+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Thanks, did you have any update with your FP submission. An agent advised me to send them a webform with proof of taken FP, just in case.
Not yet, FP not updated yet. I just wanna give it one more week (believing that my FP report is just in the queue to be processed assuming they are being processed in the order of receipt at their office). My rationale is that among all us that got FP request emails same day (Jan 19th), mine was the last to be delivered to IRCC Montreal office given that RCMP first sent it to me and i then forwarded to IRCC (delivered circa Feb 8th), so basically I lost one week in the dispatch time to the IRCC office ( as compared to you guys whose FP report was sent directly to IRCC by RCMP. I also have the issue of missing application number on my FP report to deal with.

If i don't see any update on my tracker by this Wednesday, I will go take another FP with an RCMP accredited Agent (looks like those guys are more patient and careful than RCMP officer). I really dont know how the RCMP OFFICER missed my file number after he requested to see my FP request letter. The other option is that since I made a copy of the FP report before sending out to IRCC Montreal, Maybe i should attach that copy to a webmail to them and see what happens.

Nevertheless, the good thing so far, is that it looks like everything will move very fast after BG/FP is updated as completed just like for you guys, so I'm hanging onto that hope.

docSB

May 24, 2018
I have to travel for my job in the US at the end of March-April, so requested them not to put anything between March 20- April 4th. Does any one think that would cause further delays? Would love to know if anyone is receiving April dates

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I have to travel for my job in the US at the end of March-April, so requested them not to put anything between March 20- April 4th. Does any one think that would cause further delays? Would love to know if anyone is receiving April dates
I did this last May for a trip I was planning in June (which I was not able to go on in the end).
They responded to my webform in September with a very odd message saying that they are prioritizing applications from applicants who don't have COVID travel restrictions.
I ended up not having any movement on my case between last March and now, not sure if this is related. I inquired about this, but got another canned response with no information.

I am personally not going to make any more travel notifications to avoid them getting overly confused about which year it is, what is going on in the world, and how to do their jobs. It seems already to be too difficult as it is.

docSB

May 24, 2018
I did this last May for a trip I was planning in June (which I was not able to go on in the end).
They responded to my webform in September with a very odd message saying that they are prioritizing applications from applicants who don't have COVID travel restrictions.
I ended up not having any movement on my case between last March and now, not sure if this is related. I inquired about this, but got another canned response with no information.

I am personally not going to make any more travel notifications to avoid them getting overly confused about which year it is, what is going on in the world, and how to do their jobs. It seems already to be too difficult as it is.
and this is Montreal-specific?