+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Blauer Adler

Jan 12, 2020
Category........
Anyone here supposed to start this May 2020? What are you planning to do now if you haven't entered Canada?
The university emailed me and gave me three options: defer to either September 2020 or January 2021 intakes or receive full refund. I chose to defer to September 2020 intake. If things would not improve by fall, I may opt for the full refund and reassess my study plans abroad.

faitht

Apr 4, 2020
Hi! How was your application? I'm also a RN in PH. I graduated March 2019 and took the November 2019 NLE. No work experience. I got my LOA for PSW from Centennial College for September 2020 intake. I already paid my deposit fee, the 1st semester tuition and then apply for study permit. I'm also afraid of getting rejected. :/

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hello, may gumawa ba dito na kumuha ng 1 year certificate from School A, then another 1 year certificate from School B. I need two-year course so that I would qualify for 3 years PGWP. It's just that its hard to get a course that I like from one school only. May nakagawa na ba nito?

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Hello everyone, hope you are all safe. Question lang po, yung mga September 2020 intake, did you consider deferring to Jan 2021 intake nalang? Salamat po! And stay safe

jazzyc

Jan 17, 2020
Hello everyone, hope you are all safe. Question lang po, yung mga September 2020 intake, did you consider deferring to Jan 2021 intake nalang? Salamat po! And stay safe
My daughters are scheduled for August intake and September, we will wait on how this current situation affects their travel and school opening policy by July. It will be dependent to that or so we decided.

Reactions: dncm15

rey castillo

May 4, 2020
Good morning po sa inyong lahat. Hihingi lang sana ako ng advice or suggestion sa Inyo. Those who are in the same boat. I want to help my brother na makapag apply sa Student Direct Stream. He is only 18 years old. I will shoulder the cost of his living expenses, like sa bahay, food, clothing, gas, etc. Ako din yung mag fund ng GIC Certificate Nya and magbayad ng 1 year tuition fee nya. My mom just passed away a week ago and si tatay na lang yung kasama Nya sa bahay. Kakatapos lang ng kapatid ko sa grade-12. So gusto ko sana na sa Canada na lang sya mag aral this coming Fall. My question is: Meron ba sa Inyo na nag apply who is only 18 years old and eventually na-approve sa SDS program? Thank you ng marami sa mga makakasagot. Your help will be appreciated.

P.S.
I am living here sa AB, Canada. I am a Permanent Resident and my wife is a Canadian citizen. I am also a student at Portage College. Taking Practical Nursing. I'm on my second year. Thank you ng marami.

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and planning to apply for the regular stream student permit application next year, along with a SOWP for him (since by then my partner and I will be classifies as common law partners). I will also apply for a visa for my infant child. I have heard mixed stories about families being approved together/denied for a student visa. What do you think are our chances for next year? Sa BC and plan ko na mag study. Also, how much do we need to provide in CAD$ as cost of living expense for me, my partner and infant child (apart from the tuition fee)? Thank you very much.