+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Freddiruch

Nov 3, 2019
Hi. I did - got our approval last Sept. Yes it can be via GIC - it's what I did. I also included bank cert from our joint account for additional funds (doesn't hurt to provide a lil extra :) ) I included a short explanation letter regarding what is accounted under GIC and joint account.
Thanks for the reply Ms.Cutler.

additional question lang po, hindi na po hiningan ng proof of funds si spouse niyo?
then sa SOP na-mention niyo dn po ba ung purpose na pag join ng Spouse niyo?

Sorry dami po tanong. Thank you so much!

Freddiruch

Nov 3, 2019
Thanks for the reply Ms.Cutler.

additional question lang po, hindi na po hiningan ng proof of funds si spouse niyo?
then sa SOP na-mention niyo dn po ba ung purpose na pag join ng Spouse niyo?

Sorry dami po tanong. Thank you so much!
Hi Ms.Cutler,

I backread your previous post and saw your experience with your husband. I think that answered my question. Thank you!

Reactions: MsCutler

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Thank
Yes - i think you can still use it so long as you didnt request it to be returned/its still active. GIC is still fine even if for regular. You can post your SOP here or pm it to me (delete any confidential or sensitive personal info) - willing to help :)
Thank you so much! Ano po email nyo? Email ko na lang po nirerevise ko pa po sya ngayon then send ko din po... So pwede ko po sya ipakitang proof ng funds ko? Di ko pa po nakukuha sa BPI yung pinala resibo ng wire transfer mula July eh.

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
I totally understand where you're coming from. The waiting and the pressure are both really stressful. Hopefully everything will go well for you this time :) For your spouse- you can apply sowp for him once you're approved (before or when you arrive in Canada) so it's still pòssible for you to travel together or just wait for him in Canada for a little time if everything goes well :)
Hi MsCutler. I just received this message from the VFS. What could it possibly mean po? I received the same message the last time my application was rejected.

Visa application, tracking ID No. 20191024PHMNSTU38241 ? Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2019-11-06 11:49:22 PM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
Thank you po.. kinabahan din ako kaya pero prayers wla naman tayo magagawa kng hindi maghintay.. sana nga positive para okay nah..
Hi po. Nung nag apply po ba kayo, may narereceive din kayo na text and email updates from the VFS. I was refused last august and now i am re applying. Tapos just today i received this message.

Visa application, tracking ID No. 20191024PHMNSTU38241 ? Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2019-11-06 11:49:22 PM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.

Ganitong message din ang nareceived ko before. Kaya kinakabahan ako. Baka denied na naman po ako.

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
Hi,

Thank you, really appreciate it. Yes, I have decided to get a consultant for my 3rd app as well. Through my CAIPS notes, I found out I got the same VO as last time (same ID no.), and it seemed that they weren't really convinced by my explanation. I'm also considering changing my program to a post-grad one. Hopefully the result this time will be positive. Best of luck to you as well!
Hi. How to know if your VO is the same VO as your last application?

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
Hello,

Biometric Correspondence Letter po.
Hi po. How did you know po na approved yung visa? May email po ba kayo na nareceive or dun na po ninyo nalaman pagdating ng passport nyo? Ako kasi may nareceived din na correspondence letter ng biometrics. Tapos after two days may nareceive ako na ready na ang processed decision envelope ko. Ano po ibig sabihin nito? Hint po ba ito ng refusal? I was refused last august po para sa sept na intake. Tapos ganito din talaga na text and email ang nareceive ko. Sabi kasi nila, if approved ako, may email ako na mareceive na approved ang visa ko. Please help po. Kinakabahan na po talaga ako.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thank

Thank you so much! Ano po email nyo? Email ko na lang po nirerevise ko pa po sya ngayon then send ko din po... So pwede ko po sya ipakitang proof ng funds ko? Di ko pa po nakukuha sa BPI yung pinala resibo ng wire transfer mula July eh.
Yes I think you can still submit the gic letter you received, you don't need to submit the bpi receipt. To put your mind at ease and to make sure you can also email the bank to confirm if the gic letter is still good for your next application :) You can just pm your sop in this forum as its easier for me to navigate :)

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi MsCutler. I just received this message from the VFS. What could it possibly mean po? I received the same message the last time my application was rejected.

Hi. It can mean either way. Is your paper app linked to your gckey account? If so then you can check your gckey account to know the status. You can check your result by going to the final decision portion. Hoping the best for you :)

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
Hi. It can mean either way. Is your paper app linked to your gckey account? If so then you can check your gckey account to know the status. You can check your result by going to the final decision portion. Hoping the best for you :)
Hi MsCutler. I did not link my paper app to my gckey account. Is it too late to do it now? Just now, i received a text and email that my decision envelope was couriered already.

May tanong din ako, after you received your biometric correspondence letter, how did you know na approved po visa niyo? Thru email po ba or thru online?

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi MsCutler. I did not link my paper app to my gckey account. Is it too late to do it now? Just now, i received a text and email that my decision envelope was couriered already.

May tanong din ako, after you received your biometric correspondence letter, how did you know na approved po visa niyo? Thru email po ba or thru online?
Not sure if its too late as I haven't tried it but you can certainly try to put your mind at ease :)

For me since I applied online everything was communicated to me via my gckey account. For mine I received my biometrics correspondence the same time I was approved. The bio correspondence and passport request letter (for paperbased this may not be applicable as I know you submit your passport in advance) was given to me via my gckey- it was attached there. My final decision status also got updated to approved.

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Yes I think you can still submit the gic letter you received, you don't need to submit the bpi receipt. To put your mind at ease and to make sure you can also email the bank to confirm if the gic letter is still good for your next application :) You can just pm your sop in this forum as its easier for me to navigate :)
Oh okay thanks much .. I'll just finish the revision then send it to you

Reactions: MsCutler

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Hello everybody! Today my visa got approved, I wanna share my timeline:
Non SDS, Paper based application

October 15- Upfront Medical
October 16- Submission of Application and Biometrics (also submitted the passport)
October 16- Biometrics Updated
October 18- Background check completed
October 31- Passed Medical exam
November 6- Got my Correspondence Letter for Biometrics
-Eligibility has been reviewed
November 7- Application was APPROVED!

Good luck on your journey guys!

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Hello guys!

I've noticed 99% of visa refusal is because the SOP isn't good or convincing enough, so I'm sharing with you a guide on how to make a good SOP:
  • Introduction: Applicant's background and brief family description
  • Educational background and working experience
  • Interest in the field chosen and reason to study abroad
  • Immediate and long term goals
  • Reasons for deciding to pursue education in Canada and at a particular institution
  • Who will support your studies financially, your relationship to them and reason
  • Ties you have to your home country as your reason to comeback
  • Benefit of Canadian diploma or certificate in your future career
It should be in a letter format addressed to the visa officer. At least 2-3 pages, it must be direct to the point, objective and factual SOP.

HELPFUL TIPS:
  • Include at least 10 job prospects (just search online and print screen) with your application to assure the VO that you have lots of job opportunities in your home country once you go back and it must be related to the program that you have chosen to study in Canada.
  • Never mention or hint in your SOP that you'll be staying in Canada after your study or seek employment there even if you're planning to do so. You have to convince the VO that your sole purpose of going to Canada is to just study.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :)