+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone do a Table of Content for your PR application?

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
I am consolidating all my supporting documents and read some topics on how to organized it. Anyone have a Table of Content to share please. I read a topics on that but couldn't zoom in to see how she done up her Table of content.

Any useful helps are greatly appreciated. :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
babymistycat said:
I am consolidating all my supporting documents and read some topics on how to organized it. Anyone have a Table of Content to share please. I read a topics on that but couldn't zoom in to see how she done up her Table of content.

It's not requested or required. The checklist is all that is needed. Don't waste your time.

Mrs. Mekeni

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-05-2016
I agree with the previous poster. If you want to make one for your own peace of mind, you can definitely do so. However, you don't have to follow I specific format. I just followed the sponsor's check list. I didn't even use paper clips or extra envelopes (except for the photos specified in Appendix B). My application was literally in one pile, in an envelope. Everything's good so far. Apparently, CIC will end up reorganizing everything anyway. Again, if you want to, you can go ahead and organize the application your own way. It doesn't matter to the visa officers though :)

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Another thing, do i really need to write Client ID (UCI No.) on all my forms? I had already printed out most of the forms (proof of relationship) that i indicate the IMMxxxx, my full name but did not include Client ID though. I just wondered is it necessary, i will have to either reprint or write it in pen which look ugly.

jr4210

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
5-03-2016 / SA 17-03-2016
File Transfer...
28-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-10-2016
babymistycat said:
Another thing, do i really need to write Client ID (UCI No.) on all my forms? I had already printed out most of the forms (proof of relationship) that i indicate the IMMxxxx, my full name but did not include Client ID though. I just wondered is it necessary, i will have to either reprint or write it in pen which look ugly.
We had one but didn't know what it was, so we didn't write it. Didn't make a difference. We ended up getting our AOR1 and AOR2 as normal and the AOR2 reconfirmed the UCI.

Mrs. Mekeni

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-05-2016
Same here. My husband didn't know that he had a UCI from his previous TRV applications but it didn't make a difference.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
babymistycat said:

I disagree with the above opinions.

Organizing your application and putting a table of contents to make it easier for the officer to locate things will show that you care about your application. Showing you're organized and took the time to present it well will have a positive affect subconsciously on your application to the person who opens the file. Yes, they will reorganize it, but at least the won't have to flip through hundreds of pages to find things they want to group together. A neat and tidy application that directs the person to exactly what they are looking for with ease is by far the best approach in my opinion.

We put sponsor forms, PA forms, and proof of relationship all in separate envelopes, each with its own table of contents that explained exactly what was included in a numbered format, as many of the items are actually not on the checklist especially the proof of relationship, and we wrote how many pages each separate thing consisted of. We then attached a sticky tab with a corresponding number as stated in the table of contents on a cover sheet for everything we submitted. Example on the table of contents "Tab 8- Proof of Upfront Medical Exam- 1 page" and then in the application a cover sheet that stated Proof of medical exam with a sticky tab with an 8 on it. We placed the table of contents directly underneath the barcodes and so anyone who opened our file could immediately find anything they were looking for.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
ImABule said:

Organizing your application and putting a table of contents to make it easier for the officer to locate things will show that you care about your application. Showing you're organized and took the time to present it well will have a positive affect subconsciously on your application to the person who opens the file. Yes, they will reorganize it, but at least the won't have to flip through hundreds of pages to find things they want to group together. A neat and tidy application that directs the person to exactly what they are looking for with ease is by far the best approach in my opinion.

We put sponsor forms, PA forms, and proof of relationship all in separate envelopes, each with its own table of contents that explained exactly what was included in a numbered format, as many of the items are actually not on the checklist especially the proof of relationship, and we wrote how many pages each separate thing consisted of. We then attached a sticky tab with a corresponding number as stated in the table of contents on a cover sheet for everything we submitted. Example on the table of contents "Tab 8- Proof of Upfront Medical Exam- 1 page" and then in the application a cover sheet that stated Proof of medical exam with a sticky tab with an 8 on it. We placed the table of contents directly underneath the barcodes and so anyone who opened our file could immediately find anything they were looking for.
Thank you for your detailed reply. Can i ask what kind of header do you write on the table of content. I saw a sample but could't make out what the header (4 column) wrote except content and pages.

I thought since i got a whole long weekend to work on before submitting it. I could organize it nicely. :)

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
ImABule said:

As someone who had his application returned and has seen what happens in Mississauga I disagree with this post. Of course it should be neat and tidy. Everything else will get shredded and the person organizing it puts it into an order that in no way resembles you efforts. They are also not the person making the decision about your file until it is in their order.
Organize it following the checklist in three envelopes then in a big envelope. A cover letter that gives a basic introduction and any special note you may want to make aware.
Tables of contents, tabs etc will only interfere with electronic scanning.
By the way if I had spent less time worrying about organizing I might have noticed I miscalculated the fee

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
babymistycat said:
Thank you for your detailed reply. Can i ask what kind of header do you write on the table of content. I saw a sample but could't make out what the header (4 column) wrote except content and pages.

I thought since i got a whole long weekend to work on before submitting it. I could organize it nicely. :)
I simply put "Sponsor Application Forms and Supporting Documents" etc

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Sous02 said:
As someone who had his application returned and has seen what happens in Mississauga I disagree with this post. Of course it should be neat and tidy. Everything else will get shredded and the person organizing it puts it into an order that in no way resembles you efforts. They are also not the person making the decision about your file until it is in their order.
Organize it following the checklist in three envelopes then in a big envelope. A cover letter that gives a basic introduction and any special note you may want to make aware.
Tables of contents, tabs etc will only interfere with electronic scanning.
By the way if I had spent less time worrying about organizing I might have noticed I miscalculated the fee
I did organize it in order of the checklist, I just added a table of contents and a cover page for each thing on the checklist with a tab on it corresponding to the table. Therefore none of the actual required paperwork had anything on it that would interfere whatsoever with the scanning process.

As I said, I'm aware they will reorganize the way they want, and for the extra hour it took to organize the application in a way they didn't have to tear it apart to reorganize it, I think it was well worth the effort to have my file look presentable. If anything, what I did aided their process of arranging it the way they want. We also employed the three envelope inside a larger package strategy, although we ended up with 6 envelopes due to the amount of relationship proofs we sent.

In any case, thanks the the "-1" ;)

Reactions: kiranzya

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Personally, I think adding a cover letter for the extra documents is a good idea. Put the header as 'Table of Contents: Proof of Relationship' or something along those lines. Then for example:
1. pages 1 - 100: phone bills
2. pages 101 - 105: sponsor's email log
3. pages 106 - 111: letters of support from sponsor's family and friends
And so on. I would also number the pages.

This is not necessary, but it won't hurt. If the visa officer wants to throw out the table of contents, fine, but keeping it will end up helping them. Having things organized will help you as well as you are putting the application together.

Having the pages numbered and a table of contents (keep a copy of your application) will also help if the application is returned and you have to resend it, or if the case goes to appeal.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
canadianwoman said:
Personally, I think adding a cover letter for the extra documents is a good idea. Put the header as 'Table of Contents: Proof of Relationship' or something along those lines. Then for example:
1. pages 1 - 100: phone bills
2. pages 101 - 105: sponsor's email log
3. pages 106 - 111: letters of support from sponsor's family and friends
And so on. I would also number the pages.

This is not necessary, but it won't hurt. If the visa officer wants to throw out the table of contents, fine, but keeping it will end up helping them. Having things organized will help you as well as you are putting the application together.

Having the pages numbered and a table of contents (keep a copy of your application) will also help if the application is returned and you have to resend it, or if the case goes to appeal.
Completely agreed.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
We did a table of contents, but it was more for our own peace of mind that we didn't miss anything. We didn't put page numbers as we know the CIC agent just puts it in their own order. We just put in the number of pages per item. We used the categories:

Barcode pages
Forms
Documents
Fees
Proof of relationship

http://taejusoul.tistory.com/618