+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Finally had an update yesterday.
A year after taking the test, I need now to attend an interview on April 12th. My wife did not have this request.
I don't know if I should be happy that there is an update, or be worried because of the interview.
Any thoughts ?
Thank you
It is a good sign, they just need to verify few info. From what I hear, usually it takes less than 15 mins.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Do you know in mtl - in average - how long it takes from decsion made to get the oath email, any recent experience?

Last edited:

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Attended a virtual oath ceremony yesterday, March 21. We're in Fredericton NB, ceremony was in Montreal. After the ceremony we were told that the certificate will be available for pickup on March 30, in Montreal. Those not collected on that day will be mailed, and could take 6 weeks. Supposedly we were to receive an email with pickup instructions immediately following the ceremony, but we've seen no such mail.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Called 9am EST today, but the robot was saying that they have high volume of calls and wouldn't connect me to an agent :(
Finally got through at 9:30. They of course don't know anything, and everything is fine until it is over 23 months, just wait.
I asked them if I am classified as non-routine, and they told me that everything is routine until the 23 months mark.

Reactions: FW-SandA

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hello people,

I got a ghost update on my Tracker this morning March 24th. Nothing has changed, my LPP still in progress, I don't know what that means for me. Should I expect to see my LLP updated?

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
I received the test window email Mar 16 and responded as instructed with the Outside Canada email the next day but have received no response whatsoever. Has anyone else had to navigate through this situation?
What if I don’t hear back by the end of the test window?

 If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at IRCC.MtlConvoTests.IRCC@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate “Outside Canada” in the subject line of the email and provide yourname,applicationnumberandthestartandenddateforyouronlinetestinthetextofyouremail. Please include proof (plane ticket, boarding pass) of your departure from Canada.

docSB

May 24, 2018
Does anybody know when is the good time to call IRCC phone line to have a chance to get through?
It's this number: 1-888-242-2100, right?
Or is there a number for Montreal office that is better to call?
I have connected with the IRCC Number multiple times, but you rarely get any information from them that you can't see in your online tracker.

docSB

May 24, 2018
Is there a specific Montreal Office number that one can call? It's been 5 mins since my test and 3 months since all items have been marked complete.

Has anyone already received Oath taking dates in April?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I have connected with the IRCC Number multiple times, but you rarely get any information from them that you can't see in your online tracker.
Yes, I was not expecting to learn much, I was just taking all the steps so that I can say that I tried this when I take the next ones -- like contacting MP or filing complaints.

However I did learn that they were processing PR card renewal applications from Jan 18 at the time, which is useful, even though unrelated.

docSB

May 24, 2018
Yes, I was not expecting to learn much, I was just taking all the steps so that I can say that I tried this when I take the next ones -- like contacting MP or filing complaints.

However I did learn that they were processing PR card renewal applications from Jan 18 at the time, which is useful, even though unrelated.
On their website, they mention that you should get an oath-taking invite between 4-6 months of the test if yours is a routine one. Montreal Office is just crazy

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
On their website, they mention that you should get an oath-taking invite between 4-6 months of the test if yours is a routine one. Montreal Office is just crazy
Where did you find that?
I had no updates for a year after the test, so I asked them if my case is non-routine. They told me that everything under 23 months is considered routine. I have 21 months so far.
Of course, could be that the person on the phone has no idea what she is talking about.