+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone Applied SDS stream in September 2020 and got updates with thier application for AIP

Clari

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Wanted to know ,how long can it take if I applied in September 9th,My Biometric and medicals we're submitted just that background check is in progress and eligibility didn't start yet ... Anyone got any updates

Random_guy

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I can't predict how long will it take but I'll advise you don't have a high expectation for fast result. I applied on 14 Aug, SDS from India, and I remember checking my email every hour or so on daily bases. The first thing I used to do after waking up was to check my email with high hopes. As of today, I have not received a single update about my application. This is not to say that you won't get an early result, and it could be the case that you get your result before me, but the thing is, having high hopes in limbo state is really, trust me really frustrating. Check your email and Gic account once a day and after that forget that you even applied for a study permit.

Reactions: Clari

Clari

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I can't predict how long will it take but I'll advise you don't have a high expectation for fast result. I applied on 14 Aug, SDS from India, and I remember checking my email every hour or so on daily bases. The first thing I used to do after waking up was to check my email with high hopes. As of today, I have not received a single update about my application. This is not to say that you won't get an early result, and it could be the case that you get your result before me, but the thing is, having high hopes in limbo state is really, trust me really frustrating. Check your email and Gic account once a day and after that forget that you even applied for a study permit.
Yes it's so true... I don't have high hopes.. but I see ppl applied on September some have got ... Got lil curious to know ....I just cancel dates on my calendar and count days that's it

Random_guy

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Yes it's so true... I don't have high hopes.. but I see ppl applied on September some have got ... Got lil curious to know ....I just cancel dates on my calendar and count days that's it
From what I seen, the duration of the result generally depends on the country. Countries with small application numbers get fast results. I believe country plays a big role in how IRCC sort/queue the applications.

Clari

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
From what I seen, the duration of the result generally depends on the country. Countries with small application numbers get fast results. I believe country plays a big role in how IRCC sort/queue the applications.
I applied from India too

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Wanted to know ,how long can it take if I applied in September 9th,My Biometric and medicals we're submitted just that background check is in progress and eligibility didn't start yet ... Anyone got any updates
Did your medicals and biometrics have been updated in the portal ?