+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

SKC_Montreal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Another 2020 applicant scheduled for the oath in the Montreal office on Nov 9
Congratulations Bro. However, my friend in Edmonton done with the Oath 2 months ago and he hasn't got his citizenship certificate. Better prepare well in advance for all upcoming process. I would recommend telling your travelling plans to citizenship officer after your Oath. So that, she can mail your certificate earlier.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Congratulations Bro. However, my friend in Edmonton done with the Oath 2 months ago and he hasn't got his citizenship certificate. Better prepare well in advance for all upcoming process. I would recommend telling your travelling plans to citizenship officer after your Oath. So that, she can mail your certificate earlier.
I am just collecting when others report receiving their oath. I am still waiting for my oath. But 2 month with no certificate for your friend is not normal. They must contact IRCC. It maybe lost in the mail.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Based on your hypothesis, I will receive my oath end of Q1 2022 for God knows when!! It would be 28 months since I submitted my application, and I wouldn't be finished yet :eek: :eek: :eek:
I feel you. My background check expires in April of next year. This is unconscionable if this is how these are getting prioritized; my blood is boiling just thinking that my application will have essentially been "stuck" in Oath for almost a year by that point.

Reactions: Orgcom and CaBeaver

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Yes, this is what I think. They don’t care when you submitted your application. What they care about is when your background check is expiring (if the rest is fine). That’s why the later applicants are moving faster than the 2019 ones. Our second (the first one expired when they were relaxing at home) BG check was run in 2021 what brings its expiry date to 2022, what eventually makes our applications of low priority in terms of oath invitation…

My notes say that my paper file was transferred to the online ceremony room in July 2021 and was not touched ever since. A lot of other applicants receive oath invitation in a short while after DM. You think they are slowing down my file on purpose? No, my BG check is expiring April 2022, that’s why…
Sounds like we may be in the same ceremony, then.. :/

Reactions: Orgcom

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I feel you. My background check expires in April of next year. This is unconscionable if this is how these are getting prioritized; my blood is boiling just thinking that my application will have essentially been "stuck" in Oath for almost a year by that point.
Yes, I think this is how it is.
At the same time, I believe they should have a max allowed time after DM. So from my feeling, currently we have a "before the BG expiration date but no longer than 6 months after DM" frame. Let's see If I'm mistaken...

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Yes, I think this is how it is.
At the same time, I believe they should have a max allowed time after DM. So from my feeling, currently we have a "before the BG expiration date but no longer than 6 months after DM" frame. Let's see If I'm mistaken...
If that's the case, then 6 months post-DM puts me squarely at end of January (DM on July 23rd.) I'll take that over April of next year, but still.. I'd prefer this month (as probably anyone would)

EDIT: What makes you think they have a 6 month window post-DM? (I feel like I could almost be an immigration lawyer at this point, lol)

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
EDIT: What makes you think they have a 6-month window post-DM? (I feel like I could almost be an immigration lawyer at this point, lol)
This assumption is based on the fact that a lot of guys on the forum recently reported that the IRCC agents on the phone say that the current oath waiting time is 3-6 months after DM. Additionally, If there was only a "before BG expiration date" frame, they would schedule you already for an oath in March or April 2022 as they did for engage user (BTW his/her oath is scheduled 6 months after DM and before the BG expiration date).

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
This assumption is based on the fact that a lot of guys on the forum recently reported that the IRCC agents on the phone say that the current oath waiting time is 3-6 months after DM. Additionally, If there was only a "before BG expiration date" frame, they would schedule you already for an oath in March or April 2022 as they did for engage user (BTW his/her oath is scheduled 6 months after DM and before the BG expiration date).
Wow, some solid knowledge there getting dropped - thanks!

Reactions: Orgcom

dustinbee66

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
If that's the case, then 6 months post-DM puts me squarely at end of January (DM on July 23rd.) I'll take that over April of next year, but still.. I'd prefer this month (as probably anyone would)

EDIT: What makes you think they have a 6 month window post-DM? (I feel like I could almost be an immigration lawyer at this point, lol)
They received our application in 15th January 2020, DM 29th April 2021 ,6 months passed already still no invitation,criminality and CIT RCMP screening were expired in 08/09/2021 .we are really frustrating.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
They received our application in 15th January 2020, DM 29th April 2021 ,6 months passed already still no invitation,criminality and CIT RCMP screening were expired in 08/09/2021 .we are really frustrating.
According to the notes, is it first or second criminality screening?

If everything is how you reported here, then IRCC is in complete chaos...

Reactions: dustinbee66