+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
Hi po, na refuse din ako last Sept 9, 2020 for Sept intake nag defer ako for Fall 2021 ang grounds po mostly sa financial & family ties. Now my agent suggest to pay 1 year tuition, GIC 1 year & show money na 1.5M. I'm 40 years old and taking 2 year Diploma course Business Administration - Accounting. I am a graduate of Bsiness Administaration -Economics.
Hi, what's the name of your agency in Cebu if you don't mind? I'm looking for a reliable agency.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
I'm not sure how they will accept a graduate certificate. I guess it's just a matter of justification. And try to highlight the benefit of you getting the additional studies. I showed a computation of my ROI and a job offer after I complete my studies. The job offer states that I will be promoted once I complete my studies.
Thanks Sir. I did include po na I needed the program to be promoted in my SOP, pero the VO rejected me pa rin I also tried every justification for every sop I did (3 stops after my first rejection), and it reached around 3 pages for the justification, but still rejected.

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
You're welcome. But why not go for IELTS?
I've experienced PTE and it's more easier for me than IELTS lol.

Anyway, for SDS, is it IELTS Academic or General? Usually schools accept IELTS Academic and I guess for applying student permit/visa, it's IELTS General. So, students have to take IELTS twice if ever should they decide to lodge via SDS. Great if school does not require any Language test for admission.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I've experienced PTE and it's more easier for me than IELTS lol.

Anyway, for SDS, is it IELTS Academic or General? Usually schools accept IELTS Academic and I guess for applying student permit/visa, it's IELTS General. So, students have to take IELTS twice if ever should they decide to lodge via SDS. Great if school does not require any Language test for admission.
For schools usually they require the Academic IELTS. For the sds application, you can submit either.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/direct-stream.html#toc02