+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
Hello!

Newbie here and I really need your help..

Kasi balak ko mag study abroad for post graduate...

Currently, I'm considering Centennial, Seneca, George Brown at Humber...

Sa Centennial pa lang ako nagpasa ng requirements kasi free lang ang application doon online.

I just wanted to ask if may mga nakaexperience or natanggap na sa any of the four colleges? I wanna ask kung ano experience niyo in terms of applying (like kung gaano katagal, etc.) at yung environment nung college doon mismo...

Any help and feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
kapatid said:
Suggestions
- Maybe try a different course (education) that is related to your current work and explain well how that education will help your business.
Your nursing education have 15yrs gap and you have to explain these gaps. Apply alone so that you will have a strong tie to the Philippines and then apply TRV for your family later when you arrive in Canada.
Tanong lang po kun issue sa VO if malaki ang gap from the time that you graduated in PH and yun pagpursue ng study sa CA? In my case I graduated 2002 then working as IT for more than 10 years already until now. But I want to take a new course (not IT-related), perhaps Information Health Management para at least I have two options when looking for work after I graduated - one is IT-related and the other is HIM-related. Of course dapat magandang SOP why I will take HIM as what I have learned from reading here.

yhellie0126

Jul 25, 2016
DRON15 said:
Hi everyone,

I was new to this forum and i found it really helpful to anyone who seek answer to their concern. I myself have lot of Q's relevant to this topic. That is why joining a forum like this could somehow equip me with new information as people here are willing to share their timeline, application status, update etc.

By the way,with pertains to police certificate acquisition is there really a need to seek police clearance if you will apply for SP? I am a former OFW from K.S.A for nearly 6 years from 2005-2011 afterwards i stayed in Philippines up to present. It was quite hard to get a police cert. from a country that you do not have anyone in connection since long time. I hope someone could enlighten me :)thnx
Hi po! I worked in KSA for 2 years 2009-2011. Police certificate is not a requirement on your initial application pero during the course of your application, they will ask for it. NBI clearance from PH and police clearance sa mga countries na nagstay kayo ng matagal. I applied online po. Before I lodge my application, process ko na yung KSA police clearanc kase medyo matgal sya makuha. Almost 2 weeks. If you have no relatives or friends to help you in getting one sa KSA, merun sa DFA, OUMWA office, may contact po sila sa KSA para makakuha ng police certificate. I paid almost 60k po for that.

yhellie0126

Jul 25, 2016
kapatid said:
Congrats in getting your visa!

Here is an example of someone who pass without an SOP.
If the visa officer finds enough evidence that you are a genuine student then things will be fast.
You must have a very strong case.

Congrats again and welcome to Canada, soon.
Thank you po Kapatid!! I already passed my passport sa VFS Makati last March 10 and still waiting for their advice kung kelan ko sya pwede i-pickup. May question lang po ulet ako, after ng SV, is there anything else that I should take into consideration? Once my visa na ba, I can fly na anytime I want? Ano mga dapat na iprepare before I leave and upon entry? Any suggestions din po on how can I bring the 10,000 CAD? Is it advisable ba na iconvert na peso money to CAD?

Thank you soo much po!! More power to us!!

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
yhellie0126 said:
Thank you po Kapatid!! I already passed my passport sa VFS Makati last March 10 and still waiting for their advice kung kelan ko sya pwede i-pickup. May question lang po ulet ako, after ng SV, is there anything else that I should take into consideration? Once my visa na ba, I can fly na anytime I want? Ano mga dapat na iprepare before I leave and upon entry? Any suggestions din po on how can I bring the 10,000 CAD? Is it advisable ba na iconvert na peso money to CAD?

Hi @yhellie0126 :) Would you mind if you can share your timeline po? :) Thank you very much..

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
nizzababe said:
Hi, I am silent reader here, applied online. May worry lng po ako, this is my 2nd application, nun 1 thru VFS pero unsuccessful at kinuha un original NBI at Singapore Police Clearance at hindi po binalik ni VFS nun kinulek ko un passport ko. Ang tanong ko po, since online ako nag apply sa pang2 ko, iniscanned ko lng po un photo copy ng NBI ko(Singapore based po ako), magkakaroon po kaya ng problema? OR is it advisable po na kumuha na ulit ako ng bagong NBI clearance? May case po ba na irequest nilang makita lahat ng original documents? Nag aalala po kasi ako na baka mauwi sa parang falsification of documents since wala na akong original NBI clearance. Salamat po sa mga seniors, hoping you could help me.
Photocopies lang naman sinasubmit mo sa online. Scanned copy to be exact. Yung NBI naman para sure kuha ka ulit kung madali lang. if not, Ok lang yung scanned photocopy ng una pero ang ang magiging problema nito ay may duration ang Police clearance. 6 months 'yon. That is why they ask for atleast 3 months, kasi aassume nila 2 months ang processing. Kung sakali man na hindi sila kuntento, they will send you a notification to get one. If your NBI is more than 3 month, I suggest you get a new one.
Scanned copy of original documents ang sinusubmit online. Hindi yan falsification of documents kasi photocopy siya. Falsification is like letter of employment and the information is wrong. That's misrepresentation.

Mayaril2 said:
We paid them 50k already and then another 25k pag na submit na yung papers/application sa immigration. It's been a month and a week na. I am done with getting the requirements last month pa and now he wants me to take IELTS before we could submit my docs for school acceptance.

I sent him the link from NAITs and still insist that I should take it even if they dont require it. I mean what's the point? And I agree with you, we are talking about money and time here so why take it if Hindi naman pala kailangan? Tsk
Tell them to pass the application. It's a 2 months process and you might be late for opening of the class. Then you will have to redo it again. Then you might need to find another school since you didn't meet the deadline, then maybe this time you will need an EILTs unlike NAIT. Time is ticking and they must be held responsible if they don't deliver in time.

snickers_21 said:
Tanong lang po kun issue sa VO if malaki ang gap from the time that you graduated in PH and yun pagpursue ng study sa CA? In my case I graduated 2002 then working as IT for more than 10 years already until now. But I want to take a new course (not IT-related), perhaps Information Health Management para at least I have two options when looking for work after I graduated - one is IT-related and the other is HIM-related. Of course dapat magandang SOP why I will take HIM as what I have learned from reading here.
High chance of refusal. Unless you have a work waiting for you back here can prove that you have a work waiting for you back here that is related to the course that you will take in Canada.
You have a mismatch in course and experience.

yhellie0126 said:

Consider the time for the start of your class. If your class starts in September and you arrive there in March, which is 6 months earlier, you are likely to be sent back.
Arrive maybe 3-2 months prior to the start of your class. 2 months is the best time I think.
Bring your LOA from the school, the letter and visa from the CEM, and your proof of funds.
Also, have a mind set that you will go back home once you are done with your study.
If they ask "Are you going to work after you finish your study?" and you said "Yes" thinking you are eligible for PGWP.
You will be sent back. True story.
They will try to rephrase things for example...
You are applying for Professional Cooking and in your SOP you said you will open your own restaurant in the Phil after your study in Canada.
"Once you are done can we eat at your restaurant?"
"Of course" then you they will give you a Student Permit. True story.
You must let the officer know they you have no intention of staying in Canada even though they know that you can stay afterwards legally.

If you have a debit for that account which you can use to withdraw money here then that is good enough.
But there will be fees every time you withdraw using an international card.
I suggest bring it as a manager's check. Show this at the officer at the Port-of-entry and you must declare it.
Bring it already converted in CAD.

Reactions: horizonj

nizzababe

Oct 22, 2015
kapatid said:
Photocopies lang naman sinasubmit mo sa online. Scanned copy to be exact. Yung NBI naman para sure kuha ka ulit kung madali lang. if not, Ok lang yung scanned photocopy ng una pero ang ang magiging problema nito ay may duration ang Police clearance. 6 months 'yon. That is why they ask for atleast 3 months, kasi aassume nila 2 months ang processing. Kung sakali man na hindi sila kuntento, they will send you a notification to get one. If your NBI is more than 3 month, I suggest you get a new one.
Scanned copy of original documents ang sinusubmit online. Hindi yan falsification of documents kasi photocopy siya. Falsification is like letter of employment and the information is wrong. That's misrepresentation.

Maraming salamat kapatid, my NBI still valid, because it was dated 9 Feb 2017, I'm just worried because I don't have original.

May tanong ako uli, if ever the Visa Officer will require ako to present original of all documents I submitted online, how long normally binibigay nilang time to submit. Iniisip ko pa rin NBI medyo weeks din kc inaabot pag process pag none appearance sa Pinas at need ko pa mag finger print sa Pinas Embassy.

Maraming Salamat uli.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
nizzababe said:
Maraming salamat kapatid, my NBI still valid, because it was dated 9 Feb 2017, I'm just worried because I don't have original.

May tanong ako uli, if ever the Visa Officer will require ako to present original of all documents I submitted online, how long normally binibigay nilang time to submit. Iniisip ko pa rin NBI medyo weeks din kc inaabot pag process pag none appearance sa Pinas at need ko pa mag finger print sa Pinas Embassy.

Maraming Salamat uli.
Alam ko nag bibigay sila ng reasonable time.
Di ko alam exactly how much pero they do give a reasonable time.

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
kapatid said:
High chance of refusal. Unless you have a work waiting for you back here can prove that you have a work waiting for you back here that is related to the course that you will take in Canada.
You have a mismatch in course and experience.
Oh, nalungkot naman ako :( Pero kun Diploma na IT related and back it up sa SOP mo na kulang ka sa skills sa kukunin mong course, pwede kaya yun given na matagal na ang gap (more than 10 years) na nag-aral sa pnas?

nizzababe

Oct 22, 2015
Hello po mga seniors, help po, refused po un online application ko :(

Nag apply po ako by papers nun Feb 2017 at natanggap ko din po un refusal same month at eto un reasons;
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- Purpose of visit
- Employment prospects in country of residence
- Current employment situation
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment, language abilities"

I revised my SOP & apply online last 10 March at eto naman po ang reasons of refusal;
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- Purpose of visit
- Personal Assets and Financial Status
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment"

Gusto ko po uli mag apply, kaya lang bka hindi na ako umabot pra sa May 2017 intake, please give me advice po. At manghihingi din po ako ng sample SOP pra masagot ko un purpose ng visit. Change po kc ng line, from business to medical field. Please give me sample SOP to answer po un other reasons. Salamat po ng madami. Nanlulumo ako sa resulta.
Nakaapekto rin po kaya un may express entry profile po ako? Dapat po kayang delet-in ko muna un? Salamat po

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
Mayaril2 said:
We paid them 50k already and then another 25k pag na submit na yung papers/application sa immigration. It's been a month and a week na. I am done with getting the requirements last month pa and now he wants me to take IELTS before we could submit my docs for school acceptance.

I sent him the link from NAITs and still insist that I should take it even if they dont require it. I mean what's the point? And I agree with you, we are talking about money and time here so why take it if Hindi naman pala kailangan? Tsk
i am sorry to have to say this to you but you could have done everything by yourself and not paid these high amount of fees.
everything an aspiring student to canada needs to know is posted on the canadian immigration website

Mayaril2

Mar 5, 2017
trxter41 said:
i am sorry to have to say this to you but you could have done everything by yourself and not paid these high amount of fees.
everything an aspiring student to canada needs to know is posted on the canadian immigration website
Yes you are right but really, there's no use crying over spilt milk, I just thought mine was complicated so I decided to ask for their assistance and I thought that it'd give me a peace of mind but turns out, I am still gonna do all the dirty work etc. And also, late na ng nakita ko ang forum na to.

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
jfider said:
Thank you sa reply kapatid. Yes, i also provided affidavit + the letter of sponsorship from them po..
actually, sa agency ko po yun.. sinabi lang nla ung possible na maging prob and the most risky daw yung daily average balance sa bank ng sponsor 2 ko..

Maraming salamat po ulit.. nawala po ang kaba ko.. bukas na po kc ako magpapasa hehe.. :)
Bumukas na ako ng bumukas, hanggang ngayon, hndi ko pdn po napapasa papel ko online heheh.. last question po, kapag po ba online submission, need ko po ba iprint at pirmahan ung mga validated forms like Application for SP, family details, etc? Kasi nung after ko mavalidate, may pop-up msg na, if issubmit daw online, esignature nlng daw ang need.. heheh. Nabubuwang na po ako.. d ko alam kung aabot pa ko sa May intake. tntry ko po na imake sure na ok lhat bago ang final judgement, heheh :)

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
Guys hello,

I am currently in dubai, employed.Ask ko lang sana which is better with your own experience kung mas better ba online or paper base application? this time i am still waiting for my LOA from school, as of now i gathers information para hnd na ako nangangarag pag receive ng LOA ko.Thanks in advance.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
nizzababe said:
Hello po mga seniors, help po, refused po un online application ko :(

Nag apply po ako by papers nun Feb 2017 at natanggap ko din po un refusal same month at eto un reasons;
- Purpose of visit
- Employment prospects in country of residence
- Current employment situation
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment, language abilities"

I revised my SOP & apply online last 10 March at eto naman po ang reasons of refusal;
- Purpose of visit
- Personal Assets and Financial Status
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment"

Gusto ko po uli mag apply, kaya lang bka hindi na ako umabot pra sa May 2017 intake, please give me advice po. At manghihingi din po ako ng sample SOP pra masagot ko un purpose ng visit. Change po kc ng line, from business to medical field. Please give me sample SOP to answer po un other reasons. Salamat po ng madami. Nanlulumo ako sa resulta.
Nakaapekto rin po kaya un may express entry profile po ako? Dapat po kayang delet-in ko muna un? Salamat po
mukhang hindi sop ang problema mo kundi mga dokumento mo at background mo