+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
There are still oaths in Montreal. 2 people of this facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/montrealcitizenshipapplicants) have their oath September 14th and 16th. I'm not sure how many applicants per oath but I think it's around 40. One of them applied in July 2019 and the other in July 2020. So even if it's extremely slow and inconsistent, there is still progress in Montreal.
July 2020!! This is 8 months after me, and I am still waiting for the oath

sarafina2021

Sep 8, 2021
Hello there,
Anyone from Québec city got any update.
they ask me for a copy of my passport, still no news since august 4, online test complet.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hello there,
Anyone from Québec city got any update.
they ask me for a copy of my passport, still no news since august 4, online test complet.
I'm from Quebec City. Last I "heard" was DM back in July. I know two people who got invites to the oath recently but they're both from Montreal.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
There are still oaths in Montreal. 2 people of this facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/montrealcitizenshipapplicants) have their oath September 14th and 16th. I'm not sure how many applicants per oath but I think it's around 40. One of them applied in July 2019 and the other in July 2020. So even if it's extremely slow and inconsistent, there is still progress in Montreal.
I also know two people who got invites for later this month (both are early 2020 applicants.) I'm still waiting though even though I apply in 2019...

sarafina2021

Sep 8, 2021
I'm from Quebec City. Last I "heard" was DM back in July. I know two people who got invites to the oath recently but they're both from Montreal.
Thank you for the information. at least am not alone. are you able to call them and ask about the status of the application?
how can to contact them to make things moves faster...:(

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Thank you for the information. at least am not alone. are you able to call them and ask about the status of the application?
I haven't called them, no. I don't think it would make things faster. They'll just tell us to wait...

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
They are not taking any case related calls. Only afghan related calls.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Anyone got oath invitation recently other than the ones mentioned above? I started to see oath invitations for March 2022 for applicants in other provinces. Montreal has been t h e s l o w e s t, which means we probably won't get oath invitations before March 2022 :eek: It's my expectation, which is frustrating :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: yaacoub89