+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Claiiire

Aug 30, 2017
Hello, for those who have sent me private messages about my SOP, please see below link for the guidelines on how to create a strong SOP. This is especially for OFWS like me, pero I think it is also suitable for domestic applicants, I hope it guides you also. This is based on my own research, sa mga nakaka usap ko din and sa mga nabasa ko na caips notes and previous SOP. I discourage copying SOP word by word. I did mine on my own so I know you can create yours as well by following this guidelines:

https://pinaydubaiyuki.wordpress.com/2017/09/15/how-to-create-a-strong-sop-for-ofws/
Good tip. I'm making one now. Salamat.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Meron po bang nasa Toronto ngayon?
Puede pong malaman magkano ang ave monthly expenses po for a family of three?
me and my husband plus our 3yo son po.

Hello!

We are in mississauga and the expenses are not too far off from Toronto. We are a family of 3 as well and ang gastos namin monthly is as follows:

2 br condo: 2k
Car insurance: 350
After school care: 500
Internet and cellphone: 130
Grocery: depende sa inyo but put it at 200 per month
Extras: depende din sa lifestyle

Note that the rent is the killer so another option is find a basement and it will just be around 1k per month pero if you are in downtown toronto, wala basement.. You have to find one outside the donwtown area po

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Just a follow up question, sabe sa CIC website na not ALL programs offered at a DLI is qualified for PGWP and/or Express Entry.

Sino makakapag confirm whether the program one intends to take is qualified? Yung university ba or ung ministry of education?
Minsan meron po kasi na short courses na 1 sem lang so hindi siya qualified kasi mimnimum 8 months. Meron din po kasi courses na available online lang so technically it can be taken outside of Canada. In both cases, malaki po chance na di suya mag qualify.

Si gf po ni classmate ko na international student din before nagka problema sa pgwp niya kasi yung 1 or 2 subjects is may online component. She had to do tons of paper work to prove na hindi siya online na course but just a small part of the program.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
hello, question lang... pwede bang magpresent ng affidavit of financial support ang sister ko na nasa Ontario sa husband ko na sa Alberta mag-aaral? o dapat dun sa Ontario sya mag-aral at tutuloy sa bahay ng sister ko? TIA!
Pwede po as long as the appropriate proof is there and well documented.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
A pleasant day to you all. I have applied online with my family last August 18,2017. We received our request to have medicals taken on the 29th of August. Medicals were completed on the 8th of September. Today, we received an email from the Temporary Resident Unit of the Canadian Embassy requesting for NBI clearances for myself and my wife with an explanation for the statement 'no pending cases' or ' no criminal record', our PSA birth certificates, TOR and/or diploma, IELTS as well as payment for the first year tuition. I'm just wondering why they have made these requests when in fact we have already forwarded all these documents to them via cic.gc. Btw, I opened an SDS account but opted to submit online as I was hoping not to have to settle the tuition until I get to Canada as I am worried at the possibility of being denied after having made all the payments to my university as well as the Scotiabank account. I intend to satisfy their request though just somewhat wondering if such does happen. Many thanks and God bless us all.
It happens even at PR applications and it is best to just comply po :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi All,

I currently have an Express Entry lodged pero mag expire na sya this coming November. Nasa 357 lang CRS score ko whereas nasa 400+ ang mga naiinvite in the last couple of draws.

To increase my CRS am planning to take up a 2 yr Master's program sa uSask. I just have a couple of questions:

1. Once on a Student Visa, then makakuha ng full time job offer whilst studying, pwede ba magpalit ng status? From Student Visa to Work Visa?

2. Regarding PGWP, dapat ba yung work na makuha is related sa Master's program you took up? I have a BS IT degree dito sa pinas pero am planning to take up Master's in TESOL sa uSask.

TIA sa makakapag share ng info!
Hello po!

1. Possible but very hard to do. Also, in the long run, you will earn more if may Canadian education and if via LMIA, nakatali ka sa employer mo.

2. Not necessarily. I know someone who studied project management pero since naging head cashier na siya, nag stick na siya doon para matapos agad yung PR application niya.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Basta public po dapat i think? If privaye hindi yata mabibigyan
Depending on the private intitution po. As long as they have DLI (meaning, they operate like a publicly funded school) AND the program offered itself QUALIFY po

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Depending on the private intitution po. As long as they have DLI (meaning, they operate like a publicly funded school) AND the program offered itself QUALIFY po
Herzing College is a private institution with DLI O19397544252.
They said they give PGWP but somehow they dont.
Now the student must go back home after studying because they dont offer PGWP.
With a help of a friend she win the case and got scholarship and will transfer to a public school next semester.
Its hard to tell if the private college is operating like a public funded college. Only BC has a list of which private college can provide PGWP.
I would say avoid private college unless you are getting a degree.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Yup. Like I said, must have DLI and the program itself must qualify. Of course people have to do their own diligence as well because of some practices of private schools. I also mentioned numerous times in the past that it is best to go for public kahit na mas mahal, mas malaki chance but people STILL have to make sure that the PROGRAM qualifies apart from the institution having a DLI. ;)