+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Aninej_nohce

Jul 24, 2019
Hi everyone!

Still waiting for my SP this coming week. Just submitted my biometrics last July 12,2019 via regular stream.

Hi @lopi14can you add me to the thread?

Hoping for positive result!

Application lodge date: July 12
Biometrics enrolment date: July 12
Medical exam date: -
Medical passed: -
Review of eligibility: -

Reactions: lopi14

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Sir @lopi14 im not nmn from india as well as any other countries except philippines :( ive born raised and live only here in the philippines.
Sorry wasnt able to give full context. I mentioned India's eratic timelines as a comparison to what we have now here in our country.

On our spreadsheet, trevetras got the decision after 108 days; psyduck 65 days; and maaaryaaanaa 51 day. On average, reg stream applicants waited 33days to get the decision.

From 6 week, now 4 weeks only, I'm still hoping na mas mapabilis pa sana ang processing ng papers natin lalo na ung mga overdue na regular stream applications tulad ng sa iyo, kay donday (jun 06); kay Hunyo Dyes (Jun 21) & SDS application ni artsh0914 (Jun 27); em-em22 (jul 01); and mcragl (jul 01). I know na nakasalalay sa decision kabuuang paggalaw natin ngayong August.

All I can say is we have done our very best to submit a complete application. Let's continue to claim this dream. I pray that you get the most anticipated and favorable decision the soonest.

Reactions: psyduck

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
After 28 days from biometrics enrolment date we got the decision.

Our application has been refused with the following reasons:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
Will definitely re-apply and will defer by Jan2020 intake

To everyone, I pray that you get a favorable decision the soonest. All the best for everyone!

Aninej_nohce

Jul 24, 2019

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

To everyone, I pray that you get a favorable decision the soonest. All the best for everyone!

Ohh.. sorry to hear about this. Btw, if you wouldn't mind me asking, what's the name of your agency?

Reactions: mrsm2016

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019

Oh, Im sorry to hear that. Do you have consultant? Where's you province though?

Takeme77

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019

Sorry to hear d sad news sir @lopi14 ...dont loose hopes. Next app nyo npo ay approved npo yan kc know nyo npo ung mga red flag s 1st app nyo. The best of luck po and please continue to help us. I myself will pray for your next app.

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Ohh.. sorry to hear about this. Btw, if you wouldn't mind me asking, what's the name of your agency?
Thanks. Here's our agency:

Canadian Immigration Consultancy
operated by Immigration Advisory Inc.
Tel No.: +63 2 372 2056
Mobile No.: +63 917 541 5000
Unit 301, 3F, Building F/North Link Building SM North Edsa, Quezon City

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Oh, Im sorry to hear that. Do you have consultant? Where's you province though?
Hey roks, thanks. Here's our agency:

contact persons: Jay Araneta/Sam Angeles

I'm from Laguna, my relatives are in Toronto, Ontario.

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Sorry to hear d sad news sir @lopi14 ...dont loose hopes. Next app nyo npo ay approved npo yan kc know nyo npo ung mga red flag s 1st app nyo. The best of luck po and please continue to help us. I myself will pray for your next app.
Thank you for your prayer. Syempre tuloy ang laban. Kung nakaya ni @aciremep kakayanin ko din.

Takeme77

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019

Im from laguna too! Where r u in laguna sir?

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila

Hi Lopi, so sorry to hear that news. You have been one of the most helpful forum members, and I am grateful for the times you addressed my/our questions. You might want to try reaching out to Glecerio Abayon to help you with your next application. I personally found him really knowledgeable compared to the ones I got to talk to at Canadian Immigration Consultancy. My partner and I also went to that agency early last year, and attended their orientation; however, because of the steep service fees they would charge to assist me with my study permit application, which I couldn't afford at the time, I've decided to just pull off a DIY. I consulted Mr. Abayon for just an hour (he charged me PHP 4,000), and asked him everything I needed to know. I stumbled upon his name in a forum on FB.

ADDENDUM: Glecerio Abayon also offered his full services to me for around 90-100,000 PHP (I think), but I've decided against it as well as, again, price range was too much for me. The full hour of asking him all the questions I listed down was quite sufficient, though, as he was generous with information. We also discussed strategies on how my partner could follow me while I'm studying. I mean, at least in case she decides to.

Last edited: