+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
July 2019 applicant here.

Passed the test April 16th 2021.

Got a 3rd request for fingerprints January 2022 which were submitted.

Recieved a 4th request for fingerprints March 2022.

Contacted my MP who sent the fingerprints again on my behalf and was told they were recieved and in the file.

Called for an update in August and was told everything including fingerprints is ready and they are finalising things so i should expect to sit the oath "soon".

October 31st - I received a letter in the mail "final request for fingerprints" with a note saying they had recieved no contact from me..

So today I'm bringing the receipts, I've written a letter to reply and I've attached not only my copy of January's fingerprints with the date highlighted, but copies of the request from January and March as well as the emails between my MP and I and added a note asking them to please expedite the oath invite since despite them "not having heard from me" I have provided all the evidence that shows they're wrong.

This is beyond a joke, I'll post updates as and when I hear back, but at this point I'm fully expecting the application to be returned and if that's the case I'll renew my PR card and forget about citizenship.
That's awful. So unprofessional and disorganized- and after such a long wait. Glad your MP is involved and that you are bringing the receipts. Best of luck in getting your citizenship.

Reactions: TheJim

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Has anyone else here had their file transferred from Montreal to another office? If so, did it get transferred back before the oath?

hatchi

Nov 12, 2018
July 2019 applicant here.

Passed the test April 16th 2021.

Got a 3rd request for fingerprints January 2022 which were submitted.

Recieved a 4th request for fingerprints March 2022.

Contacted my MP who sent the fingerprints again on my behalf and was told they were recieved and in the file.

Called for an update in August and was told everything including fingerprints is ready and they are finalising things so i should expect to sit the oath "soon".

October 31st - I received a letter in the mail "final request for fingerprints" with a note saying they had recieved no contact from me..

So today I'm bringing the receipts, I've written a letter to reply and I've attached not only my copy of January's fingerprints with the date highlighted, but copies of the request from January and March as well as the emails between my MP and I and added a note asking them to please expedite the oath invite since despite them "not having heard from me" I have provided all the evidence that shows they're wrong.

This is beyond a joke, I'll post updates as and when I hear back, but at this point I'm fully expecting the application to be returned and if that's the case I'll renew my PR card and forget about citizenship.
Today I got the same request titled
FINAL REQUEST FOR FINGERPRINTS

They asked me for Fingerprints on 2020 Feb and I sent them webform contact to verify they got it and they confirmed
it is even funny im my online application status , under application history last thing is
Application history

• Feb 19, 2020
  • Fingerprint results: Received
    We received your fingerprint information on February 19, 2020 and will review them shortly. Thank you!

Not Even sure what to do now
Do I need to do new test or send them same old test (I have a copy)
or send them screenshot from my online application that says they got it !!

I feel this is just to delay the application further in order to show some activity on the file

Thanks

degm

May 31, 2017
Has anyone else here had their file transferred from Montreal to another office? If so, did it get transferred back before the oath?
I read somewhere of someone whose file was transferred from MTL to Vancouver after moving there. I think someone in the Sep-Dec 21 threads.

Nohaaboareban

May 13, 2022
Type: paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,100 +
Application: family 1 adult + 2 kids
Application sent: May 27, 2022
Delivered: June 2 ,2022
AOR: June 10 2022
BGC: Completed October 29
Test Invite: October24, 2022 (window starting Oct. 28rd - November 17
Test Taken: oct 28 2022
Test updated to Completed: November 3 2022
Physical presence, language, prohibitions: IP
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I read somewhere of someone whose file was transferred from MTL to Vancouver after moving there. I think someone in the Sep-Dec 21 threads.
I still live in the MTL area, but my file is in Vancouver (or at least it has been for months). Just wondering which office is going to do the oath.

Nohaaboareban

May 13, 2022
Type: paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,100 +
Application: family 1 adult + 2 kids
Application sent: May 27, 2022
Delivered: June 2 ,2022
AOR: June 10 2022
BGC: Completed October 29
Test Invite: October24, 2022 (window starting Oct. 28rd - November 17
Test Taken: oct 28 2022
Test updated to Completed: November 3 2022
Physical presence, language, prohibitions: IP
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
Physical presence, language, prohibitions on Dec 08
DM as well
Citizenship Ceremony not started

Nohaaboareban

May 13, 2022
I called IRCC today and they told me there is a few places left for next week ceremony I hope I will be with them its final ceremony for 2022

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
I called IRCC today and they told me there is a few places left for next week ceremony I hope I will be with them its final ceremony for 2022
How did you call them.???? I'm trying to call them since one month and always not succesfull ....Auto message and hanging up

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
It seems several people from Montreal's office got a guest update today
Me and my wife ( seperate applications) had ghost update too. Anyone has more info about this one? - 2021 January applicants

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Update: I am scheduled for an in-person oath here in Montreal on Jan 20, 2023. Looks like things moved pretty quickly, after 7 months of no activity.