+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone do a Table of Content for your PR application?

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
We did a table of contents too, but mostly it helped us out probably more than it will help the officer. We did it for our documents only, not the application part. It helped us make sure we did not forget anything like the person above stated. It wasn't anything elaborate as an example, for me as a sponsor I lived outside of Canada so my proof to return table of contents went something like this.

Intent to Return to Canada Documents (Then I listed the question # on the application beside the title so they know what it's for)

-Notarized Letter from Parents Of Residency
-Job Offer from Business #1
-Job Offer from Bussiness #2
-Letter describing plans upon return
-Letter describing why we want to move to Canada

Just something like that simple and helps you more so to make sure you didn't miss anything. I promise you it helps soooooo much more than rummaging through papers after papers without it!

BorisTheFaun

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
26-07-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
For the evidence I did a covering letter with a table of contents listing each section, 'photographic proof', 'evidence of travel' etc. Then for each subsection I did a cover letter and numbered each piece of evidence 5.1, 5.2 etc.

I figured if it looks like we put some effort in and made it easy to navigate it would have a greater chance of being processed quicker.

ScottishPolish

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
babymistycat said:
I am consolidating all my supporting documents and read some topics on how to organized it. Anyone have a Table of Content to share please. I read a topics on that but couldn't zoom in to see how she done up her Table of content.

Any useful helps are greatly appreciated. :)
I used a lawyer, and since I paid the money for it, I figured I should pay it forward. He DID do a table of contents, which was divided into Sponsor's documents, with each required form listed and the page number, the Applicants documents and each form plus supporting docs listed. Plus a Documents Brief which was another index of all the additional documents we submitted. And yes, perhaps too much, and perhaps the lawyer was justifying his fees. but it really helped. It was very organized....

Long story short - we did have an interview, and my husband said the file he saw (the original) was in the same layout that was submitted by the lawyer, just with a few sticky notes that the officer had added so that when he had questions, it was easy for him to find.

I think that it is your choice if you do an index, but I think as long as you follow the forms (Sponsor, then applicant) it might help...because if they follow just the application it will be easy for them to find.

Oh and lawyer did the index, then a summary of the relationship, and then additional documents index.....so if the officer has any question at all about any of the forms, they can refer to the index and find the page number of the documents.

Perhaps it was too much, and perhaps he was trying to justify his bills, but.....like many have said, it also ensures that you are organized and miss nothing when submitting.

When we did the interview, we submitted another 300 pages of supporting docs. And I did the index for that one. I really don't know what others have experienced, however I know what we did and what worked for us. Organization is good. keep in mind, these are gov't employees, they don't want to waste time. Make it easy for them.

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
Hi,

I did make a few tables for mine - one for each section (e.g. Sponsor, sponsored, and supporting documents),but I placed the checklist on top of everything. I did some post it notes as well for things that I thought would raise questions. I think it worked well as I did not get any email from them notifying they received my application, but only a landing appointment schedule in five months. I think presentation and organization will speed the process up. :)

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
I did a table of content and cover letter and label my 3 envelope into Sponsor, Sponsored Spouse & proof of relationship.

Yes, it is indeed giving me a peace of mind. I am mailing it out tomorrow. Yeahhhhh!!!!