+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

jjdira18

Mar 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
AOR Received.
03-04-2021
Med's Done....
02-04-2021; Medical Passed 27-04-2021
sheiquiroga said:
If you can do the medical in other countries, the better! Very high chance of being delayed in St Luke's esp if you have at the very least minor problems with your lungs. Got delayed for 3 months + probably 6 months
You can read my experience in their extension clinic:
wondersuite.blogspot.com
Hi! Thanks for the reply! Recent lang po ba tong medical exam niyo? Though as far as I know, wala naman po ako problem sa lungs. Will take the medical exam tomorrow. Sana wala po maging problem. :( thanks again! :)

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
paulamaula said:
Hi Guys I have question for those specifically in centennial or have applied for centennial.

Dec 31, 2016 - Applied for Biotechnology (Advanced Diploma, 2 years, Fast Track). Docs sent are TOR and WES Accreditation only. No IELTS.
Feb 22, 2017 - Got notice from Centennial that I got accepted into the Program. Required 2,300 CAD Deposit to give formal Acceptance letter.
Mar 03, 2017 - Paid 2,300 CAD
Mar 21, 2017 - Received the official acceptance letter package

The thing is, my acceptance letter is conditional which can be met by English Proficiency (IELTS) or English/Math Assessment Exam on landing.
The program I applied to did not require IELTS but require Centennial College's Assessment Test, which as you may know can only be taken within the school's premises.
Tried to book in advance but ayaw nung system. Since this is allowed, I would rather take Centennial's assessment than pay 10k for IELTS.
I also have e-mail correspondence with the program coordinator that it's fine if I don't submit IELTS because I can take the Centennial Assessment test upon landing anyway.

How do I prove with my student visa application that I can meet this condition? Again, I cannot book the test way too early.

Moreover, the acceptance letter had two pages. Page one is the details of offer (program, campus, tution, start date).
The second page contains Centenial's own breakdown of estimated cost of living, which imposes a problem on my funds.
See, they overestimated the room and boarding cost to be 900 CAD a month whereas I've already scouted my rent to be not exceeding 500 CAD.
I have prepared just enough funds for my tuition + 10k cost of living but centennial's own cost of living over-estimation would make my funds short by a few hundred thousand pesos.
In this regards, can I just attach the first page of my acceptance letter? The second page really messed up the funds we allocated.

In addition, someone was successfully granted a visa despite showing only bank cert and no statement.
I plan on doing this as well. Do you think makakalusot? My supporter would be my dad who has a commercial building that generates more than enough money to support me.
Pwede bang bank cert nalang and ITR ng building ng dad ko? Makikita naman dun yung revenue niya every year. I think it is a legitimate enough reason not to obtain statements pa.

Thank you for the help and hopefully all of us would be granted a visa soon.
hi paula! i'm about to pay the 2300 deposit na din.. did it really take you 18 days before they sent you your acceptance letter? Also, kelan yung start nung sem mo? hehe Gusto ko sana masend nila kaagad para masimulan ko na sa pagapply sa study permit huhu

what was your payment method pala dun sa deposit? balak ko kasi mag Flywire / credit card and diba nakasabi doon na kelangan magfill out ng form tapos magfax sa kanila? if credit card din gamit mo, nagfax ka ba ng credit card authorization form sa kanila bago ka nagpay?

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
journey namin said:
Hi Paulamaula!

I just received my acceptance letter from Centennial. Same thing, I was advised to pay the registration deposit of 2300 CAD till April 3, 2017 only.
My admission is "Non-Conditional", maybe because I submitted my IELTS result together with my WES and TOR.
I haven't paid yet since I am waiting for the results of my other applications to other schools (a bit to think about since malapit nayung deadline and I cannot afford to loose this opportunity din :) - mga expert pa advise din if di ako mag deposit - will Centennial keep the seat for me or really they will give it to others?

Regarding sa School's estimated cost of living - i think it is just an aid to students to have an info sa cost of living but not necessarily will govern, important is na meet mo yung requirement or exceeded at least yung 10K na cost of living allowance.

Yes, hopefully all of us makakuha ng visa. :)
hi journey! san nakastate sayo yung deadline nung pagbayad ng deposit? I got my Deposit Letter din pero it didn't state the deadline...

paulamaula

May 4, 2015
ChrisYu_ said:
hi paula! i'm about to pay the 2300 deposit na din.. did it really take you 18 days before they sent you your acceptance letter? Also, kelan yung start nung sem mo? hehe Gusto ko sana masend nila kaagad para masimulan ko na sa pagapply sa study permit huhu

what was your payment method pala dun sa deposit? balak ko kasi mag Flywire / credit card and diba nakasabi doon na kelangan magfill out ng form tapos magfax sa kanila? if credit card din gamit mo, nagfax ka ba ng credit card authorization form sa kanila bago ka nagpay?
Hi Chris,

To make it less complicated, I paid through credit card nalang. I faxed the credit card authorization form (CCAF). Then I just informed the coordinator via e-mail that I sent it already. Mas tipid kasi pag fax nalang instead of shipping pa the CCAF. TBH, medyo di ko magets kung bakit ayaw nila tumanggap ng online copy nalang via e-mail hahahha.

Sorry for the typo but I sent my payment March 7. March 8, they emailed me the receipt. I got the full acceptance package March 21, roughly 14 days.

My intake is Sept 2017 (fall, God willing). What's your program and intake pala? :)

yamyam0130

Mar 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

Im a newbie here. Thank you at nahanap ko site na ito it helps me a lot for the preparation for my SP.

I just want to ask i will apply for SP next week and OWP for my boyfriend and also he will be my sponsor, ask k lang po since i resigned from my work in Dubai magiging negative po ba yon sa application kasi unemployed ako at need po b kumuha ng nf k ng letter from his employer in Dubai na after 2 years may babalikan pa sya work?

Please i need your opinion para finalise po nun lang lodging ng docs nmin nxt week.

Thank You

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
jjdira18 said:
Hi! Thanks for the reply! Recent lang po ba tong medical exam niyo? Though as far as I know, wala naman po ako problem sa lungs. Will take the medical exam tomorrow. Sana wala po maging problem. :( thanks again! :)
Yes. Last December 20 lang. Good luck. Pray super hard!

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
ChrisYu_ said:
hi journey! san nakastate sayo yung deadline nung pagbayad ng deposit? I got my Deposit Letter din pero it didn't state the deadline...
Hi Chris!

It's on the Letter heading like this: Deadline for Registration Deposit: April 3, 2017 I have 3 days left to decide! :eek:
Iba iba kaya offer nila...I mean depende sa program? kung madami applicants or hindi? :)

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
yamyam0130 said:
Hi Guys,

Im a newbie here. Thank you at nahanap ko site na ito it helps me a lot for the preparation for my SP.

I just want to ask i will apply for SP next week and OWP for my boyfriend and also he will be my sponsor, ask k lang po since i resigned from my work in Dubai magiging negative po ba yon sa application kasi unemployed ako at need po b kumuha ng nf k ng letter from his employer in Dubai na after 2 years may babalikan pa sya work?

Please i need your opinion para finalise po nun lang lodging ng docs nmin nxt week.

Thank You
Boyfriend is not a member of a family class, so is a fiance. You can only bring with you your children and spouse. If your boyfriend is your common-law partner it will be hard to prove unless you give the evidence.
You were working in Dubai not your country of origin therefore you have a weak tie in your country.
If you can provide that letter from your employer that they will accept you once you are done with your study then you have a better shot with that visa.
Good luck

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
scorpio1641 said:
It's easy. Finish your first program, apply for student visa extension, enroll in your second program. You don't have to leave Canada. Many students do that here.
Hi Scorpio! Thanks sa clear and looks easy to do na direction. This is my plan B if di ako makakuha ng 2 year program or masters. Thanks! :)

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
kapatid said:
Ang labanan kasi dito is the duration mo sa school. Dito k-12 so any education laging may -2 years. If yung vocational mo is 1yr they might include it. In short naka 6 yrs ka sa post secondary which makes it 4yrs. I suggest you include it.
I have a civil engineering cousin with 5+ yrs exp in the field and she is currently taking Engineering drafting and design technology in SAIT. It's a 2yrs course and she pass the student visa process smoothly because her choice of education here is an "upgrade" to her education.
Hi Kapatid!
Thanks sa advice! I went through ICES evaluation and this time I submitted both my 1 year vocational and 5 year degree credentials - The result came out today and it says EQUIVALENT TO CANADIAN 4 YEAR BACHELOR'S DEGREE!! ;D ;D
Waiting for the final outcome of my application now that I submitted yung last requirement.
Thanks! sa encouraging advices!

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
paulamaula said:
Hi Chris,

To make it less complicated, I paid through credit card nalang. I faxed the credit card authorization form (CCAF). Then I just informed the coordinator via e-mail that I sent it already. Mas tipid kasi pag fax nalang instead of shipping pa the CCAF. TBH, medyo di ko magets kung bakit ayaw nila tumanggap ng online copy nalang via e-mail hahahha.

Sorry for the typo but I sent my payment March 7. March 8, they emailed me the receipt. I got the full acceptance package March 21, roughly 14 days.

My intake is Sept 2017 (fall, God willing). What's your program and intake pala? :)
yeah yun nga eh di ko din gets kung bakit di pwede through email nalang yung CCAF... but okay sige sige will try to deposit na kaagad haha...

omg same huhu Human Resources Management program ko haha... good luck to us!

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
journey namin said:
Hi Chris!

It's on the Letter heading like this: Deadline for Registration Deposit: April 3, 2017 I have 3 days left to decide! :eek:
Iba iba kaya offer nila...I mean depende sa program? kung madami applicants or hindi? :)
huhu wala talaga yung akin eh... but yeah baka depende sa program... anyways, good luck sa discernment mo!

if ever naman mag Centennial ka, more or less same na tayo kasi Centennial na balak ko haha...

thank you so much for the response! :)

yamyam0130

Mar 26, 2017
Boyfriend is not a member of a family class, so is a fiance. You can only bring with you your children and spouse. If your boyfriend is your common-law partner it will be hard to prove unless you give the evidence.
You were working in Dubai not your country of origin therefore you have a weak tie in your country.
If you can provide that letter from your employer that they will accept you once you are done with your study then you have a better shot with that visa.
Good luck

Thanks Kapatid for the reply.

Yes i declared him as my common law partner, I already resigned from my job since december 2016, at babalik n po ako sa pinas sa may. Advised po ng consultant nmin ay kumuha daw po ng letter ang bf ko sa company nya na after 2 years ay mkkblik po sya s work at binigyan nun po sya ng company nya.

Kailangan ko lang po maexplain ko sa SOP ko ang purpose ko sa pagaaral sa Canada?

Thank You

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
journey namin said:
Hi Chris!

Paano ka magdedeposit? If wiretransfer mukhang di na aabot yan, di nagrereflect agad ang international transfer, may parang clearing days pa yan