+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
Hello, good morning..
Just want to ask..
Is it only scotiabank that offers GIC for international students? How about TD or RBC?..thank you

That's the most recommended among all po. Not sure with the other banks po.

Reactions: Anyw

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
Hello! Hope someone help me.
Mine is regular stream paper based vfs manila. Solo application with agent. Lodge and biometrics done on july 4th. I have difficulties of linking my application to online gckey account thus I cant share my timeline. I also have no updated emails from vfs apart from the confirmation that my documents were in process in IRCC office last july 5th. Is it okay to just wait from their emails and not link or have gckey account? TIA.
Did you declare your agent as your representative for your application? If yes, you won't be able to link your account thru GCkey. Only your agent can do it.

VFS will only send you updates in regards of whereabouts of your applications, if it has been dispatched to/from IRCC.

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Did you declare your agent as your representative for your application? If yes, you won't be able to link your account thru GCkey. Only your agent can do it.

VFS will only send you updates in regards of whereabouts of your applications, if it has been dispatched to/from IRCC.
@mrsm2016 Yes, I guess. Remembered with one of the forms (not sure which IMM's forms), I saw their email address so it might because of that. Now, it left me no choice but to wait. Sana favorable po ang response. Salamat po @mrsm2016.

Reactions: roks and mrsm2016

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
@mrsm2016 Yes, I guess. Remembered with one of the forms (not sure which IMM's forms), I saw their email address so it might because of that. Now, it left me no choice but to wait. Sana favorable po ang response. Salamat po @mrsm2016.
You can ask your agent naman po in regards the status of your app, and for sure they will update you when they receive an email.

Reactions: roks

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Yes po, I will. I have hesitations pa po kung magpapa-defer ako next intake since it really takes so much time pag regular paper based. Although its only been a month pa lang naman po since I lodge my app but school starts on sept3. And if ever worst response comes and got refusal (sorry for being negative but Im just thinking if thats the case), I might have not enough time to have the full withdraw/refund from the school. Thanks so much po!

Reactions: roks and mrsm2016

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Yes po, I will. I have hesitations pa po kung magpapa-defer ako next intake since it really takes so much time pag regular paper based. Although its only been a month pa lang naman po since I lodge my app but school starts on sept3. And if ever worst response comes and got refusal (sorry for being negative but Im just thinking if thats the case), I might have not enough time to have the full withdraw/refund from the school. Thanks so much po!
@mrsm2016

Reactions: mrsm2016

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hello, good morning..
Just want to ask..
Is it only scotiabank that offers GIC for international students? How about TD or RBC?..thank you
Hi, I used CIBC for my GIC, after comparing with Scotia Bank. There is no added CAD$200 for the deposit, and the process was easier. They emailed my GIC less than a week after the wire transfer. CIBC was also quick to respond to queries.

Reactions: Anyw and roks

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hello friends,

Ask ko lang po kung paano po makapagopen ng bank account sa Canada. I read somewhere here na may nkpagopen. I just need the bank's name or the link.

~~~~~~~~~

Also, our family decided to defer for one year to prepare well. Thank you all for your words of encouragement here on the thread and via p.m. To all who got their most-awaited decision:
  • Favorable - May the good Lord bless you and your family as you pursue your aspiration.
  • Not so favorable - God is good. He is our great Protector and Provider. He'll see us through on our next application.
This week, we may have forummates whose application reached a decision. They may not share their application's status, hence, let's honor their desire to be silent.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

To date, we're looking forward to roks', donday's and Aninej_nohce's update whose forecasted date of decision is August 9th. Hunyo dyes' forecast is August 8th.

God bless us all!

Do you plan to apply via SDS? For my GIC, I used CIBC, but a friend of mine who lives in Toronto said that ROyal Bank of Canada or RBC is better for new accounts.

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi, I used CIBC for my GIC, after comparing with Scotia Bank. There is no added CAD$200 for the deposit, and the process was easier. They emailed my GIC less than a week after the wire transfer. CIBC was also quick to respond to queries.
Is it available in Nova scotia? Thanks!

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Wow. Di ko naisip na i-check 'yung CIBC nung nag-apply ako for a GIC. Totoo nga, 'yung 200 CAD na service fee, ang steep din talaga. I went with Scotiabank also because it seemed to be everyone else's go-to bank for their GICs. I wish I did my research in that area.

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Wow. Di ko naisip na i-check 'yung CIBC nung nag-apply ako for a GIC. Totoo nga, 'yung 200 CAD na service fee, ang steep din talaga. I went with Scotiabank also because it seemed to be everyone else's go-to bank for their GICs. I wish I did my research in that area.
I checked the list of banks for GIC kasi, and yun nga CIBC turned out to be better. Plus din kasi they allow US dollars for the transaction. although you need to have an existing account here in the Phils for that. Mine was with BDO. Another plus is, minor errors on the form is not a big deal unlike “daw” sa Scotia.

Reactions: Anyw

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Is it available in Nova scotia? Thanks!
I am not so sure. But when you go to the website, first thing they get is your school eh, probably that would inform you if applicable sa school or location. then conversion of the amount, USD, CAD etc. then fill out the form.

Reactions: roks

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hi everyone,

Thought I might share with you a few things that I got from the consultant that I met with, along with my own research prior to lodging my application. I have been told that the statement of purpose really does make a lot of difference, meaning it really can make or break the application. This is my way of paying it forward, as a lot of people have been generous with me when it comes to information (and occasionally, with money, LOL), so I'd like to give back to the Universe in my own little way. If you're new to this forum, and about to apply, I hope this helps you somehow. This is how I broke down and organized my SOP; I hope it helps a person or two on this forum.

Paragraph 1:

- where I stated what type of application I was lodging (study permit/temporary resident visa for students)
- where I also stated what university I have been accepted into
- where I shared what program I am taking, and what the program is about, in a nutshell
- where I indicated the start date of my program, and when I am projected to finish it/graduate from it

Paragraph 2:

IMPORTANT: This is where I started giving each paragraph a short header for easy skimming of the visa officer. Please make sure to limit the number of sentences to about 5-7 per paragraph, and avoid beating around the bush.

- where I shared what Bachelor's Degree program I had obtained here in the Philippines, which learning institution I got it from and what year I graduated
- where I also briefly stated how it helped me get to where I am now, career-wise--how it helped me land the job
- what I do for a living, and how long I have been doing it

*Please indicate subtly how your current job is related to what you will study at university in Canada.

Paragraph 3:

NOTE: Be consistently concise so as not to bore your audience (aka the visa officer).

- where I indicated how I arrived at the decision of applying to that particular university (out of all the universities in Canada? In the world?)
- where I articulated my selection process (a serious student does his thorough research and does not just jump at the easiest university/college to get into)
- Is the program you're about to take only available in Canada? (In addition, if it is cheaper to study in Canada vs. the States or anywhere else, which brought you to the decision in the first place, say so.)

To be continued...

Last edited:

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

Thought I might share with you a few things that I got from the consultant that I met with, along with my own research prior to lodging my application. I have been told that the statement of purpose really does make a lot of difference, meaning it really can make or break the application. This is my way of paying it forward, as a lot of people have been generous with me when it comes to information (and occasionally, with money, LOL), so I'd like to give back to the Universe in my own little way. If you're new to this forum, and about to apply, I hope this helps you somehow. This is how I broke down and organized my SOP; I hope it helps a person or two on this forum.

Paragraph 1:

- where I stated what type of application I was lodging (study permit/temporary resident visa for students)
- where I also stated what university I have been accepted into
- where I shared what program I am taking, and what the program is about, in a nutshell
- where I indicated the start date of my program, and when I am projected to finish it/graduate from it

Paragraph 2:

IMPORTANT: This is where I start giving each paragraph a short header for easy skimming of the visa officer. Please make sure to limit the number of sentences to about 5-7 per paragraph, and avoid beating around the bush.

- where I shared what Bachelor's Degree program I had obtained here in the Philippines, which learning institution I got it from and what year I graduated
- where I also briefly stated how it helped me get to where I am now, career-wise--how it helped me land the job
- what I do for a living, and how long I have been doing it

*Please indicate subtly how your current job is related to what you will study at university in Canada.

Paragraph 3:

NOTE: Be consistently concise so as not to bore your audience (aka the visa officer).

- where I indicated how I arrived at the decision of applying to that particular university (out of all the universities in Canada? In the world.)
- where I articulated my selection process (a serious student does his thorough research and does not just jump at the easiest university/college to get into)
- Is the program you're about to take only available in Canada? (In addition, if it is cheaper to study in Canada vs. the States or anywhere else, which brought you to the decision in the first place, say so.)

To be continued...
This is absolutely helpful! I knew there was something wrong with my SOP given that the reason for refusal is my purpose of visit. HAHAHA Now, after reading this, i feel like what I wrote did not make any sense.

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi Guys!

Paano po pag nagemail na si VFS saying that the the decision paper has been dispatched from the IRCC office..

Nakita na po kaya ng agent ung result?

TIA!