+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Did you leave Canada for more than 6 months after you
Trust me, interview, FP, or passport pages requests have nothing to do with the person living for 6 months or longer outside Canada after applying for citizenship as long as you meet RO...

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Trust me, interview, FP, or passport pages requests have nothing to do with the person living for 6 months or longer outside Canada after applying for citizenship as long as you meet RO...
But it does raise a flag. They want to see how much close you are to Canada .

gen_z

May 23, 2018
My wife and I are Montreal applicants. I applied in October 2019, did my test on April 16th, the test status changed to complete on April 21st, and nothing since then. On the other hand, my wife is July 2019 applicant, she did her test on May 26, status changed to complete on June 3rd, and nothing after.
Hi,

Hi, same here...I've completed my test in March, and heard nothing since, not even a DM...:(

I'm starting to get a little anxious...have you received your DM?

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else is in my situation.

I completed the test in March, didn't get an interview. It's been silent since, I haven't even received a DM...is there anyone else in a similar situation?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else is in my situation.

I completed the test in March, didn't get an interview. It's been silent since, I haven't even received a DM...is there anyone else in a similar situation?
Have you ever done fingerprints? Is your background check completed?

Reactions: gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Have you ever done fingerprints? Is your background check completed?
Thanks for replying :)

They never asked me for fingerprints, my background check was completed in Jan. I didn't even get an interview, but when I called IRCC, they said not everyone gets an interview...

I really don't know what is going on, I feel like my file just got lost somewhere :(

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for replying :)

They never asked me for fingerprints, my background check was completed in Jan. I didn't even get an interview, but when I called IRCC, they said not everyone gets an interview...

I really don't know what is going on, I feel like my file just got lost somewhere :(
Send them a web form explaining that it's been a while since the last update. Many reported that something happens after they send a webform or request notes. When did you apply?

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Send them a web form explaining that it's been a while since the last update. Many reported that something happens after they send a webform or request notes. When did you apply?
Thanks a lot, that sounds very promising, I'm going to try that...I honestly feel that they just forgot it somewhere...because I did remember the agent I spoke to on the phone said that my file looked like it was being processed both at the federal location as well as the montreal location. I asked her what she meant, and she said they the federal office processes a part of it and the montreal office process the other part...maybe the monteal office never picked it up or something. But speculations probably don't help much, I should just send them a webform inquiry.

I guess in the webform, I should just ask them if they have an update or if they know why this is taking so long?

Many thanks again, I do feel quite a bit better now (knowing that there is something I could do about the situation).

Reactions: CaBeaver

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Oh, I forgot to mention, I applied in March 2020, and I completed my test in March 2021, and haven't heard anything since, no DM either..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Oh, I forgot to mention, I applied in March 2020, and I completed my test in March 2021, and haven't heard anything since, no DM either..
I think you have a good reason why you are contacting them: your file has been more than 12 months in process. They may say covid-19 has affected this processing time, but no harm in trying.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I think you have a good reason why you are contacting them: your file has been more than 12 months in process. They may say covid-19 has affected this processing time, but no harm in trying.
Thanks a lot, sure, I will check with them anyway, it's been 6 months since I've completed my test as well.

I really feel like much of this process could be automated...I really don't see why they are taking so long for something as simple as this..I've been studying/ working full-time for the past 5 years, they could easily verify my physical presence and my language skills...sorry for the compliant, it's just been a long process, hopefully I will hear something back after contacting them. Do you have a rough estimate for how long it might take for them to reply? Thanks so much again, it's very reassuring to see your reply :)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks a lot, sure, I will check with them anyway, it's been 6 months since I've completed my test as well.

I really feel like much of this process could be automated...I really don't see why they are taking so long for something as simple as this..I've been studying/ working full-time for the past 5 years, they could easily verify my physical presence and my language skills...sorry for the compliant, it's just been a long process, hopefully I will hear something back after contacting them. Do you have a rough estimate for how long it might take for them to reply? Thanks so much again, it's very reassuring to see your reply :)
They say it takes 5 business days, but in reality it ranges between a week and a month I believe. Sometimes, they may not reply. But it doesn't matter. Just send them and hopefully your message makes them make an update. If not, you would have done what you can.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I had my oath ceremony yesterday. It's done! It was a long process but it's finally over (well, still have to wait for the certificate, but still...)

There were about 30 people (or families) in the ceremony with us and it took a little under 2 hours. You need to stay online while they go through the process with each individual. They ask you to stay on for the duration.

I know two people scheduled for next week as well, so it will be interesting to know if those will have roughly the same number of people. But your time will also come.

Thanks for all the support over the (wow) years now and here's wishing this miserable process will come to an end for you all soon enough. Cheers!

Reactions: chs