+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applying to University of Victoria(Fall 2016)

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Sparsha said:
Hi sushilsrk,

That was really a very good information.

Thanks for saving my chances of admission.. It was your honest opinion... Glad about it.
I personally don't have much questions. Big Data is a very good field. Good luck to you on that.
I am just waiting on my admission chances, post that I may have several questions to badger you..

I guess everyone in this thread got a picture of University of Victoria for MS in CS. I heard the Coop option is very good in this university. Well, currently I am just like you before you joined the university ("I can easily do that as I have experience or I am smart") :p
It's kinda eye opening for me ;)

Is there anything (morally or technically) you wanted me to brush my brain up on? Like learn something. I know it totally depends on interest ;)...

Anyways one huge word - "THANKS"! :)
morally - dont have a long term relationship. interact with people when u r in school(thats what they call here college or university as) and technically enjoy your time at uvic, time management and follow your dream. Never fear.

Thanks for the wishes but i m not at all in big data anymore :)

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
sushilsrk said:
morally - dont have a long term relationship. interact with people when u r in school(thats what they call here college or university as) and technically enjoy your time at uvic, time management and follow your dream. Never fear.

Thanks for the wishes but i m not at all in big data anymore :)
Hey sushilsrk,
Can you please clarify the total fee for the entire industrial program.
It is kind of ambiguously written on there website. You have been through the process and would hopefully know the approximate amount.
Thanks

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
well the thumb rule u have to pay a fees for minimum 5 terms (even if you pass in 3) same for every thing course/industrial/thesis if they have not change anything. co-op terms are not included in it.
so if you do 5 terms of education and 2 terms of co-op it will cost u nearly 16k. this does not include your medical plan which is 75$ /month.
if you dont do co-op then it will be around 14500. does that help?

living cost totally on you. Make sure you have a backup in case you dont get a job then what you will do? as everyone think they can do it but it will backfire at some day. my message is not to scare you but to prepare you that there are people who haven't got job yet and then bank loan scares them which is eventually giving them stress. if u r just doing things for PR go for the pr process directly its easy and fast now. good luck

haris00 said:
Hey sushilsrk,
Can you please clarify the total fee for the entire industrial program.
It is kind of ambiguously written on there website. You have been through the process and would hopefully know the approximate amount.
Thanks

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
sushilsrk said:
well the thumb rule u have to pay a fees for minimum 5 terms (even if you pass in 3) same for every thing course/industrial/thesis if they have not change anything. co-op terms are not included in it.
so if you do 5 terms of education and 2 terms of co-op it will cost u nearly 16k. this does not include your medical plan which is 75$ /month.
if you dont do co-op then it will be around 14500. does that help?

living cost totally on you. Make sure you have a backup in case you dont get a job then what you will do? as everyone think they can do it but it will backfire at some day. my message is not to scare you but to prepare you that there are people who haven't got job yet and then bank loan scares them which is eventually giving them stress. if u r just doing things for PR go for the pr process directly its easy and fast now. good luck
Yes, this helps. Thanks a lot

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
sushilsrk said:
seems i answered every question. either everyone is satisfied or scared :)
Hi sushilsrk,
Thank you so much for your help.
When do you think UVic roles out admission decisions?
And, how much time they give to accept the decision?
Thanks

ghvk12

Mar 18, 2015
Sparsha said:
@ ghvk12

Sure... I think we need to give the university time till Jan ending... Have you applied for industrial option?
@sparsha

Yes I have applied for industrial option only. Have u given ur GRE?

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
March end or early April

haris00 said:
Hi sushilsrk,
Thank you so much for your help.
When do you think UVic roles out admission decisions?
And, how much time they give to accept the decision?
Thanks

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @sushilsrk

I wanted to know about any part time jobs as in the vicinity of the university for students like us?.. How about that area?.. Also I wanted to know whether we would land up in Toronto for an IT job, right? or is there are good scope for job opportunities post graduation n Victoria province only..

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghvk12 said:
@sparsha

Yes I have applied for industrial option only. Have u given ur GRE?
@ghvk12

No I haven't given GRE... I have applied with IELTS only ... Any reply from the Universities?

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Hey

I am sorry for responding late. being a master student doing a part time jobs is hectic. you can land up in cashier jobs but the timings will be odd as u will be part-time. The money is not significant its 10$ per hour and you cant work more then 20 hours a week. IT jobs are well paid on west coast. You dont have much opportunities in victoria but vancouver is improving. You will get higher packages in toronto as they compensate life with money. Victoria is not a province. BC is province and Victoria is a capital of the province.

Sparsha said:
Hi @sushilsrk

I wanted to know about any part time jobs as in the vicinity of the university for students like us?.. How about that area?.. Also I wanted to know whether we would land up in Toronto for an IT job, right? or is there are good scope for job opportunities post graduation n Victoria province only..

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushilsrk said:
Hey

I am sorry for responding late. being a master student doing a part time jobs is hectic. you can land up in cashier jobs but the timings will be odd as u will be part-time. The money is not significant its 10$ per hour and you cant work more then 20 hours a week. IT jobs are well paid on west coast. You dont have much opportunities in victoria but vancouver is improving. You will get higher packages in toronto as they compensate life with money. Victoria is not a province. BC is province and Victoria is a capital of the province.
Thanks Sushilsrk for your inputs...
I have two universities left-
1) University of Victoria - MS in CS (Industrial Option)
2) University of Manitoba - Ms in CS Course Work
Do you think I need to apply to another university, just in case, though most of the top universities deadlines have crossed!...

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
i have no idea abt ur profile and i dont know what criteria they will use to make a decision.
BUt getting in uvic industrial option is still easy then other programs. i wont waste money on application of other colleges which dont have a good reputation.

Sparsha said:
Thanks Sushilsrk for your inputs...
I have two universities left-
1) University of Victoria - MS in CS (Industrial Option)
2) University of Manitoba - Ms in CS Course Work
Do you think I need to apply to another university, just in case, though most of the top universities deadlines have crossed!...

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I thought on those terms too...
I planned for the below universities left-
1) Ryerson Univ (I suppose it has good reputation)
2) Lakehead University
3) University of Windsor

My profile-
UG (ECE)- 72.34%
Work Exp -4.6 years
IELTS - 7.5
12th - 92.9%
10th - 83.14%

Also I wanted to know if I stand a chance for Course Work there, if I make an appeal to change from Industrial option to Course Work.. I am tensed about this.. Should I approach any supervisor for this... What do you suggest?.. I am in a dilemma, I don't wana lose this university, I applied for course wok for every university except this..

Any inputs are welcomed! :)

prabh2920

Feb 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
My profile is
10th -88%
12 - 85%
B.tech in ece -69.12%(no backlogs)
IELTS - 7 BANDS
Plz tell me can I get admission in Victoria university.. If not, in which universities should I apply??