+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Hi,
It happened to me, ang ginawa ko nag renew ako pero hindi ko pinabutas then afer lumabas visa ko at naibalik yung passport dun ko kinuha yung reneed passport. So ang dadalhin mo sa canada if ma approved ka is old passport with visa stamp plus nee passport
Hi, thanks for your reply.

So you mean you applied with your old passport and when you finally had your visa, you applied for a new passport? Or pinagsabay mo yung study permit application and renewal of passport? Because I believe that when your study permit is finally approved, you will have to send the same passport you used to apply with. Do you know if they allow renewing of passport 2 years before expiration date?

I'm actually concerned about the validity. Will they give me a visa and study permit valid until the end of my studies or it will depend on my passport? Because my passport expires 2 days before the estimated end date of my study program :(

Rowell1982

Jan 29, 2018
First renewal of passport but huwag mo syang ipapacancel i mean ipabutas, sabihin gagamitin mo muna for visa applucation, while waiting sa release ng new passport nag apply nako ng visa with the old passport na hindi pa nabubutasan na passport, after ko mareceive yung visa with the old passport kinuha ko na yung new passport at the same time pinabutas ko na ren yung old.

Ang visa walang problema, entry permit lang naman yan, and yes the visa will follow yung validity ng passport, ang concern is study permit which is isasaby din nila sa validity ng passport, but since you have new passport, upon entry makakrecrive ka ng study permit based sa duration ng school mo.

Reactions: tinzzz

Rowell1982

Jan 29, 2018
Hi, thanks for your reply.

So you mean you applied with your old passport and when you finally had your visa, you applied for a new passport? Or pinagsabay mo yung study permit application and renewal of passport? Because I believe that when your study permit is finally approved, you will have to send the same passport you used to apply with. Do you know if they allow renewing of passport 2 years before expiration date?

I'm actually concerned about the validity. Will they give me a visa and study permit valid until the end of my studies or it will depend on my passport? Because my passport expires 2 days before the estimated end date of my study program :(
Yes, they allow renewal of passport kahit 2 years oa, yumg sa akin 1 year and 9 months pa pinarenew ko na kase two years ang school

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
First renewal of passport but huwag mo syang ipapacancel i mean ipabutas, sabihin gagamitin mo muna for visa applucation, while waiting sa release ng new passport nag apply nako ng visa with the old passport na hindi pa nabubutasan na passport, after ko mareceive yung visa with the old passport kinuha ko na yung new passport at the same time pinabutas ko na ren yung old.

Ang visa walang problema, entry permit lang naman yan, and yes the visa will follow yung validity ng passport, ang concern is study permit which is isasaby din nila sa validity ng passport, but since you have new passport, upon entry makakrecrive ka ng study permit based sa duration ng school mo.
Yes, they allow renewal of passport kahit 2 years oa, yumg sa akin 1 year and 9 months pa pinarenew ko na kase two years ang school
Thank you for clarifying this! So I guess, it's better to renew my passport to avoid the hassle of study permit extension.

Ireschedule ko na lang din siguro yung renewal to May para di masyado maaga. Sa March na kase dapat appointment ko.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
I have more questions, and this time regarding the proof of funds. I hope someone can answer.

In addition to my bank statements (SG account), I have investments in the stocks (COL Financial) and EIP from BDO. I have already requested for a scanned certification of investments from COL. My question is: Are stocks acceptable as proof of funds? Di pa ko makapagsubmit pa ng application for study permit kase nagaalangan ako baka di tanggapin dahil stocks are volatile. I actually meet MORE than the minimum amount (which is tuition + 10k CAD) kung ia-add lahat ng investments ko plus bank account. Pero yun eh, kung tatanggapin nila stocks.

To secure my funds, I've been selling some of my stocks recently and now, I've withdrawn some amount enough to pay for first sem tuition plus other required fees. I was thinking, bayaran ko na lang tuition and hingi ako ng e-receipt from the school tapos isama ko sa proof of funds. Is this a better move?

witchkid

Nov 10, 2011
Hello po guys! :)

Im Jamie nga pala applying for a student visa sa canada. I just finished my medical exam last Jan.11,2018. So far the doctor said everything was ok. Tanong ko lang what would be the next step and the processing time? . Thank you in advanced sa reply ;)
Hi. Ask ko lng kung anu anu ung laboratory test n ginawa sau. Thanks

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
I have more questions, and this time regarding the proof of funds. I hope someone can answer.

In addition to my bank statements (SG account), I have investments in the stocks (COL Financial) and EIP from BDO. I have already requested for a scanned certification of investments from COL. My question is: Are stocks acceptable as proof of funds? Di pa ko makapagsubmit pa ng application for study permit kase nagaalangan ako baka di tanggapin dahil stocks are volatile. I actually meet MORE than the minimum amount (which is tuition + 10k CAD) kung ia-add lahat ng investments ko plus bank account. Pero yun eh, kung tatanggapin nila stocks.

To secure my funds, I've been selling some of my stocks recently and now, I've withdrawn some amount enough to pay for first sem tuition plus other required fees. I was thinking, bayaran ko na lang tuition and hingi ako ng e-receipt from the school tapos isama ko sa proof of funds. Is this a better move?
First, let me say that I'm not well versed with stocks. :) From what I know though, when it comes to proof of funds, it has to be something that you have easy access to and can be used right away. If you can, consider applying via the Study Direct Stream. You pay your first year tuition and get a Guaranteed Investment Certificate worth 10k CAD and these will serve as your Proof of Funds. If this is not possible, paying for your first semester would look better than just having the money in your account since it will be more convincing for the VO to think that the funds are sufficient and really meant for your studies. Good luck!

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
First, let me say that I'm not well versed with stocks. :) From what I know though, when it comes to proof of funds, it has to be something that you have easy access to and can be used right away. If you can, consider applying via the Study Direct Stream. You pay your first year tuition and get a Guaranteed Investment Certificate worth 10k CAD and these will serve as your Proof of Funds. If this is not possible, paying for your first semester would look better than just having the money in your account since it will be more convincing for the VO to think that the funds are sufficient and really meant for your studies. Good luck!
Hi! Thanks for your reply.

Actually, madali lang naman i-manage ang stocks with COL since it's online. When I requested for withdrawal of funds to my bank account, ang bilis nila umaksyon.

Yes, I've considered SDS too. But it's paper based at parang mas maraming requirements(?). I actually like the idea of getting a GIC whether I go for SDS or not. But complicated mag wire transfer. I'm in SG. My bank in PH is BDO, unfortunately, online wire transfer is only for those with USD account. I may need to go to my bank to check if they can wire transfer CAD 10,200. If not, mapipilitan ako mag open ng CAD account with BPI.

I actually, emailed the Canadian embassy in Manila. I asked about SDS, if I can apply at the VAC here in SG or dapat ba sa Manila? And they replied to me with a generic answer o_O:
All information on how to apply for a study permit to Canada, including application forms, fees, processing time, procedures, and requirements, can be found on our website.

The processing time for study permit applications may take 2 to 3 months from the date of receipt of a complete application in our office due to additional requirements such as medical examinations or interview, if required.

You may opt to submit your application online. To apply online, please refer to this link:...
I asked about SDS pero ang reply sa kin pang regular stream ata.
So be it, online it is.

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
I FINALLY got my approval! Please excuse my language but f*** yaaaas!

I applied online last June 20, 2017 and got my refusal on July 29. I requested for GCMS and deferred my intake from Fall 2017 to the following year since my program only has Fall intake. GCMS reflected that the VO was not convinced that I had a compelling reason to study and leave Canada after. That's it.

I revised my Study Plan to address this and submitted a new 3 paged document. Devastated from the previous refusal, I also submitted a 2 paged document addressing all the notes of the VO like finances, education, etc even if these were not stated as reasons for my refusal. I answered each point, in bullets. As an extra, I applied through SDS because I wanted to get my results faster so that in the event that I get refused again, I will have more time to reapply.

I submitted my application through VFS Manila last Feb 8, 2018 and I got my approval letter (dated Feb 15) on Feb 16. I will be attending Capilano University in North Vancouver.

Thank you to everyone here for all your inputs, words of encouragement and for sharing your experiences. Special shout out to @mic-mic !

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Congratulations!!! :)

yamyam0130

Mar 26, 2017
Hi! Thanks for your reply.

Actually, madali lang naman i-manage ang stocks with COL since it's online. When I requested for withdrawal of funds to my bank account, ang bilis nila umaksyon.

Yes, I've considered SDS too. But it's paper based at parang mas maraming requirements(?). I actually like the idea of getting a GIC whether I go for SDS or not. But complicated mag wire transfer. I'm in SG. My bank in PH is BDO, unfortunately, online wire transfer is only for those with USD account. I may need to go to my bank to check if they can wire transfer CAD 10,200. If not, mapipilitan ako mag open ng CAD account with BPI.

I actually, emailed the Canadian embassy in Manila. I asked about SDS, if I can apply at the VAC here in SG or dapat ba sa Manila? And they replied to me with a generic answer o_O:

I asked about SDS pero ang reply sa kin pang regular stream ata.
So be it, online it is.
You can transfer your money to Scotia by using your Peso Account, Please note na dapat sa pinas manggaling ung pera at nkapangalan sayo, Just request to your bank na magttelegraphic transfer ka at ang gagawin nila ay icoconvert sa dollar ung peso fund mo at ittransfer sa scotia bank.

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Hi. Nag change na po kami ng school. Waiting kami ng loa from NSCC kentville.
Hi! Natuloy ka ba sa NSCC? Have you already applied for your study permit? :)

Triciagb

Feb 20, 2018
Hi, newbie po ako.
May question po sana ako. Plan ko po mag apply para sa Sept. 2018 intake sa Toronto. Kaso po wala ako work since graduation ko last 2014. Nag bebenta lang po ako crafts and pastries online. Paano po kaya yun?
May existing TRV po ako until 2020. Thanks po.

katecenteno

Sep 7, 2017
Congratulations!!! :)
Hi kuya Mic-mic. Ask ko lang, what if bnigyan ako ng 2years na visa ng embassy.. pero gusto ko lang mag-aral ng 1 year, pero kasi sabi nila better if 2years ako mag study then 3years yung pagwwork ko and then road to pr na siya dba. kaso lang Di ko naya magbayad ng tuition next year. May iba pbang way para mkapag stay pa? hanap ba ko ng employer or what?