+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Guys do you think the language of correspondence english or french have something to do with oath invitation, maybe who choose french language get the oath faster than English applicants!! not sure, i passed test July 30th 2021, sent them the passport pages copies on Aug 24th 2021 and that's it after that silent radio,anyone can expect a DM is it after two months? three? i am a Dec 2020 applicant i was hoping to finish this before end of this year, what a horrible way to treat people after paying them 630$. and some other paid more too, i called them last week the lady answered after 30 min transferred to me to another lady and the other lady said oh sorry i do not answers calls from client and transferred me to another agent he said now we cannot access application and we only focusing on Afghanistan priority :( :( like there is people waiting before this Afghanistan humanitarian crisis and there was covid too. very sad and horrible way to treat people who wants to become Canadian, and nowadays Oaths should be faster as it is done remotely.

• Sad
Reactions: luvtrump

FrenchToast

Sep 6, 2021
Guys do you think the language of correspondence english or french have something to do with oath invitation, maybe who choose french language get the oath faster than English applicants!!
I applied in french, passed the test April 8th and I'm still waiting for the oath. And I know at least 3 other french applicants that have a timeline roughly equivalent to mine.

TBH, with the data that we have, it's impossible to draw any conclusion. And unfortunately, when we're getting frustrated, we have a tendency to "see" pattern to explain our situation, but it's most of the time wrong interpretation of the data because of our clouded judgment.

I empathize with your frustration and I just hope that we will all have our oath sooner than later whatever our background.

Reactions: chs and yaacoub89

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Guys do you think the language of correspondence english or french have something to do with oath invitation, maybe who choose french language get the oath faster than English applicants!! not sure, i passed test July 30th 2021, sent them the passport pages copies on Aug 24th 2021 and that's it after that silent radio,anyone can expect a DM is it after two months? three? i am a Dec 2020 applicant i was hoping to finish this before end of this year, what a horrible way to treat people after paying them 630$. and some other paid more too, i called them last week the lady answered after 30 min transferred to me to another lady and the other lady said oh sorry i do not answers calls from client and transferred me to another agent he said now we cannot access application and we only focusing on Afghanistan priority :( :( like there is people waiting before this Afghanistan humanitarian crisis and there was covid too. very sad and horrible way to treat people who wants to become Canadian, and nowadays Oaths should be faster as it is done remotely.
I applied in early July 2020. After I took the test on July 1st 2021, I haven’t been contacted at all, not even asked for my passport scan. Totally silent.
According to the new portal, I can see all parts except the ceremony were already finished. I don’t understand why almost three months after the test I still haven’t been contacted for the ceremony.

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I saw other people from Ontario were set up ceremony around 2 months after taking the test.
I’m now living in Montréal and applied in English.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I applied in early July 2020. After I took the test on July 1st 2021, I haven’t been contacted at all, not even asked for my passport scan. Totally silent.
According to the new portal, I can see all parts except the ceremony were already finished. I don’t understand why almost three months after the test I still haven’t been contacted for the ceremony.

Ceremony in Montreal is 6 to 8 months after DM .

Reactions: happysheep

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Yes same office, I applied in Feb 2020 as single applicant and my wife in Nov 2020 also as a single applicant
Im a March 2020 applicant. I did do the test in March 2021, but I havent heard anything since.. not even DM...

I feel like they have forgotten some of the Jan - Mar 2020 applicants.. I also dont really know what to do.. :(

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I applied in french, passed the test April 8th and I'm still waiting for the oath. And I know at least 3 other french applicants that have a timeline roughly equivalent to mine.

TBH, with the data that we have, it's impossible to draw any conclusion. And unfortunately, when we're getting frustrated, we have a tendency to "see" pattern to explain our situation, but it's most of the time wrong interpretation of the data because of our clouded judgment.

I empathize with your frustration and I just hope that we will all have our oath sooner than later whatever our background.
I passed the test in March, and I still havent even received DM.. I really dont know what's going on.. this is getting a little frustrating :(

Ziad81

Oct 1, 2019
My wife and I are Montreal applicants. I applied in October 2019, did my test on April 16th, the test status changed to complete on April 21st, and nothing since then. On the other hand, my wife is July 2019 applicant, she did her test on May 26, status changed to complete on June 3rd, and nothing after.

Reactions: gen_z

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Montréal Jan 2020 applicant. Got an oath invite today to attend on Oct 6th. Test done on May 24 and DM/All completed on Aug 3. Finally!
congrats Let us know the number of applicants there . if you get a chance to talk to any officer try asking them what is the situation ? Are you going to ever resume in person oaths ?