+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
Mayaril2 said:
Sa IELTS po or any other english test. I checked it sa NAIT pero baka Mali pagka intindi ko.

Sa SAIT ka pala? Congrats po!! Happy for you sana ako din soon, plano ko this sept din eh
anong course po ititake niyo? kasi generally humihingi sila ng IELTS or TOEFL kung hindi english ang first language natin, which is the case with the Philippines.

iba iba rin ang IELTS requirements ng mga courses. meron na pwede na ang 5.5 pero meron na kailangan 6.5.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
P@1n said:
Hello guys!

I have applied for Computer Programmer Analyst (Diploma with co -op 3yrs) at Durham College Oshawa Campus for the september 2017 intake on March 3th,2017 and got the offer letter on March 9th.
My profile:

Nationality:India
(2010)10th CBSE-8.6 CGPA
(2012)12th CBSE-70%(Computer Science)
IELTS(A)-{L-8.5,R-7,W-6.5,R-6.5,Overall-7}

After 12th i went for a certification course on C++ and C and got a job in software company as C++ Developer Trainee .So I'm having a work experience of 4 yrs and ready to provide all the neccessary documents including Offer letter,Hike letter,3 months payslip,resignation letter, experience letter and the C /C++ certification from the institute.
I have seeked advice from few consultancies and almost everyone is saying it will surely lead to visa rejection as there is a study gap of 5years(as on sept 17) after my 12th.Despite all these negative aspects of my profile i have decided to to apply for student permit under general category.

I have a few queries for which i need help from you guys:
*The offer letter i got from Durham College has a condition stating that "This letter of acceptance is for processing under SPP-India only."Since I'm applying under general category and not under spp,will this offer letter be enough for applying for visa or should i mail the college for getting another offer letter for general category?
*What are your views on my profile's visa acceptance, what all necessary steps should i follow to make the application to the best from my side?

Eagerly waiting for all your replies.Kindly do help me by assisting in visa processing as I'm applying for it directly without any consultancies.
Thanks in Advance.
you posted all over the place sir. :D

a letter of acceptance generally has a format. if it meets that format, then that is a valid letter of acceptance.

how can you tell if your application will be rejected if you do not try?

you don't apply thinking that it will fail. you collect and setup all the requirements with the expectation that you will succeed.

best of luck to you sir.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
juliefaith said:
Yes you are right Mayaril2.

Exempted ang Phil for NAIT English Requirements for the program 2017-2018. Have you applied in NAIT too?
if its true then that's good news. lol. tipid ka ng 10k-15k sa pagreview sa IELTS

ang advantage naman ng IELTS ay pwede mo yan magamit sa ibang bagay like for example sa express entry or provincial nominee program

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
trxter41 said:
you posted all over the place sir. :D

a letter of acceptance generally has a format. if it meets that format, then that is a valid letter of acceptance.

how can you tell if your application will be rejected if you do not try?

you don't apply thinking that it will fail. you collect and setup all the requirements with the expectation that you will succeed.

best of luck to you sir.

Lol sorry for posting everywhere since no was replying my own thread.
Well all consultancies and agents i approached are giving total negative response to my profile,shouldnt i worry about that,and to avoid making any mistakes while applying.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
P@1n said:
Ratings: +0

General_category_India_student_permit_nonspp
« on: March 09, 2017, 03:26:12 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Remove messageRemove
Hello guys!

I have applied for Computer Programmer Analyst (Diploma with co -op 3yrs) at Durham College Oshawa Campus for the september 2017 intake on March 3th,2017 and got the offer letter on March 9th.
My profile:

Nationality:India
(2010)10th CBSE-8.6 CGPA
(2012)12th CBSE-70%(Computer Science)
IELTS(A)-{L-8.5,R-7,W-6.5,R-6.5,Overall-7}

After 12th i went for a certification course on C++ and C and got a job in software company as C++ Developer Trainee .So I'm having a work experience of 4 yrs and ready to provide all the neccessary documents including Offer letter,Hike letter,3 months payslip,resignation letter, experience letter and the C /C++ certification from the institute.
I have seeked advice from few consultancies and almost everyone is saying it will surely lead to visa rejection as there is a study gap of 5years(as on sept 17) after my 12th.Despite all these negative aspects of my profile i have decided to to apply for student permit under general category.

I have a few queries for which i need help from you guys:
*The offer letter i got from Durham College has a condition stating that "This letter of acceptance is for processing under SPP-India only."Since I'm applying under general category and not under spp,will this offer letter be enough for applying for visa or should i mail the college for getting another offer letter for general category?
*What are your views on my profile's visa acceptance, what all necessary steps should i follow to make the application to the best from my side?

Eagerly waiting for all your replies.Kindly do help me by assisting in visa processing as I'm applying for it directly without any consultancies.
Thanks in Advance.
I don't know if I remember it correctly but there is a special program for China and India's international student.
Their processing is different from other int' student. Let's look at it from the general point of view.
If you are 22 and you have a study gap with 5yrs because you are working then that means that you finish school at 17. Counting the years, the minimum requirement for education is grade 12 (in Canada) which is 18yrs old. If you are 17 when you graduate you are probably short in educational requirement. Certification is not credited for your C++ certification thus the school put you on a conditional status. It means that we cannot accept you on a general basis however we can accept you on an SSP-India status.
You have a job offer waiting for you in India so that makes you more likely to be granted a student permit.

Your option:

- Go to a credited college for few more years to meet the minimum requirements then apply for student visa.
- Still just do the application, you will never know the result until you try BUT when submitting an application include a letter of explanation/ statement of purpose (SOP) stating the reason for your 5yrs gap in study, which is getting a certification and working.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Mayaril2 said:
Oops sori nakalimotan ko mag lagay ng exempted sa *IELTS or any english language test ang pinas.

Hindi ko ma share ang link from their website eh.
ask mo nalang sila directly para sigurado ka. sa sait kasi depende sa course ang exempted sa ielts. sa ibang colleges naman ang alam ko need mo iprove na english ang medium of instruction ng previous school mo.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
kapatid said:
I don't know if I remember it correctly but there is a special program for China and India's international student.
Their processing is different from other int' student. Let's look at it from the general point of view.
If you are 22 and you have a study gap with 5yrs because you are working then that means that you finish school at 17. Counting the years, the minimum requirement for education is grade 12 (in Canada) which is 18yrs old. If you are 17 when you graduate you are probably short in educational requirement. Certification is not credited for your C++ certification thus the school put you on a conditional status. It means that we cannot accept you on a general basis however we can accept you on an SSP-India status.
You have a job offer waiting for you in India so that makes you more likely to be granted a student permit.

Your option:

- Go to a credited college for few more years to meet the minimum requirements then apply for student visa.
- Still just do the application, you will never know the result until you try BUT when submitting an application include a letter of explanation/ statement of purpose (SOP) stating the reason for your 5yrs gap in study, which is getting a certification and working.
need to correct you on the age thing. I will be 23 this year itself by august.I just wrote my current age according to my dob in the profile.1994 born so i graduated grade 12 when im just few months from 18 only.
The special condition for faster processing for indian students is spp only.But the thing is that i want to apply under non spp category which is actually satisfied by my current qualification for the diploma course i applied.

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hello po.. baka po merong gustong magshare po ng kanilang SOP. :) gusto ko lang po icheck for the last time if meron ako need i-add.. hihi..

duenas.jecka@gmail.com

Maraming maraming salamat po.. Godbless!

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hello po ulit. May isa pa po sana akong gustong ihingi ng opinion. Regarding po sa proof of funds.. nabanggit po sakin na mejo risk daw po sa refusal pero gusto ko pdn po hingin ang opinyon nyo based sa may experience and sa idea nyo po.. eto po kasi ung summary ng POF ko..

Personal Funds: 770k
Sponsor 1 (father): 700k (+ORCR, 6 land titles and share of stocks). I also provided his current COE amd payslip)
Sponsor 2 (mother inlaw): 1M (I also provided her COE and payslip)

Ang prob ko po is for Sponsor 2, pinagsama lang po ng inlaws ko (buong pamilya) ang account nla kaya nagresult sa mababang daily ave. balance na 400k lng :( malaking prob po ba ito?

Ask ko po sana if ano po ba ang maganda gawin? Sobrang nsstress po ako kasi high risk daw po of refusal un since mababa po daily ave. Balance nung sponsor 2..

Mayaril2

Mar 5, 2017
peej06 said:
ask mo nalang sila directly para sigurado ka. sa sait kasi depende sa course ang exempted sa ielts. sa ibang colleges naman ang alam ko need mo iprove na english ang medium of instruction ng previous school mo.
Thank you Sir peej

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
jfider said:
Hello po ulit. May isa pa po sana akong gustong ihingi ng opinion. Regarding po sa proof of funds.. nabanggit po sakin na mejo risk daw po sa refusal pero gusto ko pdn po hingin ang opinyon nyo based sa may experience and sa idea nyo po.. eto po kasi ung summary ng POF ko..

Sponsor 1 (father): 700k (+ORCR, 6 land titles and share of stocks). I also provided his current COE amd payslip)

Ang prob ko po is for Sponsor 2, pinagsama lang po ng inlaws ko (buong pamilya) ang account nla kaya nagresult sa mababang daily ave. balance na 400k lng :( malaking prob po ba ito?

Ask ko po sana if ano po ba ang maganda gawin? Sobrang nsstress po ako kasi high risk daw po of refusal un since mababa po daily ave. Balance nung sponsor 2..
Saan galing o sino nagsabi na high risk of refusal ka?
All you need is 1yr tuition fee and $10,000 fund for support.
If you father have 700k + other fund edi more than enough na yun. Kung mag aaffidavit yung father mo na susupportahan ka niya more than enough na yun. Porket mababa average income hindi ka nila kayang pagaralin?

Do you have enough funds to say in Canada?
No, I only have 770k.
Do you have other source of support, like someone who will help you with your education?
Yes, my father will provide me with 700k.

Then that's all good.

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
kapatid said:
Saan galing o sino nagsabi na high risk of refusal ka?
All you need is 1yr tuition fee and $10,000 fund for support.
If you father have 700k + other fund edi more than enough na yun. Kung mag aaffidavit yung father mo na susupportahan ka niya more than enough na yun. Porket mababa average income hindi ka nila kayang pagaralin?

Do you have enough funds to say in Canada?
No, I only have 770k.
Do you have other source of support, like someone who will help you with your education?
Yes, my father will provide me with 700k.

Then that's all good.
Thank you sa reply kapatid. Yes, i also provided affidavit + the letter of sponsorship from them po..
actually, sa agency ko po yun.. sinabi lang nla ung possible na maging prob and the most risky daw yung daily average balance sa bank ng sponsor 2 ko..

Maraming salamat po ulit.. nawala po ang kaba ko.. bukas na po kc ako magpapasa hehe.. :)

MisheL21

Mar 11, 2017
Hi!!
I'm newbie here and a silent reader...d ko pa tapos yung binabasa ko so I'm still back reading.

I applied in GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE last November 17, 2016; Got my LOA February 8, 2017 thru email that will expire in April 7, 2017. (health informations management)

I'm still completing the requirements and isa pang nakapagpa bagal is yung passport ng husband ko expired pala so kumuha ako appointment sa dfa baguio for march 15,2017 renewal. after 10 working days pa bago makuha.

he is one of my sponsor and his uncle.

I'm planning to apply online and isabay na yung husband ko at 5 year old son ko,

question:

1. a 5 year old son general visitor ba?

2. I graduated as a nurse work few years then turned businesswoman. been unemployed as a nurse for almost 10years, is it a high chance of refusal with connection to my course?

3. yung credit card my credit limit so I'm planning to pay the 1st semester tuition fee by multiple transaction with different credit card to George brown, will there be a problem? ($7000 cad)

thank u po sa mga sasagot. :)

MisheL21

Mar 11, 2017
Synder said:
Why dont you do an online application. Mine was so straight forward, tas make a very good SOP. Actually less nga ung documents na linasa ko nung online ko kesa sa hiningi ng VFS

baka po pwede makahingi ng sample of SOP pls? thanks
mishelperez18@gmail.com

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
jfider said:

ca citizen/pr ba sponsors mo? dagdag mo ITR para makita nila legally acquired ang income niyo at hindi loan or pinahiram. actually antaas na ng daily ave balance na yan, eh yung personal fund mo ano daily ave?