+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone can share the email to reschedule the oath ceremony for Scarborough Office?

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
You'd be surprised how many idiots there are on this planet...
Agree with you.

but my point is that there should be a way to bring applicants' concerns directly to the officer who processes the applications, which is very diffcult at this moment.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Agree with you.

but my point is that there should be a way to bring applicants' concerns directly to the officer who processes the applications, which is very different at this moment.
My process happened early during the online transition, and I had to email my passport scans to a centralized Scarborough office email address...and previously, some have reported they had to email their passport scans to the officer directly. (I also ended up knowing the name and contact details of my citizenship officer for the oath.)

They've since shifted to requesting passport scans by physical mail.

So it looks like they've already tried the route you described, but it didn't work out.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
My process happened early during the online transition, and I had to email my passport scans to a centralized Scarborough office email address...and previously, some have reported they had to email their passport scans to the officer directly. (I also ended up knowing the name and contact details of my citizenship officer for the oath.)

They've since shifted to requesting passport scans by physical mail.

So it looks like they've already tried the route you described, but it didn't work out.

This is interesting and I would like to chat with you for more details. Would be able to send me an email at: zhandaohust@gmail.com? as I can not message you.

Thanks a million.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is interesting and I would like to chat with you for more details. Would be able to send me an email at: zhandaohust@gmail.com? as I can not message you.

Thanks a million.
I'm not sure what other special insight I can offer privately. I've already shared everything I know about the citizenship application process in this forum, mainly in this IRCC Scarborough thread below (to narrow it down, my test, interview, and oath happened between March to June 2021), and other members have also described the early versions of the process here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-scarborough-applicants-online-test-interview-dm-oath.724014/

You can also use this forum's search function, or browse through my message history.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I'm not sure what other special insight I can offer privately. I've already shared everything I know about the citizenship application process in this forum, mainly in this IRCC Scarborough thread below (to narrow it down, my test, interview, and oath happened between March to June 2021), and other members have also described the early versions of the process here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-scarborough-applicants-online-test-interview-dm-oath.724014/

You can also use this forum's search function, or browse through my message history.
Thank you for the reply. I would like to discuss something that is not included here, So please let me know how we can get in touch privately.

Really need that and please help
Waiting for you. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for the reply. I would like to discuss something that is not included here, So please let me know how we can get in touch privately.

Really need that and please help
Waiting for you. Thanks a lot.
I'm only willing to be contacted publicly because I am no expert nor professional, and so other members can fill in with their own knowledge in areas I lack. Nothing personal at all, but it's also a safeguard from members getting wrong advice or information from me.

You can always start a new discussion or continue to ask in this thread.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I'm only willing to be contacted publicly because I am no expert nor professional, and so other members can fill in with their own knowledge in areas I lack. Nothing personal at all, but it's also a safeguard from members getting wrong advice or information from me.

You can always start a new discussion or continue to ask in this thread.
I was trying to ask you the name of the officer who processes your application and how you managed to get it. I believe this info should not be disclosed publically. This is the reason I posted my email as I can not send you a message privately.

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
How long did the it take CIC to reply your rescheduling oath ceremony email?

I am still waiting for their reply after a month. I emailed them that I was out of country a few days before my oath ceremony which was on Sept 15.

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
I just sent another email and received an automatic reply instantly, so not sure if the first email ever reached them!

insat3d

Aug 31, 2016
I just sent another email and received an automatic reply instantly, so not sure if the first email ever reached them!
Hello, were you able to get a rescheduled date yet? I am in the same boat with my Oath scheduled in Dec but I'll be away for a few weeks in Dec due to unavoidable circumstances. Hoping it doesn't get pushed out by many months!

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
Hello, were you able to get a rescheduled date yet? I am in the same boat with my Oath scheduled in Dec but I'll be away for a few weeks in Dec due to unavoidable circumstances. Hoping it doesn't get pushed out by many months!
Nothing from them so far.

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
Just logged into the status tracker and it says that my ceremony is now scheduled sometime in December.

FYI I did fill the web form a few days ago and requested for a reschedule of the ceremony as was mentioned on my initial invitation.

That means I did reply to the initial invitation email and asked for a reschedule, but did not fill the web form. I did read the email again and realized that I missed that then. I did fill the web form a few days ago and now my ceremony is rescheduled. I am still waiting for the actual invitation in my mailbox.

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
Just logged into the status tracker and it says that my ceremony is now scheduled sometime in December.

FYI I did fill the web form a few days ago and requested for a reschedule of the ceremony as was mentioned on my initial invitation.

That means I did reply to the initial invitation email and asked for a reschedule, but did not fill the web form. I did read the email again and realized that I missed that then. I did fill the web form a few days ago and now my ceremony is rescheduled. I am still waiting for the actual invitation in my mailbox.
I received the invitation today.