+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone can answer my question please!

mbk555

May 18, 2013
hello,

i overstayed in Canada for more than 1 year, recently i met with a woman ,she has a PR. she has only 6 months here ,and she was sponsored by her family..we agreed to get married . MY questions are : Does she has the right to sponsor me even she has been sponsored to come here to Canada? if she has the right to sponsor , are there any chances to get my permanent residence under spousal sponsorship though i overstayed in Canada? ..

thanks for all replies.

Scott2539

Star Member
May 18, 2013
B.C. Lower Mainland
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-28-2013
Doc's Request.
06-25-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-15-2013
You get overstaying is not a good thing to do. It is also a big reason why many people have trouble getting here in the first place. Also way the rules tougher by the year.

Good luck just the same.

in other countries we would be arrested for overstaying visas

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mbk555 said:
hello,

i overstayed in Canada for more than 1 year, recently i met with a woman ,she has a PR. she has only 6 months here ,and she was sponsored by her family..we agreed to get married . MY questions are : Does she has the right to sponsor me even she has been sponsored to come here to Canada? if she has the right to sponsor , are there any chances to get my permanent residence under spousal sponsorship though i overstayed in Canada? ..

thanks for all replies.
Yes, she is allowed to sponsor you if you get married. BUT if you just "recently" met her and will soon be getting married, there's a high chance you will be rejected because it will look like you are just getting married for immigration purposes and to stay in the country. It's better if you've had a relationship for at least around a year before doing any PR application.

mbk555

May 18, 2013
THANKS ROB_TO FOR YOUR REPLY , I DO APPRECIATE YOUR INTERESTING INFORMATIONS. JUST TO CLARIFY ONE THING , THE GIRL I MET HAS NO JOB NOW , SHE S ONLY 6 MONTHS IN CANADA .WE ARE PLANING TO GET MARRIED IN THE NEXT march . she has first to work and prove to the government that she s financially able to sponsor me...i am wondering what s the best thing to do ,is it advisable to apply within canada, or outside ? i am thinking that it can a be risk to apply inland since i lost my status long time, also my passport was expired..

thank you.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
If you dont have any dependent children she would need to sponsor as well then there are no minimum financial requirements. But of course you/ she need to explain how she is going to provide for you.

But you do need a valid passport for the application. That is important!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
mbk555 said:
THANKS ROB_TO FOR YOUR REPLY , I DO APPRECIATE YOUR INTERESTING INFORMATIONS. JUST TO CLARIFY ONE THING , THE GIRL I MET HAS NO JOB NOW , SHE S ONLY 6 MONTHS IN CANADA .WE ARE PLANING TO GET MARRIED IN THE NEXT march . she has first to work and prove to the government that she s financially able to sponsor me...i am wondering what s the best thing to do ,is it advisable to apply within canada, or outside ? i am thinking that it can a be risk to apply inland since i lost my status long time, also my passport was expired..

thank you.
It's best you leave before you're deported. That will make returning harder. Getting authorization to return to Canada make the process longer.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought that, a person who has been sponsored himself/herself in the last 5 years, can not sponsor someone else.

Also, if she is eligible to sponsor you anyway, then I would suggest you leave the country immediately. It is a long time till next March and you may get caught which will complicate the whole process.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
goodman36 said:
I thought that, a person who has been sponsored himself/herself in the last 5 years, can not sponsor someone else.

Also, if she is eligible to sponsor you anyway, then I would suggest you leave the country immediately. It is a long time till next March and you may get caught which will complicate the whole process.
That's if they were sponsored as a spouse. If the pr was a dependant on a parents FSW app (for example) they can sponsor immediately.