+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Unfortunately IRCC does LIFO so I'm not surprised you're left behind. If I were you, I'd reach out my MP now that you're getting to the "official wait time". Maybe at this point they will do something about it.
I did, didn't get any reply from his office :)

• Sad
Reactions: degm

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Whoever is in charge of the Montreal office should be ashamed of the level of inefficiency in which they're running this office.
Well, according to the tracker they are far ahead of an average Canadian office, so it doesn't seem to be a local problem.

Reactions: iceman55

naten

Feb 20, 2018
I just saw someone from Montreal office with oath invite 2 months after AOR. A record that I have never seen before.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I applied from Montreal in June 2021, passed the test in Feb 2022, no updates on my case since then, except the ghost update Oct 7.

In May 2022 I sent an address change request, to which I got a response after a couple of months, and a travel notification request (for international travel I was planning in June), to which I received a very strange response in September, saying that processing is delayed by COVID, and that currently they are prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions. The response must be the same one they were sending in early 2020, when there were travel restrictions due to covid, and they never changed it.

I ordered GCMS notes in late June 2022 (received after 30 days), and again a couple weeks ago.
I am not sure if my address was actually updated, the notes have no mention of the new address, and the notes request by the goverment employee was made about 2 weeks after I receieved the response for my address change request...

Interestingly, judging by the tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1339184945
Montreal applicants from June 2021 are processed faster than applicants from other places; unfortunately I am not one of the luckier ones.
How did you change your address? web form or by phone? My understanding is Montreal is supposed to be your new office after the address change. Can I ask what your original office is (before the address change)?

In any case, it's better to call IRCC help center and provide your new address. For paper applications I believe they move files physically and it takes 15 days to a month. Not sure how they do it for online applications.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
How did you change your address? web form or by phone? My understanding is Montreal is supposed to be your new office after the address change. Can I ask what your original office is (before the address change)?

In any case, it's better to call IRCC help center and provide your new address. For paper applications I believe they move files physically and it takes 15 days to a month. Not sure how they do it for online applications.
I moved within Montreal, so the same office. It was an online application.
I think I tried the online address change form first, that failed, so I used a generic web form. A couple days later I tried again, and address change form worked, so I sent that as well just in case.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I moved within Montreal, so the same office. It was an online application.
I think I tried the online address change form first, that failed, so I used a generic web form. A couple days later I tried again, and address change form worked, so I sent that as well just in case.
Then address change shouldn't be a problem. So you don't seem to have any special scenarios.

After GTA, Montreal is usually the fastest in terms of end to end processing times (up to oath). May be they might one day suddenly do DM and oath back to back, which also happens a lot. If you want to give it a try, you can write to them and see what's going on.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Then address change shouldn't be a problem. So you don't seem to have any special scenarios.

After GTA, Montreal is usually the fastest in terms of end to end processing times (up to oath). May be they might one day suddenly do DM and oath back to back, which also happens a lot. If you want to give it a try, you can write to them and see what's going on.
I doubt I'll learn anything new, they'll probably send me another copy of that response about being delayed due to covid and prioritizing applications from people exempt from travel restrictions. And it might take more than 4 months for them to send it next time...

Judging from ATIP notes, nobody touched my case between early March and late July. I ordered them again, we'll see if anything changed.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I doubt I'll learn anything new, they'll probably send me another copy of that response about being delayed due to covid and prioritizing applications from people exempt from travel restrictions. And it might take more than 4 months for them to send it next time...

Judging from ATIP notes, nobody touched my case between early March and late July. I ordered them again, we'll see if anything changed.
ATIP is basically just a print out of the system snapshot. Does it trigger action? It's not clear to me.

On the other hand, someone looks at the mailbox. They might ignore it or might look into your application. From what I see emails from applications with long waits like yourself appear to get some response when compared to more recent applications. It's still low probability but the cost to try is zero. Waiting a bit is also not a bad opion option if you're not in a hurry.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
ATIP is basically just a print out of the system snapshot. Does it trigger action? It's not clear to me.

On the other hand, someone looks at the mailbox. They might ignore it or might look into your application. From what I see emails from applications with long waits like yourself appear to get some response when compared to more recent applications. It's still low probability but the cost to try is zero. Waiting a bit is also not a bad opion option if you're not in a hurry.
Well, they didn't even bother reading my previous request, and responded with nonsense 4 months later, so I am not sure webform is worth wasting time on.
Or would it help to send daily messages, until I get an intelligent answer?
And I don't feel like calling and spending several hours on hold right now.
Maybe I'll get some useful info from one type of ATIP notes or another. If there is nothing useful in GCMS notes, I might try to request something else.
I don't think my first GCMS notes request triggered any action, other than somebody had to generate that report. I don't know if it can help, I think there are conflicting opinions about this on this forum.
My wait is still only 16 month, which is way below the official numbers, so not sure if I could escalate...
Another thing: I was thinking it would be better to check the notes for any signs on the new address, before contacting them about it again.

Reactions: iceman55

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
October 2020 applicant here ..... Nothing moving except Test ( aug 2021) and Prohibition

Already my MP contacted them twice and nothing... .Any advice ( Mutandum) ?