+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I think those with DM in the 1st half of this year may get their oath before the end of this year. But for those of us who got DM in the second half it seems more like Q1 or Q2 2022. The wait is far from over :confused:
We never know what can happen on the way to 2022… At some point IRCC officers might decide they had enough of drunk&naked night beach dancing… Maybe they will even want to come back to Canada to bring their children to school in September… Then they will feel lonely at home, so decide to come to the office, work a bit, discuss and laugh at how many RQs, FP requests they issued during pandemic, how many years they made people wait for citizenship… and who knows, they might want to see Mr. Luvtrump live at the real ceremony to say Hello… So, yes, things might go faster at some point… I hope…

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
luvtrump, I understood your case a bit as well. It looks like your file was transferred to Montreal - CEN. Usually, the files of people, who have residency problems/questions, are transferred here (as I understood from the forum, IRCC residency experts work at Montreal - CEN). If your file is transferred here, your DM will be reached aprx. 6 months later than the DM of an ordinary case (see page 6, routine, Montreal vs Montreal - CEN). If there are other questions in relation to your file in addition to residency, it will bring the processing time to more than 3 years (see page 6, Montreal - CEN, complex).

Good luck! Hopefully, your new application will be faster.

• Sad
Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
luvtrump, I understood your case a bit as well. It looks like your file was transferred to Montreal - CEN. Usually, the files of people, who have residency problems/questions, are transferred here (as I understood from the forum, IRCC residency experts work at Montreal - CEN). If your file is transferred here, your DM will be reached aprx. 6 months later than the DM of an ordinary case (see page 6, routine, Montreal vs Montreal - CEN). If there are other questions in relation to your file in addition to residency, it will bring the processing time to more than 3 years (see page 6, Montreal - CEN, complex).

Thanks for the insight. guess i made the right decision to put a new app.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020

yes my file is in Mon-CEN

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Reactions: Orgcom

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
I saw this in the Montreal Citizenship Applicants facebook group, anyone interested ?

Ruby Irene Pratka
Hi all. I am working on a story on delays to citizenship tests and oaths (but mainly oaths) for Immigrant Québec. It will probably be published in late September-early October. A little later this month, I will be looking for people who are waiting for a test date or oath date and are willing to do a short interview with me about how the delay has affected them. Looking forward to speaking with some of you!

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I saw this in the Montreal Citizenship Applicants facebook group, anyone interested ?

Ruby Irene Pratka
Hi all. I am working on a story on delays to citizenship tests and oaths (but mainly oaths) for Immigrant Québec. It will probably be published in late September-early October. A little later this month, I will be looking for people who are waiting for a test date or oath date and are willing to do a short interview with me about how the delay has affected them. Looking forward to speaking with some of you!
luvtrump . He cannot become the prime minister because of delays...

• Haha

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hey guys, look at this document. If I understood it correctly, during 2020-2021 it takes aprx. 7.4 months from DM to Oath in Montreal if your case is routine (page 8). So most of you are still within the timeframe, unfortunately...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view
Oh interesting, so Montreal is currently (well, as of end of May) taking 2.1 months on average according to this page. Can't wait to test that out in *does some advanced math* about 2 weeks (September 16) :D I'll let you know the results.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Oh interesting, so Montreal is currently (well, as of end of May) taking 2.1 months on average according to this page. Can't wait to test that out in *does some advanced math* about 2 weeks (September 16) :D I'll let you know the results.
Irrespective of the criteria you will have the Oath in next 7 weeks. The weekly update yesterday shows they are working on June 2nd week 2019 Application finalizing so unless the application is non-routine you will be in the queue for sure while we wait ✋.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Irrespective of the criteria you will have the Oath in next 7 weeks. The weekly update yesterday shows they are working on June 2nd week 2019 Application finalizing so unless the application is non-routine you will be in the queue for sure while we wait ✋.
Unfortunately, you’re wrong…

“Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.”

Oath is the different story…