+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone from europe?

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
What does the status and eligibility update says? Can you share ?
It was like this before the AIP:
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
And now like this:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I was at the same situation guys, I could easily go to the UK and as my husband is notan EU national we could move there without any problem but we have a lot of family members in Canada so we decided to go there. I hope that Canada don't make us regret the decision we made.

Reactions: nk1

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
It was like this before the AIP:
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
And now like this:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I was at the same situation guys, I could easily go to the UK and as my husband is notan EU national we could move there without any problem but we have a lot of family members in Canada so we decided to go there. I hope that Canada don't make us regret the decision we made.
yeah I hope the same . But the eligibility should have started before AIP. This is so confusing1! It means they give AIP without checking some files. fortunately my eligibility started before aip and it still shows the same. I hope to gwt our full approval soon because some people also got rejection after aip.

Reactions: Sad93

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
SP processing time for uk is now only 8 weeks, whether that is from this month or from application date I'm not sure, in my case applied late May so alreay 3.5 months.

Reactions: Sad93 and nk1

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
SP processing time for uk is now only 8 weeks, whether that is from this month or from application date I'm not sure, in my case applied late May so alreay 3.5 months.
Yeah the processing times have changed. For Greece it is 12 weeks. I have submitted my file on june 19. So according to this I should get my permit by this month. Unfortunately we don't know if the processing times start from this month or from the application date. Let's see what happens. But we should be positive as it is a positive indication.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Yeah the processing times have changed. For Greece it is 12 weeks. I have submitted my file on june 19. So according to this I should get my permit by this month. Unfortunately we don't know if the processing times start from this month or from the application date. Let's see what happens. But we should be positive as it is a positive indication.
Processing time starts from the day you done biometric

DCA

Sep 14, 2020
Applied from Germany beginning of August - with a representative, so I cannot check the status by myself. Received a letter 2 weeks ago saying "Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage..." with the permission to study online (although this is not an option for me).
I believe that I'm waiting for the 2nd stage approval then.

Reactions: nk1

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Applied from Germany beginning of August - with a representative, so I cannot check the status by myself. Received a letter 2 weeks ago saying "Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage..." with the permission to study online (although this is not an option for me).
I believe that I'm waiting for the 2nd stage approval then.
Yeah this is Aip .. I also received this letter. I hope they have started checking the second stage.

Reactions: DCA

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Why are you guys all so hellbound on the 2nd stage approval? With AIP you can take classes online. If you submitted factually true information and all requested documents and made a clear case that you will return to your home country after graduation then study permit approval is guaranteed. So, why the worry? With the study permit approval you can anyway not enter Canada at this point in time at all.

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Why are you guys all so hellbound on the 2nd stage approval? With AIP you can take classes online. If you submitted factually true information and all requested documents and made a clear case that you will return to your home country after graduation then study permit approval is guaranteed. So, why the worry? With the study permit approval you can anyway not enter Canada at this point in time at all.
Some students can enter and for some students presence in Canada is essential.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Hmm, not unless you are US resident or citizen and enter Canada from the US. Currently only those whose study permit was approved before March 18 can enter Canada directly, and only those whose travel is deemed essential. What makes you say that some students can enter?

Some students can enter and for some students presence in Canada is essential.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hmm, not unless you are US resident or citizen and enter Canada from the US. Currently only those whose study permit was approved before March 18 can enter Canada directly, and only those whose travel is deemed essential. What makes you say that some students can enter?
You just answered the question, it's true that some students can enter Canada.