+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can we really change the address and will it transfer the office also, which may make the process faster. ??
There is no guarantee that it will process faster but you can hope it goes to an officer who doesnt want to delay deliberately. Also if you're in ontario dont change , if you're in Quebec then better change.
DO NOT DO IT!

Address changes does NOT always change your local office. If you have something pending (any clearances, criminality, security or any other pending task, the application will NOT be transferred to a new office). So, if you are trying to change the office because there is a pending clearance in your current office OR you are changing it just to improve processing times, then it might not work out in your favor. It could potentially delay things further so be warned.

Applicant changes address
CIC is notified of a change in address through the Call Centre, via the Internet, or by fax or mail to a local office or to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S).
Staff at the CIC office that receives the notice of address change makes changes to the Global Case Management System (GCMS) record to show the new address and telephone numbers.
When a client changes their address via the Internet, CPC-S enters the request into GCMS and, where necessary, follows up with the local office concerned.
A change of address can be an advisory change or can result in a file transfer.
Advisory change of address
  • An advisory change of residential address is a simple change of address that does not lead to a file transfer. If the local office is notified of an advisory change of address, following the mailing of a notice, they should notify the applicant either by mail or by telephone so that it does not lead to abandonment or administrative closure of the application.
  • An advisory change of mailing address does not change jurisdiction and does not lead to a file transfer.
Here's more...

Transfer of files between local offices
A change of residential address by the client may necessitate a transfer of the file to another CIC office. This occurs when the new address falls within the geographic location of another office.
There may be instances where an officer believes that a change of address is not legitimate. Clients may change their address as a result of a perceived leniency in decision-making or quicker processing times at another office. If this is the case, the officer should request from the client more information on the change of address. If the officer is still not satisfied with the additional information, or if the client does not supply the officer with it, the files remain in the original office and the client is notified.
And more....

Local Offices
Once a local office is notified of a file transfer it is their responsibility to follow up with the client if necessary. If the official believes the request may not be legitimate, they are encouraged to request additional documentation to confirm the address change such as a driver’s license, lease, etc.
The following points should be kept in mind when considering requests for file transfers:
  • Transfer requests should be the result of a change of address or a change in circumstances (working during the week or attending school in another city).
  • The determining factor for a transfer is to make it more convenient for the client to attend appointments at a local office.
  • The purpose of the transfer is not to give the client a material advantage such as quicker processing times or a perceived leniency in decision-making.
  • Transfers should occur only when this does not impede an investigation into that client’s circumstances (e.g., residence cases, immigration or RCMP investigations).
  • Transfers should not occur when the client is before a judge or has already been called to appear at an event (examination, hearing or ceremony) and the notice has already been mailed. The file transfer should occur after the appearance date.
  • Use discretion. In general, ensure that nothing is pending before transferring the file. For example, if the client has passed the citizenship test, ensure that the decision is made and the results entered into GCMS before transferring the file. If fingerprints have been sent to the RCMP, await results from the RCMP before transferring the file.
All of this can be found here

Reactions: dmda

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
DO NOT DO IT!

Address changes does NOT always change your local office. If you have something pending (any clearances, criminality, security or any other pending task, the application will NOT be transferred to a new office). So, if you are trying to change the office because there is a pending clearance in your current office OR you are changing it just to improve processing times, then it might not work out in your favor. It could potentially delay things further so be warned.

Here's more...

And more....

All of this can be found here

If you move from one province to another then i guess file transfers do occur. And its no big deal just go to ontario make a new drivers license and send a copy to cic lol

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If you move from one province to another then i guess file transfers do occur. And its no big deal just go to ontario make a new drivers license and send a copy to cic lol
Well, did you also read the highlighted portion in my last quote ?

In general, ensure that nothing is pending before transferring the file. For example, if the client has passed the citizenship test, ensure that the decision is made and the results entered into GCMS before transferring the file. If fingerprints have been sent to the RCMP, await results from the RCMP before transferring the file.

Transfers should occur only when this does not impede an investigation into that client’s circumstances (e.g., residence cases, immigration or RCMP investigations)

Your application has something pending (TFR - Clearance, whatever that is) so, it is likely the file transfer will not happen.

Its totally up to you, I just wanted to throw light on the procedures that the officer and the local office might follow when you are changing address. Whether you want to go through with it or not is your decision.

My only concern here is you trying this and ending up in a predicament where the application is delayed even further.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Well, did you also read the highlighted portion in my last quote ?

In general, ensure that nothing is pending before transferring the file. For example, if the client has passed the citizenship test, ensure that the decision is made and the results entered into GCMS before transferring the file. If fingerprints have been sent to the RCMP, await results from the RCMP before transferring the file.

Transfers should occur only when this does not impede an investigation into that client’s circumstances (e.g., residence cases, immigration or RCMP investigations)

Your application has something pending (TFR - Clearance, whatever that is) so, it is likely the file transfer will not happen.

Its totally up to you, I just wanted to throw light on the procedures that the officer and the local office might follow when you are changing address. Whether you want to go through with it or not is your decision.

My only concern here is you trying this and ending up in a predicament where the application is delayed even further.
o man why did i move to quebec.

• Haha
Reactions: dmda

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
o man why did i move to quebec.
Well, honestly, we can't be sure this happened to you just because your file is processed in an office in Quebec. This could have happened anywhere. My confusion is this - what the hell is "TFR - Clearance"? Based on the information you provided like a month earlier, I think your residency is under question because you mentioned you see "Residence" is in progress on your GCMS notes. Not sure why but even an elevated amount of scrutiny of residence shouldn't take this long (that too without being asked for a Residency Questionnaire). If they give you an opportunity to present your case, may be you can clear things up for them.

Again, I really don't know what else to say because I can't begin to understand the level of frustration you must have. Sorry this is happening to you :(

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Well, honestly, we can't be sure this happened to you just because your file is processed in an office in Quebec. This could have happened anywhere. My confusion is this - what the hell is "TFR - Clearance"? Based on the information you provided like a month earlier, I think your residency is under question because you mentioned you see "Residence" is in progress on your GCMS notes. Not sure why but even an elevated amount of scrutiny of residence shouldn't take this long (that too without being asked for a Residency Questionnaire). If they give you an opportunity to present your case, may be you can clear things up for them.

Again, I really don't know what else to say because I can't begin to understand the level of frustration you must have. Sorry this is happening to you :(
I do not know. TFR-Clearances only means one thing File transferred for clearances meaning one of the clearance has expired most likely the criminality that is why the location is registry (just sitting there) . I dont know how long that would take to update coz the last time they touched my file was April 2 (the day they received the file for clearances). If my residence is in question then send me to a citizenship judge , why the delay? They are not even sending me an RQ . Every time I call them they tell me at this moment we do not need any documents from you. GCMS shows Misrepresentation -0 too so i do not know what is going on. An interesting thing 1)Montreal CEN 2)Montreal Citizenship (files keep moving around these both )

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Good news we got an invitation for oath. Should happen a week from now. Things are moving!
Congrats, the perks of speaking french. I'm glad you are done with this torture. But I'm sure you're 10/1000 applicants. They are not moving at all.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
I guess im still early in the “game”. Did my test 06/25 which is updated to completed. No choice but to sit and wait.

Reactions: luvtrump

dmda

Mar 2, 2016
Congrats, the perks of speaking french. I'm glad you are done with this torture. But I'm sure you're 10/1000 applicants. They are not moving at all.
FYI, we're not French-speaking despite my avatar. It's an English application.

Reactions: robteix

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear friends, mine is a family-based application. Both my and my husband's application shows "Decision made" (status got changed on 29-June) in ECAS and in the tracker all "completed" except Oath which is not started. However, in our children file, it shows all in progress in tracker and in ECAS " in progress". Does any one encountered a similar situation. Obiously our visa application is Montreal

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dear friends, mine is a family-based application. Both my and my husband's application shows "Decision made" (status got changed on 29-June) in ECAS and in the tracker all "completed" except Oath which is not started. However, in our children file, it shows all in progress in tracker and in ECAS " in progress". Does any one encountered a similar situation. Obiously our visa application is Montreal
This happens routinely. Your children will become citizens on the same day as you (most likely scenario). Their statuses should be updated a few days before the oath ceremony.