NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I applied in early July 2020.
Application was received on July 7th.
Got AOR on December 22, 2020.
“In Process” on Feb 23, 2021.
Test was done on July 1, 2021.
DM on July 5, 2021.

I remember your timeline was several days before mine.

According to Orgcom, I guess I’ll receive oath invitation before Feb 23, 2022. You very likely will get oath before me.

Thanks. We are week apart.

@Orgcom, I checked my tracker for " Background verification activity status updated on March 12,2021. Does that means i will get Oath invitation in Feb 2022?

Please let me know

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
With IRCC there is no formula. It's mere randomness.
Indeed. They probable have a ruffle drum where they put pieces of paper with DM candidates on them… They do drawings at lunch time every week. The new names are constantly added… the last assumption explains why some lucky applicants are pulled 2 month after DM, while others are forgotten inside the drum for 7 months…

• Haha
Reactions: chs

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks. We are week apart.

@Orgcom, I checked my tracker for " Background verification activity status updated on March 12,2021. Does that means i will get Oath invitation in Feb 2022?

Please let me know
No, it looks like it doesn’t mean anything anymore, sorry… :(

dustinbee66

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
According to the notes, is it first or second criminality screening?

If everything is how you reported here, then IRCC is in complete chaos...
I double checked my GCMS, I think it’s the first screening,because updated Date:2020/09/08 Validity date:2021/09/08,both criminality clearance and RCMP screening are the same day,normally they should send us invitation beofre expiration date,plus,our background are quite simple,both of us,no travel foreign countries history among 5 years,both of our kids were born in Canada, I really don’t understand why we are waiting more than 6 months after DM.by the way,between online test and DM,there’s no interview.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I double checked my GCMS, I think it’s the first screening,because updated Date:2020/09/08 Validity date:2021/09/08,both criminality clearance and RCMP screening are the same day,normally they should send us invitation beofre expiration date,plus,our background are quite simple,both of us,no travel foreign countries history among 5 years,both of our kids were born in Canada, I really don’t understand why we are waiting more than 6 months after DM.by the way,between online test and DM,there’s no interview.
No one knows how they operate. Someone whose DM was on Sept 1st 2021 scheduled to take the oath on Nov 9th, 2021. Their DM was after mine (and they submitted their application after mine) and yours :confused:

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Yes, for some reason the simplier the case the more one has to wait for an oath... I and chs user had no interview, no FP or passport pages requests. DM was soon after the test. Waiting for more than 3 months after DM already...

Last edited:
Reactions: chs

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes, for some reason the simplier the case the more one has to wait for an oath... I and chs user had now interview, no FP or passport pages requests. DM was soon after the test. Waiting for more than 3 months after DM already...
:confused: IRCC should be living in a parallel universe where common sense means nothing

Reactions: chs and dustinbee66

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Yes, for some reason the simplier the case the more one has to wait for an oath... I and chs user had now interview, no FP or passport pages requests. DM was soon after the test. Waiting for more than 3 months after DM already...
My situation is the same as you two, no interview, no fingerprints, no passport scan request, because no travel history for 5 years. I got DM almost immediately after test. The system updated all 5 parts to completed on the day update my test result.

I was thinking, for us who have waited for several months after DM, are we allowed to apply for a 2nd time?
I saw some 2021 applicants who are not urgent processing received oath invitation even without DM. I cannot think of anything but to apply again :(

Reactions: CaBeaver

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
My situation is the same as you two, no interview, no fingerprints, no passport scan request, because no travel history for 5 years. I got DM almost immediately after test. The system updated all 5 parts to completed on the day update my test result.

I was thinking, for us who have waited for several months after DM, are we allowed to apply for a 2nd time?
I saw some 2021 applicants who are not urgent processing received oath invitation even without DM. I cannot think of anything but to apply again :(
I am in same boat as you friends . Can't understand mysteries behing all this. I was amazed when i got the status updated about everything got completed without asking for Biometrics, PP and so on...

Really disappointing.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
I
I am in same boat as you friends . Can't understand mysteries behing all this. I was amazed when i got the status updated about everything got completed without asking for Biometrics, PP and so on...

Really disappointing.
[/QUOTE
I think this is where a handoff with local office comes in. Again this all speculation but have you tried ordering GCMS notes to confirm effete things stand,? When was decision made & when was your test complete?

i had nothing to do with Montreal and even though I’m based of Toronto with SCR as my office, my file is stuck with these Montreal bandicoots.

We’re screwed.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Applying again after DM seems a waste of the time you spent in the first application. Just be a little more patient. I hope all of us get the oath invite before the end of this year.

Reactions: happysheep

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Applying again after DM seems a waste of the time you spent in the first application. Just be a little more patient. I hope all of us get the oath invite before the end of this year.
Thank you very much for comforting me! Oath invitation would be a good present for us all lol :)

Reactions: CaBeaver

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
I think this is where a handoff with local office comes in. Again this all speculation but have you tried ordering GCMS notes to confirm effete things stand,? When was decision made & when was your test complete?

i had nothing to do with Montreal and even though I’m based of Toronto with SCR as my office, my file is stuck with these Montreal bandicoots.

We’re screwed.

Reactions: Orgcom