+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

docSB

May 24, 2018
Where did you find that?
I had no updates for a year after the test, so I asked them if my case is non-routine. They told me that everything under 23 months is considered routine. I have 21 months so far.
Of course, could be that the person on the phone has no idea what she is talking about.

It's written very clearly here, but when I said this to the Customer Service Agent, she said she is not aware of any such thing ( so much for the official website). It's essentially a very random process and they would always tell you that the average time is 23 months ( so don't disturb us). I have called 4-5 times and I think I need to stop :) before they put a note in my file.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
It's written very clearly here, but when I said this to the Customer Service Agent, she said she is not aware of any such thing ( so much for the official website). It's essentially a very random process and they would always tell you that the average time is 23 months ( so don't disturb us). I have called 4-5 times and I think I need to stop :) before they put a note in my file.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html
Thanks!

I personally don't call because I hate spending hours on hold to talk to somebody who will be incompetent 1 out of 3 times. I sent several web forms though, and will shortly send out some emails elsewhere to escalate. After 23 months I'll consider filing mandamus, but that may be pricey and also annoying and time consuming.
I've been very patient up to now, and that hasn't brought any results so far, so my feeling is if I don't bother them, nothing will ever happen.

Reactions: degm

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Is there a specific Montreal Office number that one can call? It's been 5 mins since my test and 3 months since all items have been marked complete.

Has anyone already received Oath taking dates in April?
Your app is paper or online? If it is paper, you check status on old ecas. it shows Decision made, you hope to be scheduled the oath soon, if it is IN PROCESS, that means agent still not to make a decision, and you have to wait ,......although on tracker showed all completed, but a decision still not made.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Your app is paper or online? If it is paper, you check status on old ecas. it shows Decision made, you hope to be scheduled the oath soon, if it is IN PROCESS, that means agent still not to make a decision, and you have to wait ,......although on tracker showed all completed, but a decision still not made.
My application in ecas says decsion made since 8 of March, is there an average time for how long it will take to be called for the oath?

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
My application in ecas says decsion made since 8 of March, is there an average time for how long it will take to be called for the oath?
last week, I saw an applicant who had LPP completed 17Feb is scheduled for 14 April, Montreal. I think in this moment, need 5-8 weeks. not sure, depend on your lucky.

Reactions: rmtl

docSB

May 24, 2018
My application was online. All items were marked completed except the citizenship ceremony/oath-taking since Jan 11th. On March 2nd they updated the same thing. It's not mentioned decision was made anywhere.

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
My application was online. All items were marked completed except the citizenship ceremony/oath-taking since Jan 11th. On March 2nd they updated the same thing. It's not mentioned decision was made anywhere.
That is the problem. update 2 march is update pf the system, not for you.

docSB

May 24, 2018
That is the problem. update 2 march is update pf the system, not for you.
That's sad :( Anything else you can suggest? My problem is that I know I am on the better side of things, so can't really push. But at the same time, I know of multiple cases where people who have given their exams in Nov/ Dec got their oath-taking invite. I regularly travel to the US for work and this is creating a mess.

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
That's sad :( Anything else you can suggest? My problem is that I know I am on the better side of things, so can't really push. But at the same time, I know of multiple cases where people who have given their exams in Nov/ Dec got their oath-taking invite. I regularly travel to the US for work and this is creating a mess.
Only take your time, wait. If you want, you can call center for require information about decision made. Good luck bro.

Reactions: docSB

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hi everyone. I’m Toronto based but I took my test in November, got an update from the application that everything except citizenship oath was completed almost end of January (I think that’s what’s meant by decision made). They gave me a March ceremony date and put the oath in progress end of January… Don’t know if the timelines would vary significantly for Montreal

degm

May 31, 2017
Hi,

I had an update on March 29.
Scheduled for Citizenship oath for Apr-13-2023
Congratulations! I can't help but wonder why is an August 2022 applicant taking their Oath so fast. I fucking hate this game, it's absolutely unfair lol.

Reactions: bas12