+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applying to University of Victoria(Fall 2016)

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
10th -91%
12th- 82%

B.Tech (CIVIL) - 7/10
GATE Score- 400
M.Tech (Structural)- 8/10
2- Research Internships in Canada
Publications- 4 research journal papers
No IELTS

Admitted into PhD in Mechanical Engineering with scholarship.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salliPak said:
Yes! And I have not seen a single admission offer except one guy on this forum. I am fearing a mass rejection.. :(
Mutual feeling here too... Not just Victoria, I have seen many top notch universities rejecting numerous international applications!... :(
I was surprised to see a decent profile to be rejected from Concordia University recently in this forum!..

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
Sparsha said:
Mutual feeling here too... Not just Victoria, I have seen many top notch universities rejecting numerous international applications!... :(
I was surprised to see a decent profile to be rejected from Concordia University recently in this forum!..
I think you fall under the "Mature Students" category..the applicants with more than 4 years of experience are eligible for this category and they receiver early offers..btw best of luck! I hope we all get in :)

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
hmrathod said:
10th -91%
12th- 82%

B.Tech (CIVIL) - 7/10
GATE Score- 400
M.Tech (Structural)- 8/10
2- Research Internships in Canada
Publications- 4 research journal papers
No IELTS

Admitted into PhD in Mechanical Engineering with scholarship.
Thank you! You had a great profile!

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salliPak said:
I think you fall under the "Mature Students" category..the applicants with more than 4 years of experience are eligible for this category and they receiver early offers..btw best of luck! I hope we all get in :)
Really? I never knew to this!...
Let's see.. Good luck to you too!.. :d

yog2104

Jan 9, 2016
Hi all,

I've applied to the MEng in Mech at Uvic with approval from a supervisor on November 4th 2015. I have a decent profile(No research, but 1.5 yrs in IT-es), but still haven't received an admit.

I read somewhere in this thread that we should wait until April Mid. Are the admits rolled out in stages? Like say first the Phd ones, then the MAsc ones and finally the MEng ones?

And one more thing, Is there an option to switch from the MEng to MAsc after the first year?

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
yog2104 said:
Hi all,

I've applied to the MEng in Mech at Uvic with approval from a supervisor on November 4th 2015. I have a decent profile(No research, but 1.5 yrs in IT-es), but still haven't received an admit.

I read somewhere in this thread that we should wait until April Mid. Are the admits rolled out in stages? Like say first the Phd ones, then the MAsc ones and finally the MEng ones?

And one more thing, Is there an option to switch from the MEng to MAsc after the first year?
I mailed the graduate secretary and he told me that they would hold files to mid April, but I have applied in MS in CS (Industrial Option) and I don't need a supervisor. You should e-mail the department to inquire about your status

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
@yog2104,

Yes you can transfer to MAsc. from MEng later if you want to.

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
Has anyone heard from the university? I mailed the graduate department and they replied that they will hold files upto mid April and if after that the file is not selected they will send a refusal mail. Does this mean I am currently not on admission list?

eladua

Feb 29, 2016
salliPak said:
Has anyone heard from the university? I mailed the graduate department and they replied that they will hold files upto mid April and if after that the file is not selected they will send a refusal mail. Does this mean I am currently not on admission list?
I contacted MTIS department, they replied that they are currently reviewing documents. How long will it take them to review the documents.

ghvk12

Mar 18, 2015
Hi,

I have sent a mail to Victoria regarding the delay 3 days back and here is the reply.

Hello Harsha,

This is normal. The Computer Science program typically takes this long or longer to make their entrance decisions.

Please note that there is no specific date by which the programs notify applicants of their entrance decisions.

While the bulk of our applicants will start receiving offers of admission in the next month, this window extends from now to the middle of September for Fall 2016 entry.

Please contact me if you need further assistance.

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
I contacted the computer science department(graduate secretary) too and received a very disappointing e-mail.

"Hello,
The Industrial files have all been reviewed and there is no waitlist. We will continue to hold the files until mid-April and then “refuse” those that we are not making offers to. At this date, it is unlikely that there will be an offer of admission."

Please note that I have applied to Industrial Option. I think I made a mistake while selecting the program because apparently they have received a large number of applications for this particular option, anyway best of luck to all waiting for decision!

yog2104

Jan 9, 2016
Got a similar mail from the graduate admissions office. I've been asked to wait for a decision, with no time frame mentioned. Just have to wait it out I guess. :-X

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
salliPak said:
I contacted the computer science department(graduate secretary) too and received a very disappointing e-mail.

"Hello,
The Industrial files have all been reviewed and there is no waitlist. We will continue to hold the files until mid-April and then “refuse” those that we are not making offers to. At this date, it is unlikely that there will be an offer of admission."

Please note that I have applied to Industrial Option. I think I made a mistake while selecting the program because apparently they have received a large number of applications for this particular option, anyway best of luck to all waiting for decision!
sorry to hear that but the university has decided to be strict when they review the industrial profile because of the poor performance by many students. Also they have to see other things like how many supervisors have the capability to grasp the students under their supervision as at the end you will need a supervisor to complete the course. People think its (industrial) is a easy way to get in university which was true till last year but not now. Good luck hope you get through something.

Also it all depends how good you presented your profile.

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
sushilsrk said:
sorry to hear that but the university has decided to be strict when they review the industrial profile because of the poor performance by many students. Also they have to see other things like how many supervisors have the capability to grasp the students under their supervision as at the end you will need a supervisor to complete the course. People think its (industrial) is a easy way to get in university which was true till last year but not now. Good luck hope you get through something.

Also it all depends how good you presented your profile.
Thanks for the valuable information..