+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Its' happening guys! Nov 19!!! :)

chs
, get ready! You completed your test ~ a week before me, my DM was 2 weeks before you... ;)
WHOA, that's great! I checked this morning - no movement, yet.. Congrats, regardless! I stand at the ready for mine, lol (you hear me, IRCC Gods?!? :p)

Reactions: Orgcom

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
So, a bit of an offbeat question (My cursory searching didn't turn up any obvious answers) - I'm planning on going to New York for New Year's Eve. If I get my Oath around the same time as OrgCom's (i.e. - this month) and have to cut up my PR card, would I be able to officially re-enter Canada on my US passport, or will they give me grief at the border for not having my PR Card/Canadian passport? I can't imagine they'd turn me around (I'd be entering by car), but you never know.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So, a bit of an offbeat question (My cursory searching didn't turn up any obvious answers) - I'm planning on going to New York for New Year's Eve. If I get my Oath around the same time as OrgCom's (i.e. - this month) and have to cut up my PR card, would I be able to officially re-enter Canada on my US passport, or will they give me grief at the border for not having my PR Card/Canadian passport? I can't imagine they'd turn me around (I'd be entering by car), but you never know.
If you get your certificate before you leave, you maybe able to enter by land. Others can confirm this

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
If you get your certificate before you leave, you maybe able to enter by land. Others can confirm this
Yeah, I couldn't quite figure it out. I think I can ask for an expedited certificate (I believe I read somewhere on here about "Same day pickup" in certain cases), which may be able to help. Back to the search function; thank you! :)

Reactions: CaBeaver

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Guys, maybe people are right about poking IRCC in some way. Last Friday I changed my address on eCAS. I also sent a message to the Citizenship department concerning my new address. The address was updated on eCAS two days ago. Oath update today... :)

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Guys, maybe people are right about poking IRCC in some way. Last Friday I changed my address on eCAS. I also sent a message to the Citizenship department concerning my new address. The address was updated on eCAS two days ago. Oath update today... :)
So how did you find out, was it the IRCC portal? I did request my GCMS notes a couple of weeks ago; I'm hoping that kickstarts some activity..

EDIT: Also, what email address did you send your inquiry to?

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Reactions: chs

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Congratulations! Now you can say Goodbye to IRCC :)
CIC website said they’ve completed 80% of applications between July 28 and August 3, 2019 so it’s true they are moving forward୧(๑•̀⌄•́๑)૭
May I ask how long you’ve been waiting after DM until today you got oath? Thanks!

Reactions: Orgcom

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Congratulations! Now you can say Goodbye to IRCC :)
CIC website said they’ve completed 80% of applications between July 28 and August 3, 2019 so it’s true they are moving forward୧(๑•̀⌄•́๑)૭
May I ask how long you’ve been waiting after DM until today you got oath? Thanks!
Hi, where did you see the "80%" number? Could you kindly post the URL, please? I see the dates, but wasn't aware of the actual percentage complete. Thank you!

Last edited: