+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
There isn't one for police certificate. Maybe it's different when it's through SDS?
They don't require police certificate in SDS.

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hello lilliecutie...i appreciate and admire your attitude of gratitude by paying forward whatever blessings you received... i just want to know if you have any idea about the chances of our 1st batch of the k12 (senior high) graduates to get a student visa for Canada...those who want to study abroad rather than here in the Philippines...my daughter belongs to the1st batch...and she is in 2nd year college now at one of the top universities in Quezon City...but she wants to continue her studies in Canada and planning to take 2-year diploma business course program in an Ontario College...

Thank you for whatever inputs you want to share
Hello Anyw, I'm not familiar with the statistics. But I believe it's worth giving that application a shot. After all, it's no longer uncommon for Filipino kids to pursue their college education abroad. I don't know anyone in particular who has traveled to Canada for college. I know a few though who went to college in the States and the UK. But I think it makes sense to choose Canada over those two other countries these days for the following reasons: 1) Canada's education is world class, and at par in terms of quality with that of the States and the UK; 2) It's a lot less expensive.

Your daughter might want to put emphasis on those two points when she writes her statement of purpose. In addition, make sure she explains why she has decided to take the program in North America, and how studying abroad would give her an edge over her competition when she comes back to the Philippines after graduation to pursue her career here. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Ciouxy

Aug 14, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-07-2019
Hi guys,

I can't renew my NBI clearance because mine hasn't expired yet. Am I allowed to get a new one? When do I submit it because when I passed my application, it didn't have one for it. Thank you!
Yes pwede naman po kumuha. Ako nirequire ako kumuha ng bago kahit hindi pa expired NBI ko, gusto nila 3 months palang siyang bago.

Jeanipie16

Oct 11, 2018
Goodmorning po sa lahat,

Kakalabas lng po ng result sa SP ko, approved!!!

Timeline:
July 15 - upfront med
July 20 - application for SDS. DIY po ako
July 24 - biometrics
Aug 16 - medical passed
Aug 16 - additional information request-police certificate
Aug 20 - biometrics letter and PPR

Thank you and god bless!

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Goodmorning po sa lahat,

Kakalabas lng po ng result sa SP ko, approved!!!

Timeline:
July 15 - upfront med
July 20 - application for SDS. DIY po ako
July 24 - biometrics
Aug 16 - medical passed
Aug 16 - additional information request-police certificate
Aug 20 - biometrics letter and PPR

Thank you and god bless!
Congrats!