+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
After 28 days from biometrics enrolment date we got the decision.

Our application has been refused with the following reasons:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
Will definitely re-apply and will defer by Jan2020 intake

To everyone, I pray that you get a favorable decision the soonest. All the best for everyone!
Hi Lopi14,

Let's continue on praying for God's will and purpose with our plans.
My agency, Enhance Visa, immediately advised me to get the GCMS/CAIPS notes to get the detailed explanation on the refusal. It will take at least a month for this document and I hopefully in a week or so we get a response.
We also got my deferred LOA for Jan 2020 a week after requesting, you got accepted at Centennial College right?
Will post on this thread my status so as to provide info for those in need.

Reactions: lopi14

trishaaaaa

Jul 30, 2019
Hi! Anyone po who coursed through an agency, like Global Visa Support or Fortrust? Are they worth the high fees? Any experiences and advice?

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
@lopi14 sorry to hear about the decision on your application.

Question lang po, pati po ba dependents mo narefused? Thanks po.

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hi! Anyone po who coursed through an agency, like Global Visa Support or Fortrust? Are they worth the high fees? Any experiences and advice?
If you don’t wanna research anymore, and just want someone to guide you through the entire process, I guess hiring an agency is a good idea, and it might be worth it. But if you’re willing to do the dirty work (do it yourself), everything you need to know such as the requirements to apply (on IRCC’s website), the tips on writing an effective statement of purpose (which could make all the difference), etc., they’re all available online. Another option is to avail of the free services of IDP when you take the IELTS with them. They would assign someone to assist you, like a consultant, who would answer questions you may have about the process. They would even check your letter of intent before you submit it to the school you’re applying to, among other things. They extend their services until you lodge your application for a study permit. You may have them check your statement of purpose as well as your other requirements before you submit them to IRCC. That’s what my friend did last year. Instead of hiring the services of an agency, she utilized the resources available at IDP because she was on a tight budget.

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello po...may i ask which is better, IDP or Briish Council, for IELTS exam? What is the difference between the two?...and another question..which is the best Canada bank to transact with regards to the GIC?..thank you very much

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hello po...may i ask which is better, IDP or Briish Council, for IELTS exam? What is the difference between the two?...and another question..which is the best Canada bank to transact with regards to the GIC?..thank you very much
There shouldn’t be any difference between IDP and British Council kasi calibrated naman sila when it comes to scoring the exams for listening, reading, writing and speaking. So kahit anong mapili mo dapat walang kaso. Wala ring mas mahirap o mas madali. But I’ve been reading speculations from some people on the Internet (speculations lang naman), na mas mataas daw mag-score sa writing and speaking ‘yung British Council. Hehe. ‘Yun ang tsismis. I did IDP.

Reactions: Anyw

psyduck

Star Member
May 16, 2019
After 28 days from biometrics enrolment date we got the decision.

Our application has been refused with the following reasons:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
Will definitely re-apply and will defer by Jan2020 intake

To everyone, I pray that you get a favorable decision the soonest. All the best for everyone!
Lopi!

Tuloy lang ang laban ah! Thank you for your help and keeping this forum active and alive. You've always been a great forummate. Inaabangan ko talaga lagi yung update sa application mo.
Hoping that your application will be approved for the next semester.
Get gcms notes to know the details for the refusal.

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Lopi!

Tuloy lang ang laban ah! Thank you for your help and keeping this forum active and alive. You've always been a great forummate. Inaabangan ko talaga lagi yung update sa application mo.
Hoping that your application will be approved for the next semester.
Get gcms notes to know the details for the refusal.
We're getting gcms notes. We're kinda strategizing now like plan B, ako na lang muna aalis for Jan2020 term. At the moment, nasa speculation stage pa kmi on by what grounds we were refused. Once we get the notes, we'll build up our case.

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
There shouldn’t be any difference between IDP and British Council kasi calibrated naman sila when it comes to scoring the exams for listening, reading, writing and speaking. So kahit anong mapili mo dapat walang kaso. Wala ring mas mahirap o mas madali. But I’ve been reading speculations from some people on the Internet (speculations lang naman), na mas mataas daw mag-score sa writing and speaking ‘yung British Council. Hehe. ‘Yun ang tsismis. I did IDP.
Thank you very much for your reply...much appreciated

Reactions: roks

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Hello friends,

Ask ko lang po kung paano po makapagopen ng bank account sa Canada. I read somewhere here na may nkpagopen. I just need the bank's name or the link.

~~~~~~~~~

Also, our family decided to defer for one year to prepare well. Thank you all for your words of encouragement here on the thread and via p.m. To all who got their most-awaited decision:
  • Favorable - May the good Lord bless you and your family as you pursue your aspiration.
  • Not so favorable - God is good. He is our great Protector and Provider. He'll see us through on our next application.
This week, we may have forummates whose application reached a decision. They may not share their application's status, hence, let's honor their desire to be silent.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

To date, we're looking forward to roks', donday's and Aninej_nohce's update whose forecasted date of decision is August 9th. Hunyo dyes' forecast is August 8th.

God bless us all!

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
Hello friends,

Ask ko lang po kung paano po makapagopen ng bank account sa Canada. I read somewhere here na may nkpagopen. I just need the bank's name or the link.

~~~~~~~~~

Also, our family decided to defer for one year to prepare well. Thank you all for your words of encouragement here on the thread and via p.m. To all who got their most-awaited decision:
  • Favorable - May the good Lord bless you and your family as you pursue your aspiration.
  • Not so favorable - God is good. He is our great Protector and Provider. He'll see us through on our next application.
This week, we may have forummates whose application reached a decision. They may not share their application's status, hence, let's honor their desire to be silent.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

To date, we're looking forward to roks', donday's and Aninej_nohce's update whose forecasted date of decision is August 9th. Hunyo dyes' forecast is August 8th.

God bless us all!
Hi @lopi14. Here's the link po.

https://dmts.scotiabank.com/apps/intl/mcao/en/mcba.html?c=E

Reactions: lopi14 and roks

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Hello! Hope someone help me.
Mine is regular stream paper based vfs manila. Solo application with agent. Lodge and biometrics done on july 4th. I have difficulties of linking my application to online gckey account thus I cant share my timeline. I also have no updated emails from vfs apart from the confirmation that my documents were in process in IRCC office last july 5th. Is it okay to just wait from their emails and not link or have gckey account? TIA.

Reactions: mrsm2016

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello friends,

~~~~~~~~~

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

God bless us all!
Thanks @lopi14 will update you once we received the decision. Thanks!

Reactions: lopi14

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello, good morning..
Just want to ask..
Is it only scotiabank that offers GIC for international students? How about TD or RBC?..thank you

Reactions: mrsm2016