+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Finally my application is updated and now all items are completed and the the oath says not started.. I can see the light end of the tunnel. 2020 application
Congrat. You had this update today? please check on old ecas, doed it change Decision Made?

degm

May 31, 2017
Not yet, FP not updated yet. I just wanna give it one more week (believing that my FP report is just in the queue to be processed assuming they are being processed in the order of receipt at their office). My rationale is that among all us that got FP request emails same day (Jan 19th), mine was the last to be delivered to IRCC Montreal office given that RCMP first sent it to me and i then forwarded to IRCC (delivered circa Feb 8th), so basically I lost one week in the dispatch time to the IRCC office ( as compared to you guys whose FP report was sent directly to IRCC by RCMP. I also have the issue of missing application number on my FP report to deal with.

If i don't see any update on my tracker by this Wednesday, I will go take another FP with an RCMP accredited Agent (looks like those guys are more patient and careful than RCMP officer). I really dont know how the RCMP OFFICER missed my file number after he requested to see my FP request letter. The other option is that since I made a copy of the FP report before sending out to IRCC Montreal, Maybe i should attach that copy to a webmail to them and see what happens.

Nevertheless, the good thing so far, is that it looks like everything will move very fast after BG/FP is updated as completed just like for you guys, so I'm hanging onto that hope.
I would try all of the options. I suspect a new FP report through an agency would be quicker than a response to a letter sent by mail, but I'd do both just in case.

degm

May 31, 2017
Finally my application is updated and now all items are completed and the the oath says not started.. I can see the light end of the tunnel. 2020 application
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your timeline again please? Also do LPP show as Completed on the tracker or still in process?

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your timeline again please? Also do LPP show as Completed on the tracker or still in process?
Application Sept 2020
FP request July 2021
Test completed August 2021
BG completed Nov 2021
Language and physical marked completed, BG back to in progress Jan 2023
Submitted my FP again (without them asking) in Jan
BG marked completed Feb 2023
Prohibition marked completed march 2023 and in ecas was marked as decision made.

Reactions: degm

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I would try all of the options. I suspect a new FP report through an agency would be quicker than a response to a letter sent by mail, but I'd do both just in case.
Thanks Buddy, I just checked again now and still no update. If i do not see any update by Wednesday, I will go do another FP reporting with an Agency. The annoying thing is even the fact that i cant even get through to IRCC on phone. I have been trying for 2 weeks now.

Reactions: degm

degm

May 31, 2017
Got my oath scheduled for 23 March. I'm surprised with the short time they took after my BG verification :)
Congrats as well! Do you mind sharing your timeline too please? Also do LPP show as Completed on your tracker or still in process?

FW-SandA

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Submitted in June 2021, got AOR in September 2021.
I was not able to get any information out of IRCC so far.
I submitted some webforms, they seem to be copy pasting some response text without reading them. Sometimes their replies make no sense at all.
I requested case notes 4 times, they only sent me a copy in July 2022, so no idea what has been going on since then.
I contacted CBSA and CSIS, they seem to have fullfilled their duties months ago.

Next I am going to try calling the phone line, and after that contacting my MP.

If that won't work, I'll probably try again after this May, since it will be past their stated processing time. I'll also be looking for escalation options, but at the moment I don't know of anything except mandamus, which is a lot more time and money than sending webforms.
As per my lawyer you can hire a lawyer after 20 months from the submition date, Manadmus might take 2 Months to be submitted and 4 months to be finilized

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
As per my lawyer you can hire a lawyer after 20 months from the submition date, Manadmus might take 2 Months to be submitted and 4 months to be finilized
That's very interesting! Do you know why 20?
Are you planning on submitting one yourself?

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
Submitted in June 2021, got AOR in September 2021.
I was not able to get any information out of IRCC so far.
I submitted some webforms, they seem to be copy pasting some response text without reading them. Sometimes their replies make no sense at all.
I requested case notes 4 times, they only sent me a copy in July 2022, so no idea what has been going on since then.
I contacted CBSA and CSIS, they seem to have fullfilled their duties months ago.

Next I am going to try calling the phone line, and after that contacting my MP.

If that won't work, I'll probably try again after this May, since it will be past their stated processing time. I'll also be looking for escalation options, but at the moment I don't know of anything except mandamus, which is a lot more time and money than sending webforms.
I hope that my information is helpful. I submitted my application back in February 2021 and did everything to get it finalized, but nothing seemed to work. They asked me to submit my fingerprints twice, and the second time I did them, the IRCC Montreal office lost them. They didn't tell me to do it again until the deadline, which was 3 months after I first submitted them. I asked three times for urgent processing, but all of my requests were rejected. My application had reached the 2-year mark when I contacted them via phone, and the agent put a note in my file stating that my application had been in process for over 2 years. Within 2 weeks of the note, I started seeing updates. The decision has now been made, and I am waiting for the oath, which is scheduled for March 23rd.

I suggest that you wait until June 2023 to contact them and ask the agent on the phone to add a note in your file stating that your application has been over 2 years old. This will help you avoid wasting money on a mandamus, which can take around 6 months.

wish you all the best, hope you get your citizenship soon

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I hope that my information is helpful. I submitted my application back in February 2021 and did everything to get it finalized, but nothing seemed to work. They asked me to submit my fingerprints twice, and the second time I did them, the IRCC Montreal office lost them. They didn't tell me to do it again until the deadline, which was 3 months after I first submitted them. I asked three times for urgent processing, but all of my requests were rejected. My application had reached the 2-year mark when I contacted them via phone, and the agent put a note in my file stating that my application had been in process for over 2 years. Within 2 weeks of the note, I started seeing updates. The decision has now been made, and I am waiting for the oath, which is scheduled for March 23rd.

I suggest that you wait until June 2023 to contact them and ask the agent on the phone to add a note in your file stating that your application has been over 2 years old. This will help you avoid wasting money on a mandamus, which can take around 6 months.

Thanks for sharing this. It is very helpful. What caught my attention was that fact that you wrote that IRCC Montreal office misplaced your FP report and actually this got me scared, hoping they have not misplaced my FP report too.

I have been waiting for my FP report ( that has since been delivered to IRCC Montreal office on Feb 8th) to be processed and still not done up until now despite the fact that other forum members that we got same FP request around the same time have theirs updated already.

I was fortunate to get through to an IRCC Agent on phone this morning and the guy took his time to look through my file. I could sense that the Agent was a bit concerned too that my FP has not been processed when I told him that I have a confirmed delivery of the FP report to their office since Feb 8th.(apparently they have procedural requirement to update within 30days of receipt). He could not explain why it has not been done and he can only postulate that maybe it's just in the queue for processing and that sometimes they receive a lot of FP mails. He however assured me that the missing application number on the FP report should not be a problem since I attached a letter with my UCI with the FP report. The guy ended that I should give it one more month to see if any update will done and if I dont see any update I should call them back and then they will take an action.

But now reading from the above that Montreal office do actually mis-place FP reports is concerning. If i don't see any update by tomorrow, I will just go ahead to do another FP and get it sent directly to them (not waiting for another one month as advised by the Agent), I cant afford to have my time wasted the more by the inefficiencies of the Montreal office.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018

Thanks for sharing, this is reassuring!
I'm a bit busy with other things right now, so will probably wait a few months to start on mandamus, though it may be good to learn and prepare as much as possible for it in advance, so that I can launch the process faster when the time comes.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Does anybody know when is the good time to call IRCC phone line to have a chance to get through?
It's this number: 1-888-242-2100, right?
Or is there a number for Montreal office that is better to call?