+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
sheiquiroga said:
Hi! Yeah, sorry, let me rephrase my question, how long before your visa gets approved? Around 4 weeks?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/philippines-student-permit-t481114.0.html

Chei

Feb 26, 2017
Hello, just want to know kung may alam kayong school sa canada na nag-aaccept ng international students with general training na IELTS? I took GT kasi this month lang for immigration purposes but now I changed my mind na mag-student na lang muna kasi mas madaling makapasok sa Canada thru it. If meron, can you give me the names of the schools? I'm planning to take PSW or any health-related course. thanks in advance!

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
paulamaula said:
Hi Guys I have question for those specifically in centennial or have applied for centennial.

Dec 31, 2016 - Applied for Biotechnology (Advanced Diploma, 2 years, Fast Track). Docs sent are TOR and WES Accreditation only. No IELTS.
Feb 22, 2017 - Got notice from Centennial that I got accepted into the Program. Required 2,300 CAD Deposit to give formal Acceptance letter.
Mar 03, 2017 - Paid 2,300 CAD
Mar 21, 2017 - Received the official acceptance letter package

The thing is, my acceptance letter is conditional which can be met by English Proficiency (IELTS) or English/Math Assessment Exam on landing.
The program I applied to did not require IELTS but require Centennial College's Assessment Test, which as you may know can only be taken within the school's premises.
Tried to book in advance but ayaw nung system. Since this is allowed, I would rather take Centennial's assessment than pay 10k for IELTS.
I also have e-mail correspondence with the program coordinator that it's fine if I don't submit IELTS because I can take the Centennial Assessment test upon landing anyway.

How do I prove with my student visa application that I can meet this condition? Again, I cannot book the test way too early.

Moreover, the acceptance letter had two pages. Page one is the details of offer (program, campus, tution, start date).
The second page contains Centenial's own breakdown of estimated cost of living, which imposes a problem on my funds.
See, they overestimated the room and boarding cost to be 900 CAD a month whereas I've already scouted my rent to be not exceeding 500 CAD.
I have prepared just enough funds for my tuition + 10k cost of living but centennial's own cost of living over-estimation would make my funds short by a few hundred thousand pesos.
In this regards, can I just attach the first page of my acceptance letter? The second page really messed up the funds we allocated.

In addition, someone was successfully granted a visa despite showing only bank cert and no statement.
I plan on doing this as well. Do you think makakalusot? My supporter would be my dad who has a commercial building that generates more than enough money to support me.
Pwede bang bank cert nalang and ITR ng building ng dad ko? Makikita naman dun yung revenue niya every year. I think it is a legitimate enough reason not to obtain statements pa.

Thank you for the help and hopefully all of us would be granted a visa soon.
Hi Paulamaula!

I just received my acceptance letter from Centennial. Same thing, I was advised to pay the registration deposit of 2300 CAD till April 3, 2017 only.
My admission is "Non-Conditional", maybe because I submitted my IELTS result together with my WES and TOR.
I haven't paid yet since I am waiting for the results of my other applications to other schools (a bit to think about since malapit nayung deadline and I cannot afford to loose this opportunity din :) - mga expert pa advise din if di ako mag deposit - will Centennial keep the seat for me or really they will give it to others?

Regarding sa School's estimated cost of living - i think it is just an aid to students to have an info sa cost of living but not necessarily will govern, important is na meet mo yung requirement or exceeded at least yung 10K na cost of living allowance.

Yes, hopefully all of us makakuha ng visa. :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Well, I don't know ... you certainly can try with the "Conditional" letter. I honestly don't think it will be a problem but I can't have a definitive answer for you since I also took the IELTS before applying for the visa. Perhaps you can try students from other countries?

Do not stress too much about Centennial's estimate of your budget. You don't need to include it in your application, just make sure you have the enough funds as required by the embassy.

As for bank certificates only not statements, we cannot also give you a 100% assurance that you will pass with only that. They also check how long the funds have been in your account that's why they need the statements, and the VFS explicitly states that funds have to have been in your account for at least four months. Sure you can try, but if that were me, I'd err on the side of caution and submit the bank statements kasi what is that compared to being denied because of lack of paperwork, you know?

journey namin said:
I haven't paid yet since I am waiting for the results of my other applications to other schools (a bit to think about since malapit nayung deadline and I cannot afford to loose this opportunity din :) - mga expert pa advise din if di ako mag deposit - will Centennial keep the seat for me or really they will give it to others?
Depends on your program. The more popular programs now have a waiting list - they didn't have that in 2015 when I applied. Yung iba, you can probably still come in without any problem.

Chei said:
Hello, just want to know kung may alam kayong school sa canada na nag-aaccept ng international students with general training na IELTS? I took GT kasi this month lang for immigration purposes but now I changed my mind na mag-student na lang muna kasi mas madaling makapasok sa Canada thru it. If meron, can you give me the names of the schools? I'm planning to take PSW or any health-related course. thanks in advance!
I have no idea. You can research by visiting the school's websites. Most usually require the Academic IELTS, but like paulamaula, you can use a conditional acceptance, provided you take the school's language assessment when you get to Canada

jjdira18

Mar 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
AOR Received.
03-04-2021
Med's Done....
02-04-2021; Medical Passed 27-04-2021
Hi! Gano po katagal yung sa Medical? Mga ilang hours po sa clinic? Balak ko po dito sa St Luke's BGC. :)

knty

Mar 27, 2017
hi. we had our upfront medical here in S.korea.
choices under purpose are limited so chineck ko me-student/husband-work/daughter-student.... wala kc clang option na nkalagay TRV or OWP.
maglodge na sna ako this week. is it too early for sept intake? sana walang maging problem.

btw,anyone here aiming to attend school in calgary?

gudluck all!

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
scorpio1641 said:
Depends on your program. The more popular programs now have a waiting list - they didn't have that in 2015 when I applied. Yung iba, you can probably still come in without any problem.
Thanks Scorpio!

My program is Construction Management, i am not sure kung kasama to sa popular programs...but will certainly take note your point na baka nga mas madami na applicants now compared in 2015 - visible sa presence of waiting lists.

I really intend to study 2 year program or a master program to ensure magamit ko ng husto for pr application or provincial nomination afterwards - but since 1 year program pa lng yung may acceptance ako from school - i am considering options katulad ng sinasabi dito sa forum na you can apply for study extension / or to study another 1 year program para PGWP awarded will be 3 years.

Question po sa mga expert - how easy is it to apply for another year of study or extension of study permit? Can I do it while attending the current program? or I need to graduate first then apply? And can I do it inside Canada or do I have to get out?
If you have experienced this pathway, yung dalawang 1 year program ang kinuha to ensure 3 years PGWP - pa advise po.
Or baka me kilala kayo that were successful thru this way.

Thanks and God bless! :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Wow, tagal na pala dumating ng accepteance letter ngayon! I think mine took 2 weeks for colleges and around 2 months for university (memory might be wrong).
From what I heard, inhouse exams are "harder" so if you can take the test locally, might be a better idea than retaking it again and again but do your research first as things might have changed from 2 years ago.

Maybe the 2nd page of the acceptance letter is referring to your entire stay as a student? During our time, you only need a year's tuition and around 10k for living expenses. I also didn't include bank statements when I submitted mine I think but almost all of my certificated were dated the same day and I already opened an account in Canada and left money there before I applied :) I would suggest that you do include them though para more proof of how legitimate your funds are and just explain any sudden jump in funds if any.

Goodluck po sa inyong lahat! Magsubmit na po kami ng for PR in the coming days so please pray for me and m family! Lapit na din finals namin kaya busy busy! Waaahh!!!

Sa mga nag Pm nga po pala sa akin, karamihan sa inyo puno na ang inbox :p

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
journey namin said:
Question po sa mga expert - how easy is it to apply for another year of study or extension of study permit? Can I do it while attending the current program? or I need to graduate first then apply? And can I do it inside Canada or do I have to get out?
If you have experienced this pathway, yung dalawang 1 year program ang kinuha to ensure 3 years PGWP - pa advise po.
Or baka me kilala kayo that were successful thru this way.

Thanks and God bless! :)
It's easy. Finish your first program, apply for student visa extension, enroll in your second program. You don't have to leave Canada. Many students do that here.

chechegb

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hello! Andito na po ako sa Canada since July 2016, ask ko lang po kung may nakaexperience na nag apply yung parents nila ng tourist visa while naka student visa yung anak nila? Balak kasi pumunta ng parents ko dito sa summer. Thank you!

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
jjdira18 said:
Hi! Gano po katagal yung sa Medical? Mga ilang hours po sa clinic? Balak ko po dito sa St Luke's BGC. :)
If you can do the medical in other countries, the better! Very high chance of being delayed in St Luke's esp if you have at the very least minor problems with your lungs. Got delayed for 3 months + probably 6 months
You can read my experience in their extension clinic:
wondersuite.blogspot.com

rheamc

Mar 28, 2017
Hello everyone, I have applied at Sheridan College for the September 2017 intake.

Baka po pwede makahingi ng sample of SOP pls? Please paki pasend po sa email ko.

medino20@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.