparently is not the case :(. Well lets hope it will be soon

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have the CSQ, you can take French classes at (at least some) community centers that offer Francisation courses. I applied outland, and am in Canada with my CSQ. Because of the CSQ, I was able to enroll in francisation courses at the (very) reduced rate (mine are $40 for 10 weeks of class.) So, maybe google "francisation" and your town name, and maybe you can find some local centers that offer the classes with only a CSQ? I hope you can find something!

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My e-cas got updated today

We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 16, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on March 1, 2011

Now waiting :)