+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Not sure what to say but the slow process of IRCC to complete the applications is really frustrating and nowadays with the ZOOM oath ceremony they should be faster to process the oaths with many people all across Canada together, from all provinces together. it does not make any sense to wait years and months.

RedSox

Sep 8, 2021
Montreal
Visa Office......
Montreal
Is is true that Montreal will not resume oaths until 2022? I'm an 2019 applicant still waiting. This is BS!

lowe

Aug 20, 2021
Applied in September 2019 from Montreal. Got acknowledgement in Feb 2020. Test invite in Dec 2020, test passed on 31st Dec. Oath ceremony Jan 21 2021.

My wife's application: Dec 2020, AOR in April 2021. Test invite July 2021. Test passed in July 2020. August (All checks completed). No DM yet. Still In Process..
This sucks. I applied the same time as you in 2019. The last movement was request of passport scans a few weeks ago.

SKC_Montreal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Hi.
I just wonder, did you travel a lot while your application was being reviewed?
I'm just trying to come up with some statics in relation to the processing speed of different applications...
Thanks for answering.
I lived in many parts of Canada before the application. Starts from the date of my application, i did not. But, I got stuck at my home country for about 4 months due to lockdown while my application was still in progress. It did not affect my application at all

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I got excited a couple of months ago when suddenly there was a bit of movement and I got the invite for the test. Finally had my DM and now I learn I'll have to wait another year (or more)!!
yes my friend. Ircc officers are very fragile, coronavirus specfically targets them. plus most of them are on holidays.

FrenchToast

Sep 6, 2021
Where did you see that there will be no Oaths in Montreal this year?
There are still oaths in Montreal. 2 people of this facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/montrealcitizenshipapplicants) have their oath September 14th and 16th. I'm not sure how many applicants per oath but I think it's around 40. One of them applied in July 2019 and the other in July 2020. So even if it's extremely slow and inconsistent, there is still progress in Montreal.

Reactions: Flandernss